This is a really good server, i find it very enjoyable and i recommend it to everyone else, and they are not paying me to say this...
now wheres my money?
JKJK but it is a good servah
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 2 months, and 16 days
Last active Mon, Sep, 25 2017 03:34:25
- 0 Followers
- 318 Total Posts
- 14 Thanks
Jun 10, 2012Elk160 posted a message on The Village of Foxhole: Join us at thefoxhole.enjin.comPosted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)
Feb 17, 2012so im sure that all of thesse or atleast most of these have already been sugested or made into a modPosted in: Suggestions
but i was thinking that there could be different mobs for different biomes
there are already ocelots in jungles
there could be little 1x1x1 frogs that spawn in swamps so on lilly pads and jump 2 or 3 blocks high there passive and i dont know what they would drop
in desserts there could be scorpions (2x1x1 like 2 blocks long, one block high and one block wide) they could spawn on sand blocks that were 5 or more blocks away from anything else on the ground other then air.they would be netrul at day and agressive at night they could drop little venom sacks or something that if you surrund all 8 blocks around a sword it would become poisenous, the scorpions would also poison you
1x1x1 crabs that spawn on sand blocks that are 1x5 blocks away from water theyre netural and drop crab claws that you can put ontop of a stick to make 2 spears that you can throw, like an arrow but no bow or charging up also it would only do like 1 damage
on snow thats on grass there could be 1x2x1(the same size as you) PENGUINS! theyy are passive and some times the slide on the belly(like the same size as a spider without the legs) when there on ice. they drop 0-2 raw fish and 0-1 penguin blubber or flubber or rubber or something which if you make a pair of shoes out of it it makes flippers that you can equipt in the shoe slot to swim 1.5 times faster but over time while swimming the duribility runs out
Because the new worlds are 3 times bigger im asuming that therll be bigger mountians that are abouve the clouds, and if so they could make on stone and grass blocks that are over a certain height, maybe where the clouds are there are goats that are like the same size as sheep or cows. they would probly be neutral and if they attack you they would run so you would get knocked back allot. i have no idea what they would drop
those are all my ideas off the top of my head now, i know that allot of these ideas are stupid but whatever
Jan 20, 2012"turn around" or "check your house..."Posted in: Suggestions
"Make sure to wash my car"
"that last sign was a joke"
"KILL FOR MAGIC" saying how you need exp for enchanting
"Attack a pack, than theyll fight back" talking about wolves and zombie pigmen
Nov 12, 2011well i know it has been said a millionka jillion billion thrillion times but if you dont like the mushroom biomes and the snow men and the end and villages and strong holds, you can turn them off or ignore them or not make them, depending on what it isPosted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
and notch has wanted minecraft to be like this from the start.
also he was nice and let people play it b4 it was out, i bet half the people on this forums wouldnt even know what minecraft is for another month or 2 if notch waited for the full game, and if he did then people wouldnt be complaining about how it has changed cuz they wouldnt even know. so instead of saying he ruined it be thankful he released before it was even in its alpha stages
Oct 13, 2011is a watch in minecraft a circle? is a compass in minecraft a circle? is a snowball in minecraft a circle? is a slimeball etcPosted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
no there just losts of small squares together so it looks like a circle.
besides, if you think all those were circles wouldnt you have stoped playing back when they came in cuz they are as circular as the sun and moon
Oct 11, 2011DUDE!Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
when you CRAFT a map its map 0 then the next map you craft will be map 1 then 2 and so forth
Your problem is you craft them in the same place, the centre of the map is where your standing when you craft it
either your 5T0oP1D or your game is broke
not to mention your "ideas" should be in sugestions
- To post a comment, please login.
Oct 21, 2011Posted in: Suggestions
Welcome to The End v2, one of the biggest upgrades suggested for The End so far. This thread will include two new mobs, many new items and an entirely new concept for The End. It will also include a few minor upgrades to the current The End and its inhabitants. Through this idea I am trying to make The End a far more interesting place and a highly anticipated area in Minecraft.
Before I begin, I would also like to note that this suggestion is for vanilla Minecraft. Perhaps in the future this will become a mod but right now I'm not making it nor am I organizing for it to happen. I guess it all comes down to how well Notch makes the final version of The End which will decide whether this becomes a mod or not. :wink.gif:
--> Dark Spirit
--> Shadow Critter
--> Ender Dragon
--> The Ender Blade
--> Dragon Scale Armour
--> Ender Pearl
--> Spirit Diamond
--> Shadow Crystal
--> Dragon Bone
--> Dragon Scale
--> Dragon Egg
--> Portal Block
--> Dragons Nest
Spawn: The End, Overworld
Description: Endermen are a neutral mob and will only attack the player when provoked. You will provoke an Endermen to fight you if you look at it in the eyes and then look away after. When fighting an Endermen it will teleport around you to avoid being hit. When it comes in contact with water it will take a small amount of damage, although it will try to avoid falling into the water by teleporting away. They can pick up a range of different blocks and place them where they please. In the new, The End, Endermen will be a lot less common because there are now new mobs.
Drops: Ender Pearl
Spawn: The End
Description: Dark Spirits are the second most dangerous mob in The End, following just behind the Ender Dragon. They are a hostile mob and will attack you when you have been noticed. Dark Spirits are quite rare to encounter compared to Endermen and Shadow Critters. About 1/30 mobs found in The End will be a Dark Spirit. When fighting a Dark Spirit you will notice it’s unique form of combat. When they notice you they will start to fly towards you and when they get close to you they will split into five Dark Spirits. Only one of these however is the real Dark Spirit. Hitting a fake Dark Spirit will make it instantly disappear after one hit. If you hit the real Dark Spirit, all the fakes will disappear. After it hits you all the fakes will disappear and the Dark Spirit will quickly flee backwars about 5 to 10 blocks. It will then restart this process over again. If it does manage to hit you, the damage will range from 1 to 5 health points. This unique form of combat will be quite different to anything previously seen in Minecraft.
