Hey everyone! It's the 71st weekly status update!
There's been lots going on recently, sorry about not getting a status report out sooner
Mahtaran and I have been busy with school and burnout. However, we have big news, and some smaller news. Let's start big. Mahtaran and I have decided that just like Forge, we'll not be porting to 1.13. Instead, we're going to rewrite the entire mod, from the ground up. This means there will be a big delay in new content from us as we'll be rewriting the mod.
We'll be splitting up the mod in a core API and the mod itself. The API will allow things like:
- It makes our lives much easier in general by speeding up the development process
- Support for big and extensive skill trees
- An improved Abilities/Spells system, which allows us to add better ways of unlocking and upgrading spells, and lets us develop types of spells we previously couldn't, in a much easier and more efficient way
- Better animations
-Better AI for mobs to allow them to use abilities in a more intuitive way
- Utilities to help us create UIs easier while remaining very configurable
- A more versatile Mana/Chi system
- Custom events and advancement support for easier integration with the mod
- A versatile system to create your own magic mod or addon!
Additionally, the mod rewrite will provide:
- Consistent XP and levelling! Your abilities will improve as you give them XP, not just as you level them up!
- An overall rework of all abilities and effects, making them better and more consistent than ever.
- Fixes for various bugs, like not being able to damage the Ender Dragon or the broken shaders!
Slightly smaller news: I've fixed several crashes and am working on water bubble! I'll hopefully be able to get out a fix by the end of the week!!! Water bubble will act as a shield, a chargeable projectile, ammo for your abilities, and a bucket!!! Super exciting, right?