- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 11 months, and 1 day
Last active Fri, Jan, 10 2014 16:52:19
- 0 Followers
- 608 Total Posts
- 18 Thanks
Jan 24, 2013Normally I don't reply to a thread like this (come on, how stupid is this thread? Why even bother?), but I just want to say that Minecraft is how I got into good graphics editing (by making a texture pack), and it taught me the proper way to code games. Minecraft is a fun game (and certainly a waste of time, that's the point) for most, but for me it has been invaluable to my future in the two areas I would want a job in most.Posted in: Discussion
Jan 24, 2013I found a mod that makes Minecraft panoramas. Using that and the Soartex texture pack, I made a panorama and turned it into a 'little planet'. I thought it would make a good avatar, so I touched it up and now it's my avatar on every site I have an account on.Posted in: General Off Topic
Jan 23, 2013It already exists? Are you referring to ShipCraft? Because looking at the images of the models, it doesn't look like it would add support for placing blocks in the ship. Also I can't see what features they will be adding to it, but I know that I like the features in this idea.Posted in: Suggestions
If you are talking about some other mod, please link to it.
Jan 23, 2013Posted in: SuggestionsQuote from dannsair2
any why lets get mojang to put this in to mine craft i am hopeing this to be added i even build a boat yard for this if it ever comes. but if mojang dose not licen it might be a mod but it should be in vanllla.
I doubt this would end up in Minecraft, they seem to prefer to keep things relatively simple (and when they don't, they make things esoteric (eg. redstone) so that they can be used for complex things). However, this would make an awesome mod.
I can think of another way that this mod would work. If there is a special dimension reserved for ship models (or even per ship), then all the blocks on the ship could be stored and interact with each other in another dimension. The ship itself, however, is an entity, but it renders its blocks in the world it's in and handles block placing properly. That way you can place blocks on the ship, but it can still have smooth motion and turning like an entity.
Tired of the block vs entity debate? Make it both!
Jan 20, 2013CupcakeRobber: Thanks for making that, although I would prefer just a simple logo people could recognize. Also, I'm a graphic designer, so all I'm looking for is an idea.Posted in: General Off Topic
Quote from FireHazard128
Multi-color puzzle pieces?
Hmm, I like that idea. I'll see how that turns out.
Quote from SM8
I vote for something that looks like a PCB. That would look really cool.
I like that too... Might be a bit complex, but it could work out.
Jan 19, 2013I am part of this modding team we're calling LogiCo, but we can't think of a logo to use. My first attempt looked exactly like the USB logo...Posted in: General Off Topic
So, I decided to ask the community. Any good logo ideas (any better team names would also be welcome )?
Jan 19, 2013Woah, this is epic...Posted in: Suggestions
You are going to need a pretty good programmer for this. As far as I know, having rotatable, yet still functional blocks is near impossible, as the blocks are accessed using a grid system. It might be possible if you make the boat act like a separate dimension, that is inside the current one.
Idea: Iron boats, that can go on lava (for the Nether) It wouldn't be able to go on water, of course, it would sink.
Jan 18, 2013A fake hate thread, a good pun, and a new design that looks AND works like the real thing? (Edit: and an epic coincidence)Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
You are brilliant.
Everyone else, don't forget to vote the OP up. They deserve it.
Jan 17, 2013In the mod I'm making, I have a tile entity that I want to be able to access blocks around it. I've figured out how to store the coordinates of the block, but when I load the world it accesses the coordinates using NBT tags. Unfortunately I can't do the same with the world object, so is there any other way for the tile entity to get access to the world object?Posted in: Modification Development
Edit: My tile entity only needs access whenever it or a block around it gets updated.
Jan 14, 2013Flopster posted a message on do you think the new texture pack thing is needed?Searching through the textures is a little bit annoying, but the names are very straightforward (and it doesn't take long to learn the less obvious ones). As an HD texture pack creator, I feel that the advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Edit: Ok, I was wrong about the naming. A lot of the textures are quite hard to find. But if your file browser looks anything like this:
You can just look at the image thumbnails to find the right one. And if you have a decent memory you should be able to remember the names. I still think that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but I do agree that they seriously need to change the texture names (they should change the variable names in the source code too, while they're at it)
1. HD textures without MCPatcher! No more annoying people asking about the fire and portal textures in grass.
2. I don't need to update the terrain.png file whenever Minecraft comes out with a new block.
3. I can have custom animations without MCPatcher.
4. I can put a custom needle on my compass (Looks so much better without the glitchy super-thin needle).
5. Since I'm collaborating on the pack, I don't need to post a 1024x1024 image when I've only edited one texture.
6. More blocks/items can be added than would fit on a single texture sheet, without having to use even more texture sheets
7. When I save a texture as a psd, I can instantly convert it to png without copying/pasting into the terrain.png (minor, but about as much work as searching through an alphabetical list for a texture).
8. Making my mod will be slightly easier, because I won't need to worry about where each texture goes in the texture sheet to make it more organized.
9. The customizer I'm making for the texture pack will be easier, because I don't need to write code for putting textures in the right place in a texture sheet.
10. It's more obvious what each texture is for, because the images files are named.
11. Textures that haven't been created take up less space because I don't have to upscale a 16x16 texture, I just don't include the file.
12. For the same reason as above, unfinished texture packs could be slightly faster.
13. I don't see why I would, but if I wanted to I could mix and match HD textures.
Edit: Actually, sort of see why I would. I think 64x is perfect for a texture pack, but the compass is often used when held in your hand, and my custom needle looks a bit blurry because it uses anti-aliasing. I could make the compass 128 or even 256x, however, and then it would look much better.
Jan 3, 2013Is this light sensor analog (output decreases strength the less light there is)? It had better be analog. It bugs me that while redstone is almost perfect for analog circuits, no redstone mods seem to have any of them.Posted in: Minecraft News
Nov 11, 2012I usually only organise my hotbar when spelunking, however I always have my sword in the first slot.Posted in: Survival Mode
3. Torches (Lighting up to prevent mobs spawning is more important than mining)
6. Solid block
7. Water bucket
8. Empty bucket (or lava bucket once I fill in up)
9. Crafting table
Nov 4, 20121. Michael Kelway Oliver (President of Carleton University in Canada)Posted in: Forum Games
2. New Democratic Party (Canadian political party)
4. 20th century
6. Han Dynasty
8. Folio (printing)
10. Paper size
From a university president to paper.
Nov 3, 2012Cheesy Snort, with a box in the asparagus that eats beef. Today, he took the train by the horns. Then **** came through to him. Oh, how he sought fame. Unfortunately, his diaper dentist didn't approve eating SHIET! So when the bamboo flavoredPosted in: Forum Games
- To post a comment, please login.
Jan 25, 2012Flopster posted a message on Minecraft™ LEGO® CUUSOO Project Passes LEGO ReviewAnd there should be build instructions for making NPC Villages.Posted in: News
Jan 25, 2012Flopster posted a message on Minecraft™ LEGO® CUUSOO Project Passes LEGO ReviewI think there should be transparent blocks, so you can make floating blocks. And it needs real waterPosted in: News
Minecraft lego would be great for making structures before you build them in Minecraft. It would make planning and designing much easier, leading to more great builds.
- To post a comment, please login.