Drops: Spirit Diamond
Spawn: The End
Description: Shadow Critters are the weakest mob in The End, but they are not necessarily easy to defeat. They are a neutral mob and will only attack you if you attack them. They will also attack you if you attack another Shadow Critter within a 10 block radius. Shadow Critters are quite small being about 1 block high in height. When fighting a Shadow Critter they will sometimes turn themselves invisible, leaving a very faint glow around them. They will only stay invisible for up to about 10 seconds. They only way to force them out of being invisible is to hit them successfully. Shadow Critters will run around you quickly and attack you from different positions.
Drops: Shadow Crystal
Spawn: The End
Description: The Ender Dragon is the hardest boss in the game with a total of 100 health points. It is basically impossible to defeat without the use of potions, splash potions, enchantments, food and good tactics. The Ender Dragon will destroy any block that it flies through with the exception of whitestone and obsidian. This means that it will only destroy blocks that you bring into The End. Ender Dragons are a neutral mob and will only attack you if you enter their nest. They fight using a mixture of fire attacks and melee attacks.
Life Cycle: When The End is first generated it will generate one nest somewhere in the world. When you enter that nest the Ender Dragon will turn from neutral to hostile to protect the egg in the nest. The egg is quite big and will not hatch while the Ender Dragon is still alive. When you kill the dragon and leave The End the egg will hatch and a new Ender Dragon will re-spawn. When you re-enter The End you will be able to see this new Ender Dragon. Upon returning to the nest you will notice a new egg in a new location. This cycle repeats itself every time the Ender Dragon is killed.
Drops: The Ender Blade, Dragon Bone [x2] and Dragon Scale [x15].
The Ender Blade:
The Ender Blade is unlike any other sword in Minecraft. Firstly, it doesn’t follow the same template as other swords. I thought that since this would be an extremely rare sword it deserved a new and individual look. Secondly, each player can only obtain one The Ender Blade at a time. The Ender Dragon will not drop a second sword if you still have one in possession but if you somehow obtain a second via a friend or whatever your old one will disappear. Third and finally, although The Ender Blade will lose charges as you use it, it will not disappear upon using all of its charge. For this weapon instead of having to obtain another you will have to repair it.
When you first obtain The Ender Blade it will be damaged and unusable. To be able to use it you will have to repair it first (as mentioned above). To repair The Ender Blade use the following recipe.
After repairing it you will finally be able to use it in combat. The Ender Blade will be better than a Diamond Sword but not so good that it overpowers every mob in the game. However, The Ender Blade will last no longer than a Diamond Sword and then you will have to repair it again.
Apart from all of this, The Ender Blade also has a special ability which is only available in this particular sword. If you kill a mob with this sword there will be a 1/10 chance of the mob additionally dropping a ‘Blood Heart’. They will look something like this:
If you pick up ‘Blood Heart’ it will restore 1 full heart in your health bar. ‘Blood Hearts’ will not be able to be stored in your inventory; they will go into effect immediately. Thus you can not collect them and use them whenever you want.
Dragon Scale Armour:
PICTURE COMING SOON!
Dragon Scale Armour is not like typical Minecraft armour. Unlike normal armour, Dragon Scale Armour is best at absorbing projectile attacks from mobs such as Ghasts, Skeletons and Blazes. Dragon Scale Armour will absorb melee attacks as well but no better than Diamond Armour does. It will use the same template as all other armour with the exception of a different colour and texture.
A special ability this armour also obtains is the ‘Deflect Ability’. This ability only works when fighting a mob which uses ranged-type attacks (eg. Skeletons, Blazes and Ghasts). What the ‘Deflect Ability’ does is when you are fighting these mobs you’ll have a 1/10 chance of the attack being deflected back at them. This also works in multiplayer PvP if somebody tries attacking you with a bow and arrows you will have a chance of deflecting that arrow as well. To put this into context, if a Ghast shoots fire at you then there is a 1/10 chance that they will receive the damage instead.
To obtain Dragon Scale Armour you will have to collect Dragon Scales from the Ender Dragon. Every time you kill an Ender Dragon it will drop a total of 15 Dragon Scales which is just enough to create a platebody and leggings. If you want to create the helmet and boots you will have to return to the dragon and fight it again.
Sadly, unlike the Blade of the Damned, you will not be able to easily repair your Dragon Scale Armour. Like all other armour in Minecraft armour when you use all of the charges in your Dragon Scale Armour it will disappear and if you want to get it again you’ll have to refight the Ender Dragon to obtain more scales.
Ender Pearls are dropped by Endermen in both The End and the Overworld. When thrown you will teleport to the location were the land but you will also accumulate a small amount of damage.
Spirit Diamonds are dropped by Dark Spirits in The End. If you right click while holding a Spirit Diamond it will shatter and your character will split into five. However, only one of these will really be you. Mobs will attack any of the five characters. If they hit one of the four fakes they will instantly disappear after one hit. If they hit the real you all the fakes will disappear and the fight will continue.
Shadow Crystals are dropped by Shadow Critters in The End. Same as the Spirit Diamond, if you right click while holding a Shadow Crystal it will shatter. This will unleash a magical effect and will make your player invisible for up to 10 seconds. This effect will instantly ware off once you hit a mob.
