I'm having issues with my MC server, it's lagging and keeps crashing, I hope you can help me out of my misery!
Here are some infos on the server:
Vanilla Minecraft 1.15.2
running on V-Server with 4 Vcores and 8GB RAM
running on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
with no other significant servers/applications running
View Distance 12
Maximum of 4 players
World is around 1GB in size
No gigantic monster farms or similar
One time I accidentally run the '/bossbar' command without any parameters. That created a bar at the top, but also introduced lag. Since then, even after I removed the bossbar the server is still laggy. Ticks are taking way too long.
[10:14:40] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running ...ms or ... ticks behind
[10:18:48] [Server Watchdog/FATAL]: A single server tick took 60.00 seconds (should be max 0.05)
[10:18:48] [Server Watchdog/FATAL]: Considering it to be crashed, server will forcibly shutdown.
Here's my troubleshooting:
- Running a debug session
- Noticed in the log:
[17:59:45] [Server thread/WARN]: Something's taking too long! 'root.tick.levels.world minecraft:overworld.tick.entities.regular' took aprox 177.425314 ms
- Server is lagging no matter where you are
- No corrupted chunk or similar
- Server doesn't have enough power?
- I downloaded the map and ran it as a single player map on a powerful machine, still getting warnings about ticks taking too long
- Map to big?
- We did explore quite a bit and the map is 1GB in size, but the server is only handling the world where a player is present
- World file broken?
- I read that MCEdit or similar can fix corrupted chunks, but as said, the problem isn't specific to a chunk or location
Don't know where else to look, help would be much appreciated!