A Dragon Bone is a larger version of the current bone which is dropped by Skeletons. They are dropped by Ender Dragons in The Ender. These will have no different use to a normal bone other than when crafting them into bone meal instead of producing 3 bone meal, it will create 10. Ender Dragon’s will drop two of these bones every time you kill one of them.
Dragon Scales are dropped by Ender Dragons in The Ender. They have but one use which is to create Dragon Scale Armour. Each Ender Dragon will drop a total of 15 Dragon Scales which is just enough for you to create the platebody and leggings. Creating the helmet and boots will require you to kill a second Ender Dragon.
Whitestone is the block which makes up the majority of The End. It has similar properties to stone. It is white in colour and requires a pickaxe to mine. Right now when you mine it will drop cobblestone instead of whitestone. However, I propose this should be changed. Upon mining whitestone it should drop a whitestone block so that adventurers can take it back to the Overworld to display in their homes.
Obsidian is used to build the Obelisks which are scattered throughout The End.
Blackstone is a rare block in The End. It looks similar to whitestone in texture but is almost pitch black in colour. Blackstone is only used to build the Dragons Nest. Blackstone retains similar properties to that of bedrock. Blackstone cannot be mined, thus it cannot be taken back into the Overworld.
Only ONE Dragon Egg will spawn in each world. This block will only spawn in The End inside a Dragons Nest. Just as Blackstone, the Dragon Egg is an unbreakable block.
A Portal Block is exactly the same as The End Portal blocks used in the Overworld to access The End. Even in The End it is no different.
The plains make up the majority of The End. They are formed of whitestone blocks.
Obelisks are scattered all throughout The End. They are giant tower-like structures which are made purely from obsidian.
PICTURE COMING SOON!
The portal in The End which takes you back to the Overworld looks exactly the same as the portal leading from the Overworld to The End. However, every time you enter The End the portal will reset again. Three of the sides (9/12 portal blocks) will have an Eye of Ender placed in them making the portal 3/4 activated. The twist being the last 3/12 blocks are not activated with Eye of Ender’s. Instead, you must fill these blocks with an Ender Pearl, Spirit Diamond and Shadow Pearl which you must obtain by killing mobs in The Ender. Once you place these three gems into the remaining three portal blocks the portal will open again returning you to the Overworld.
In The End it will only generate ONE Dragons Nest on each world. This nest is home to the Ender Dragon and entering it will result in the Ender Dragon returning back there to fight you. The Dragons Nest is made up of entirely Blackstone, which cannot be mined (as with bedrock). In the Dragons Nest will sometimes be little scattered pools of lava. There will also be a dragon egg which will only hatch once the Ender Dragon has been slain (and after you re-enter The End).
Thanks for reading!
Anyway, I hope you’ve liked my idea. As always, I’m open to constructive criticism so anything you’d like to say about this idea I’d love to hear. All suggestions are welcome. If you give me an idea that I like, I might add it to this suggestion, and if I do you will receive credit.
How can I support?
There are several ways you can support this suggestion:
- +1 this suggestion in the bottom right corner of this post.
- [COMING SOON] Like this idea on getSatisfaction.
- Tweet this idea to Notch and Jeb on Twitter.
- Add our support banner to your forum signature;
Simply copy and pate the above code then click this link: CLICK HERE TO MAKE THIS YOUR SIGNATURE!
The signature will look this:
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this suggestion. I really do hope you liked it all. :happy.gif:
Disclaimer: All images shown on this thread have been made made by me and/or the Mojang team. You may at free will use any of the images made by Mojang. If you need to use any of the images I've made I respectfully ask that you give me credit or link back to this thread.
Modding: This suggestion is for vanilla Minecraft, but if anybody wishes to create a mod for it that will be fine by me. Though, before you start making the mod based off this idea I do request that you notify me so I know what's going on.
Sep 22, 2011Solaria posted a message on 1.0 New Features! OFFICIAL Report on New Features! MINECRAFT IS RELEASED!Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
[color="#8B0000"]Remember these are "Pre" releases and nothing is completed until the full release.[/color]
[color="#000000"]Find any new features? Screenshots? Report them all here![/color]
Note: This is NOT the place to report bugs. Just new features.
Report bugs here.
[color="#8B0000"]1.0 PreRelease 2 (For 1.1)[/color][color="#000000"]
- No trolling.
- No spamming.
- Read entire OP before posting.
- No advertising.
- No reporting/posting about bugs you find.
- Do NOT ask for help with any issues in this topic.
[color="#8B0000"]Weekly Releases (For the future 1.1)[/color]
- Apples drop from "normal" trees.
- Mobs no longer 'trample' crops. They will if they jump.
- Press "B" and you can change the game mode (surv/creative)
- Can now use shears to destroy tall grass and break it again
- Taiga biomes are back.
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
- Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles
- Added multiple languages
- Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug
- Corrected a powered rail bug
- Corrected a redstone update bug
- Automatic "Snap Shots": "These "snapshots" will be named 11w47 ( year and week) + a, b, c etc (in case we do more than one), in one word such as "11w47a" - Jeb_
- Fixes double door glitch (fixed in 1.0.1?)
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 Official Release[/color]
- Icon change of the last achievement, "The End."
- Redstone wire that is not connected to anything now resembles a single red dot.
- That's it. Sorry guys. Well, all of the 1.9 stuff is in too. But that doesn't count as 'new' material. ;P 1.9 info is organized below for your convenience. Have a nice day. *Smiles*
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 is released!
The game should download the update as with any normal update! (Force Update on the Launcher)[/color]
[color="#8B0000"]Release Candidate 2 (RC2)[/color]
Post about this will be around #2400 within this topic.
- New Sounds were added shortly before the RCs. Info added in Pre6 too.
- New Getting hurt sound!
- New Explode sound!
- New Chest opening sound!
- New Arrow Shooting sound!
- New Door opening sound!
- New throwing sound! (Eggs / Snowballs)
- New throwing sound! (Eye of Ender)
- New Enderman Teleporting Sound!
- New Enderman Getting hurt Sound!
- New 'Gathering' Orbs Sound!
- New Eating Sound!
- New Potion Drinking Sound! (And you do not 'eat' the bottle anymore.)
- New "Baby" Sheep Sound!
- Blazes have "metallic breathing-in" Sound! Make same sound as a tool breaking when they get damaged.
- Colored sheep now have a random chance of giving you a colored lamb.
- Bows now have durability.
- Quit-Game button in game menu.
- Tools now have a break animation and make a sound when breaking. Blazes make the same 'break' noise sound when hurt.
- Double-Doors open different. Open one left door, and it will open both. [/color]
- Square Moon/Sun
- Water physics fixed.
- Explosion damage 'fixed'.
- Enderdragon is IN the game.
- List of bugs fixed [F] here.
- Redstone is faster to mine.
- Redstone wire no long trys to "snap" into a block with a redstone torch ontop of it.
- Option -> Particle change (Void).
- Mining Obsidian takes about 3 seconds. Bug?
- ALL doors require redstone - BUG - Confirmed.
- New blocks
- Enderdragon healer
- Enderdragon egg
- Stairs drop stairs when mined.
- Iron bars mine faster.
- Infinite lava has been removed.
- Baby sheep can now be "colored". If parents are of different colors, then you have a 50-50 shot of the color. White counts as a color.
- The "F" key commands have been removed.
- Redstone unplaceable on glowstone. Bug?
- New Sounds! Doors, bow, and explosion.
The Enderdragon's health is now shown at the top of the screen in a purple health bar when you are in the End.The Enderdragon now spawns a platform with an End portal and a pillar with an Enderdragon egg on it in its center.Entering the portal causes the end game text/credits to roll(and then respawns the player in the overworld as if they died). Thanks to Forever A Troll post #2323.
Minecraft Credits upon ending of the game
Posts start on #1968. Offical change log here.[/color]
- Squids swim up. Passive squid animation is now vertical.
- Slimes no longer have a 'depth y0-16' restriction.
- Pigmen no longer accumulate fall damage while swimming in lava.
- Ender Dragons
- Now take damages by player.
- Glows purple when killed, disintegrates and floats upwards - new animation effect.
- Drops loads of XP and one obsidian block.
- Have the same eye shining thin Enderman has.
- Dragon makes "a player gettin hit sound" when damaged.
- Mobs 'neutral' in creative mode. Except for spiders, ghasts, and silverfish.. Note: Enemies from spawners are still hostile.
- Dragon Eggs. - Not in game, recently tweeted by Notch.
- Baby animals in SMP.
- Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.
- Fences no longer connect to leaves.
- Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.
- Melons breaking into more than one piece again.
- Fixed fence "hitboxes".
- Balancing of enchantments.
- Find 'iron' gear in strongholds.
- Silk touch does not work on spawners.
- Game Crashing piston glitch fixed.
- Eye of Ender now points directly to the Ender Portal.
- Camera rotation
- I, J, K, L, N, and M control where your looking (I,J,K,L are up down left & right, N and M are rotations)
- F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)
- M+N resets the view. *Important*
- H and Y are the zoom controls
- H + Y together resets the zoom
- F9 locks your view
- Tweet from Jeb_ (As you know I always forget at least one thing when upload a release... The "camera controls" (F6 etc) are not supposed to be there =/) So..don't get your hopes up. Though these features are really nice for everyone..except the flying in survival mode.
- Toggle fly with F6. Survival mode.
- You receive a warning when changing render distance to far only if you're not running Java x64.
- Option to turn off clouds in the video menu.
Textures/Liquid Movement Mechanics
- Texture Tweeks
- Monster Spawners
- Iron Block
- Wood Planks
- New Water Physics for vertical movement.
- Water is back the way it was before pre4, plus: Whenever a water source is surrounded on all sides by blocks or water (not necessarily source blocks) and it has an air block or (non source) water block below, then that air/water block turns into a water source. From Darquan (I think it is intentional. It eliminates the underwater currents when you place and remove a block. The behaviour seems to be carefully chosen such that it cannot automatically flood entire caves, nor does it seem to break typical ways of using water for automatic harvesting.) Bug.
- Water can be placed in water again.
- "End Stone" (from The End) and "Mycelium" from the Mushroom biome!
- Lava can be made infinite by digging 1 square down, and making a "plus" sign - 5 squares total. Fill the outsides with lava.
- Thanks to Arbitror for the gif.
- Lighting is different. Colors are now better matched with the color of the light source.
- Longer reach for fighting mobs.
- Creative mode - logging back in will no longer make you 'fall' from falling.
- Player bow draw-back animation improved.
- Range of attack distance in creative has Reports of better FPS.
- Balancing of enchantments.
- New Achievements
- DIAMONDS! - Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.
- Enchanter - Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to cunstruct an enchantment table.
- Librarian - Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table.
- Overkill - Deal eight hearts of damage in a single hit.
- We Need to Go Deeper - Going through a portal to the Nether.
- Return to Sender - Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.
- Into Fire - Relieve a Blaze of its rod.
- Local Brewery - Brew a potion.
- The End? - Locate the End.
- The End. - Defeat the Ender Dragon.
- Villages now have small fenced off patches of dirt with either wheat or tall grass growing in them, connected to the houses.
- Light glitch on stairs fixed.
- Jumping makes you lose xp points. Bug for some?[/color]
Posts on part 4 start at #1484
Twitch released the change-log for part 4 here.
- Moon/Sun are round. Moon has phases. Direction of sunrise/set has changed.
- Glistering Melon added. Crafted with Melon and Gold Nugget. Non-edible.
- Cutting up melon gives you 1 melon slice. Bug.
- Glistering melon can be used for initiating brewing.
- Villages a lot more common? Need more info on this.
- Endermen seem to be stronger.
- Water freezes faster.
- The potion of swiftness now leaves a visible effect on the player.
- Signs can be rotated easier.
- You can attack/kill mobs through glass.
- Supports HD Texture packs. Press F3+T to reload the texture pack.
- Pig spawners are an obtainable block now. Just use the silk touch enchantment on any mob spawner and it gives you a pig one.
- Mobs CAN spawn on glass. Bug?
- You can place Water on Water like Stone on Stone now.
- You can't throw Water into Water any more.
- Walking through webs is faster. Unconfirmed.
- Strongholds contain more chests.
- Enderpearls can be found in stronghold chests.
- Toss "Ender Eye" into sky to find location of strongholds.
- New texture for the placeholders on the portal. No longer 'crystal'.
- "The End" is the new realm.
- Cannot leave. You will have to die
- Hard to leave "The End in creative mode.
- Dragons are not available yet. You can get them via hacking above.
- Ground breaks into cobblestone.
- From Jeb: The exit from "The End" is the end. Then you respawn.
- Obsidian pillars.
- Enderdragons skins exist.
- Experience orbs are black.
- Cannot build Netherportals in "The End".
- Use Eye of Ender on the 'portals' in the strongholds.
- Maps in the End are blank.
- Large floating island.
- Beds explode.
- Water is place-able.
- You'll have to generate a new stronghold with a pre4 map in order for the portal to work without hacking.
- All potions with gunpowder = Splash Potions. Throw-able. Works with all potions. Putting them in dispensers are fun.
Quote from Dima~Cheveyo_On_Post_1795 »
Potion of Regeneration
Potion of Strength
Potion of Swiftness
Potion of Fire Resistance
Potion of Poison
Potion of Weakness
Potion of Slowness
'Sharpness I' enchanted sword
'Bane of Arthropods' effect
- There is a chance you get multiple effects when you enchant items.
- Enchantment Table now has a tooltip name on creative mode.
- Enchanted levels are 1-7. Adding bookshelves gets you more and more 'higher' levels. So far the report is up to 1-50.
- Enchantments now have names.
- Bane of Arthropods I/II/III/IV/V - Adition damage to spiders. 0.75-1.5 hearts extra damage per level.
- Sharpness I/II/III/IV/V - Addition damage to mobs. 0.5-1 heart extra damage per level.
- Fire Aspect I/II - Lights mobs on fire.
- Smite I/II/III/IV/V - Extra damage to zombies, zombie pigmen and skeletons.
- Knockback I/II - Knocks mob and players backwards upon hit.
- Looting I/II/III - Mobs have a chance to drop more loot.
- Sword of Featherfall I/II/III/IV - Fall-down slowly, less fall damage. (Only applies to boots.)
- Aqua Affinity I - Eliminates the harvest penalty of mining blocks underwater. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Projectile Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection against projectile entities (e.g arrows)
- Respiration I/II/III - Underwater breathing time +15 seconds; time between suffocation damage +1 second. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Fire Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection to fire. (Lava?)
- Blast Protection I/II/III/IV - Protects from explosions. Creeps & TnT.
- Protection I/II/III/IV - Converts environmental damage to armor damage.
- Pickaxe of Efficiency I/II/III/IV/V - Dig faster. +10% mining speed to each lvl.
- Unbreaking I/II/III - Adds chance to ignore 'usage' of tools with each use.
- Sword of Looting I - Chance for more drops.
- Silk Touch I - Lets you mine blocks without breaking them. You can get glass blocks back. Efficient for glowstone mining.
- Pickaxe of Fortune I/II/III - Chance of multiplying the drop rate.[/color]
Enchanting techniques that have been found.
Most of my testing was done in creative with a diamond sword. I did some tests in survival and couldn't see anything that made me think it was much different to creative.
It's relatively easy to test. Go in creative make a floor of shelves and a roof of shelves only and test what enchant levels you can get. You still get 5 same as with just the table.
It seemed unlikely to me that adding shelves that did do something would suddenly make ones that did nothing do something. Unlikely but not impossible. Now my first thought was that possibly the algorithm to modify the enchantment level might be influenced by not only bookshelves but also by the shelves surrounding that bookshelf, but tests I made didn't seem to indicate that was so.
So far the only positions I've found that add to enchantment levels are
If there are any other positions of shelves that increase the enchantment level I've been unable to find them.
The shelves can be blocked by almost everything. I tested Ladders, torches, redstone torches, levers, buttons, trapdoors, wood & stone pressure plates, signs, redstone and repeaters and found they all block the shelves from increasing enchanting level. The only thing I found that did not block the shelves was pictures.
NB the 8 corner shelves are not blocked by the other shelves.
Lvl50 Enchantment - shadowskeeper21 post #1794
Lvl 50 Confirmation post #1718
Thanks aXu for the following information. Post #1739
For those who want to edit your items' enchants (with NBTEdit, for example), enchants are saved in following manner:
Data -> Player -> Inventory -> (your item here) -> tag -> ench -> (TagCompound) ->
id: Id of enchant (list of them at wiki)
lvl: Level of enchant (too big numbers won't crash MC, but it doesn't show them in roman numbers)
You can even enchant other items than those normally enchantable. For example, I tested it with wood planks It shows the glimmering animation in inventory, but not in your hand (dunno if this applies to only blocks or all items not enchantable).
[color="#000000"]Information released after Part 3[/color]
Enderdragons (Sounds really neat when you say it). Link to topic here.
Click here for full image.
Eye of Ender is the new stronghold locator where the portal to The Ender will *probably* be. Throw it up high in the air and it will fall about 5 blocks in a new direction. Go in the direction it lands. Do this too much and it may return to The Ender.
From the looks of the following image, you have to fill it with "Ender Eyes" in order for it to activate.
Posts about Part 3 start with post number #892 for those who want to read them.
- Baby Animals! Parents seem to 'follow' babies after birth. Do not drop loot for XP. Faster animation and they eventually grow up. Baby sheep can be sheared. Grow up time seems to be 1 day.
- Animals have a Cool down after breeding.
- You can saddle baby pigs and ride them
- Wheat bug is fixed.
- FPS is better? Unconfirmed.
- Number above XP bar. Level?
- Silverfish Spawners in dungeons.
- Snow fall breaks torches.
- Breaking book shelves give you 3 books.
- Mini mine spiders are 1x1 and not poisonous. Unconfirmed.
- Eye of Ender. Ender Pearl + Blaze Powder. Use unknown.
- Able to "eat" milk and water.
- Pie chart in the F3 screen is in! (And its a circle..in minecraft! wtf..) XD
- Navigate through some of the features by using the number keys, or 0 to go back.
- Crystal Block.
- Fishing Rods can be enchanted.
- Cauldron Icon.
- Color of the label of highlighted object is now purple. Inventory for example.
- Swords and bows have been weakened.
- Endermen do more damage. Unconfirmed.
- Notch's Take on the new baby animals: The idea with the baby animals is to alter the original models to make them act as new ones. This scales well. Say we want to do old animals or robot animals or whatever in the future. By having it be mutators to the original models, we can add a new animal by just adding a single new model instead of adding four (or whatever) new ones. And even better, to introduce a brand new variant of animals, we don't need to go through them all and add that variant. Source.
Credit goes to: Seriousity for finding most of these. <3
Offical Potion Topic
Amazing Potion Guide!
- Potion brewing stand. Step 1 is to fill them with water.
- Milk Removes all effects.
- Redstone increases the duration of a potion. Confirmed.
- Glowstone decreases the duration of a potion and increases effectiveness. Confirmed.
- Cauldrons will hold water for you. Water will "evaporate" over a period of time.
- Right click with glass bottles to draw water. It makes the water level go down lightly.
- Cauldrons can be moved with pistons without losing the water.
- They can be fill with water buckets only. Not lava.
- You can climb into them! Bathtubs and sinks are now possible.
- You can walk across them.
- Brewing stand is activated by putting nether wart in the upper slot. Possible use of other 'activation' items unknown.
- Positive Potions
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear (InstantHealth)
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear + Glowstone Dust (InstantHealth II)
- Potion of Healing: Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream (Fire Resistance 3:00)
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream + Redstone (Fire Resistance 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder (Strength 3:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Redstone (Strength 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Glowstone Dust (Strength II 1:30)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar (Speed 3:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Redstone (Speed 8:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Glowstone Dust (Speed II 1:30)
- Negative Potions
- Poison: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Spider Eye (Poison 0:45)
- Weakness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Fermented Eye (Weakness 1:30)
- Potion Of Slowness: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Fermented Eye (Slowness 1:30)
- Unknown Potions
- Mundande Potion: Water Bottle + Redstone
- Thick Potion: Water Bottle + Glowstone Dust
- Awkward Potion: Water Bottle + Nether Wart
- Animated Enchantment Table!
- Pages flip randomly.
- The words are suppose to be random and they are not suppose to make sense.
- Break with pickaxe in order for it to 'drop'. Or you will lose it...forever.
- Enchanting table is made like so:
Placing bookshelves near the enchantment tables.
[color="#000000"]Air Portals to "The Ender"[/color]
[color="#000000"]Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch.[/color] Source.
Quote from Mouzi
It's called an Air Portal in the code and you can fix it with Ender Eyes.
Doesn't seem to work as of now.
Also, disregard the obsidian, I tried flooding it with water.
Also, someone mentioned that the server now loads a third "level" so that would kind of confirm skylands. Though they have existed before and you can get to them by hacking but I don't know if Notch has changed the skylands for this update.
The sky dimension actually works like it used to work (it's been in the code for quiiite a while) but it gets overwritten by the real world terrain if you visit the real world first. The chunks are in the same folder so they get mixed up.
currently the skylands is just the normal world with different colored sky and clouds are way lower (underground with the normal terrain). The sun is always in the middle of the sky.
- Ender goo's texture is half a block or so above the physical block.
- Able to physically interact with stuff, it cant be walked through (the texture can be however), and can be stood upon for a platform.
- Is similar to a half step, except very very thin.
- Underside has a stone texture.
- Can be removed with water.
- Can be burned by lava.
- Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch. Source.
I say try adding this to the Air Portal and seeing what it does. ;P
New name until further notice/investigation: Ender Goo.
123 - Brewing Stand
124 - Cauldron
125 - Eye of Ender
116 - Enchantment Table
117 - Brewing Stand
118 - Cauldron
Screenies and Information released after 1.9 Part 2 and before Part 3.
[color="#000000"]Baby Animals! It's a baby moo moo! With a....big..head!XD A few pigs are in the background[/color]
[color="#000000"]Glossy Armor - notice the sword is purple.[/color]
[color="#000000"]A circle in minecraft! Madness![/color]
[color="#000000"]Enchantment Table Interface[/color]
[color="#000000"]The letters come from the Standard Galactic Alphabet.
Well played internets, you are good. (3)
These names will be random and confusing. (7)
Each spell costs experience levels. (15)[/color]
Quote from Viktn0r
The Standard Galactic Alphabet or SGA is used in the Commander Keen series of computer games. It was created by Tom Hall, who originally just wanted to make the writing on signs in the games look futuristic or alien. Then he realised that he could create a whole alternative alphabet and add cryptic messages throughout the games.
- Animal Breeding! Use wheat to breed. Hold wheat in your hand and they all 'should' follow you. Reports of this being a bit buggy. If you hit an animal in heat, it will stop being in heat.
- Snow Golems attack each other when you try to breed them. And User. Use wheat to make friendly towards you.
- Endermen now take FOUR standard (non-critical) hits with a diamond sword. Zombies & Zombie pigmen 3.
- Endermen now instantly teleport away from water. Agro seems to reset after this. They also dodge all arrows and do not die in the sunlight anymore. New sound effect likely to come in the official release of 1.9
- Zombie Pigmen now randomly drop rotten flesh or gold bits instead of everytime.
- Chickens avoid lava.
- Golden apples have a sparkly animation.
- Golden apple also grants you Regeneration buff for 30 seconds.
- Golden nuggets are officially called "Gold nuggets" now.
- New Items: glass bottles, several new music discs, blaze powder, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes and magma cream. *Items uses unknown - bottles obviously for 'potions' as mentioned on twitter and not implemented yet. Possibly with official release.
- Ender pearls teleports you with the cost of damage when thrown.
- Ender perls do not work in MP.
- Items can be repaired now, just as Notch specified - combine two damaged items to make one with more uses.
- Can't get glass panes back when you break them anymore .
- Pumpkins can be “crafted” into 4 Pumpkin Seeds.
- Milk acts as a "clear all" for effects.
- Wood fences now connect to walls. Fences now only take up the space they appear to, as well as attaching to any solid block adjacent to them. This makes walking through diagonal-oriented fences possible.
- Pressure plates on top of fence posts now make sound when you walk on them or next to them. Cannot place pressure plates on top of nether fence.
- Fences can be placed like normal blocks.
- Normal fences and nether fences don't connect.
Thanks Mouzi for the following information
And a list of descriptions and IDs for them. Excuse the code tag (I couldn't find a
EDIT: All possible potion potency levels seem to have I, II, III and IV but not anything over that. After that it will just say potion.potency.5 and 6 and so on.
ID Code name In-game name Description 1 moveSpeed Speed Movement speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 2 moveSlowdown Slowness Movement speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 3 digSpeed Haste Mining speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 4 digSlowDown Mining Fatigue Mining speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 5 damageBoost Strength Damage dealt increases, known levels: I, II and III 6 heal Instant Health Constantly heals you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will do instant damage when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 7 harm Instant Damage Constantly damages you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will heal instantly when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 8 jump Jump Boost Increases jump height, level I to around 1.75 blocks and level II to 2.5 blocks, known levels: I and II EDIT: Level III jumps to around 3.25 blocks and you will take a bit of fall damage and level IV to around 4 blocks. 9 confusion Nausea Screen goes wavy, makes walking difficult 10 regeneration Regeneration Regenerates health (faster) EDIT: Apparently an old effect too, this has been since 1.8 11 resistance Resistance Probably raises your armor class temporarily 12 fireResistance Fire Resistance No fire damage, you will still catch fire, you can also dive in lava (you can not drown in it either). 13 waterBreathing Water Breathing Infinite breath, bubbles still appear but will not decrease. 14 invisibility Invisibility Does not seem to do anything as of now, mobs still attack and no visual change. 15 blindness Blindness Similar to the bedrock fog, you only see black after a few blocks. 16 nightVision Night Vision Night becomes a lot brighter, does not seem to affect caves (unconfirmed). 17 hunger Hunger Old effect, known as food poisoning or disease. Decreases food bar faster. 18 weakness Weakness Opposite of strength? Damage dealt decreases. 19 poison Poison Old effect. Look up poison on minecraft wiki. Known levels: I and II
Quote from ihave13gp
- 1 blaze rod -> 2 blaze powder
- blaze powder + slimeball -> magma cream
- spider eye + brown mushroom + sugar -> fermented spider eye
Example of the new fences
Blue Spider effect and drop
Giving an animal wheat will generate love hearts above its head for a short period of time.
Bring two similar animals together after they've been given food, and a few seconds later a third animal will spawn (of the same type). There aren't any baby animals though, sadly.
- Slimes also drip through the block they are above.
- Hardcore Mode
- Fire from lava doesn't burn you for nearly as long.
- Auto-jumping has been placed back in.
- New ID's for Items and CDs at the bottom of this post.
- F5 is back! (Hit twice to see in first person).
- Tooltips have purple edges.
- Name tag "TESTIFICATE" over the villagers is gone.
- Villages seem bigger.
- XP Gain from jumping has been removed/fixed.
- F8 cinematic mode is back
- Right clicking while holding a weapon = blocking.
Quote from ihave13gp
I decompiled the minecraft.jar files to have a look at the modified health and damage of mobs:
Endermen take 20 hearts of damage and deal 3.5 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Spiders take 8 hearts of damage.
Zombies take 12 hearts of damage and deal 2 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Cave spiders take 6 hearts of damage.
TyrantWave found these prefixes in the jar:
Those are all classified as potion.prefix.
"potion.prefix.mundane", "potion.prefix.uninteresting", ....
This could mean these are specifically potion only, or it's more generic and could be related to enhancements to items as well. (As potion works for that too)
[color="#000000"]New ID's & Records - Part 2[/color]
117 - Potion
118 - Glass Bottle
119 - Spider Eye
120 - Fermented Spider Eye
121 - Blaze Powder
122 - Magma Cream
New Record/CD IDs
2002 - Blocks
2003 - Chirp
2004 - Far
2005 - Mall
2006 - Mellohi
2007 - Stal
2008 - Strad
2009 - Ward
2010 - 11
- Blocks under water/lava "drip" into cave/cavern below.
- Trees on higher altitudes have less leaves.
- Grass drops more seeds.
- Lava flows faster.
- Do not jump infinitely when holding down space bar.
- Dried up river-beds in plains biome.
- Animal do not breed.
- Pumpking seeds are back in the chests in the dungeons!
- Lots of reports of mega-oceans.
- Armor values are now determined differently.
- Roses are back.
- Saplings drop less.
- Mushroom biomes ARE islands.
- "Infected" cows via shrooms
- Shearing Mushroom Cows nets you around 2-5 (need verification on precise range) red mushrooms, and also gets you a normal cow.
- According to the picture, new grass?
Quote of OgreSean
Mushroom Island: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level near sea level.
Mushroom Island Shore: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Flat land. Land base far below sea level (same as ocean.
Thus, Mushroom Island biomes actually spawn in the middle of Mushroom Island Shore biomes. However, the land for Shore biomes is underwater, which makes them appear like Oceans.
The top block for these biomes is the "mycel" block I mentioned earlier (which is not town related after all, but does play some kind of melody). No monsters, animals, or squids spawn in these biomes EXCEPT for mushroom cows.
- "Snow" biomes more rare.
- Snowman! - Built by Two snow block then pumpkin PLACES not crafted. Not sure how to make a snowman without a pumpkin head. They fight other "bad" mobs. They drop snowballs.
- Snowmen work in the Nether. (Bug? Unconfirmed.)
- Snow now settles on ice.
Quote of OgreSean
Frozen Ocean: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level far below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Frozen River: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Flat land. Land base level somewhat below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Ice Plains: Same as Plains, except cold temperature.
Ice Mountains: Same as Extreme Hills, except cold temperature.
Have fun with the hilarity of the snowmen attacking other mobs!
Images for Part 1
- Lilly Pads - Picked up by "Punching". Place by putting next to another lilly or surface block. Lilly Pads turn grey when picked up - bug?
- Darker grass - new grass texture for swamps
- Darker water around the swamp area
- Village Monks - 1 Priest is dressed in white
- A few other skins reported - aprons and pink?
- Reported that the mobs folder have 6 different textures for the villagers. (Butcher, Farmer, Librarian, priest, smith & villager).
- Nether Brick
- Nether Fence
- Nether Stairs
- Nether Stronghold - Netherholds!
- Nether Slimes
- "Blaze" Mob
- Nether Dungeons (Same a netherholds?)
- Netherwart - nether plant (A nether mushroom? Need more clarification.)
- Ghasts shoot "bombs" now.
- New Sounds by pigmen and ghasts (unconfirmed)
- Pigman drops "Rotten Flesh" & "Gold Nugget" - 3x3 craft = Gold Ingot
- Ghasts drop "Ghast Tear" - Unknown use
- Blazes drop "Blaze Rod" - Unknown use.
[color="#000000"]New ID's - Part 1[/color]
Quote from OgreSean
After decompiling the 1.9 Pre-Release minecraft.jar, here is everything I've found so far:
ID 110 - "mycel" - Apparently related to Villages, and has appearance of either grass or snow. If we had updated sounds, it would apparently play some kind of town melody when the player is nearby or when it is stepped on.
ID 111 - Water Lily
ID 112 - Nether Brick
ID 113 - Nether Fence
ID 114 - Nether Brick Stairs
ID 115 - Nether Stalk (some kind of plant that grows over soulsand and appears in nether strongholds)
ID 369 - Blaze Rod
ID 370 - Ghast Tear
ID 371 - "Gold Nugget"
ID 372 - Nether Stalk Seeds
ID 10 - Frozen Ocean
ID 11 - Frozen River
ID 12 - Ice Plains
ID 13 - Ice Mountains
ID 14 - Mushroom Island
ID 15 - Mushroom Island Shore
Enderman had their spawning frequency cut in half.
ID 13 - Small Fireball
ID 61 - Lava Slime
ID 62 - Blaze
ID 96 - Mushroom Cow
ID 97 - Snow Man
ID 120 - Villager
[color="#000000"]Click the Plus if I helped you! ---->[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Feel free to PM me if I missed your report. Do not abuse this. I will not respond to requests for 'help' that pertain to 1.9 pre-releases.[/color]
Keep it classy.
- To post a comment, please login.