- Registered Member
Member for 11 years, 2 months, and 25 days
Last active Thu, Apr, 27 2017 00:46:37
- 0 Followers
- 564 Total Posts
- 22 Thanks
May 26, 2014Thanks jake!Posted in: Server Recruitment
May 25, 2014You can apply on here, or on our website, Just write down how you feel you're qualified, and if it's for builder, provide screenshots or video of your builds, if it's for admin, describe your skill sets.Posted in: Server Recruitment
May 25, 2014 Posted in: Server Recruitment
Jan 4, 2014DarkAngle posted a message on Kastia RPG - Unique - Recruiting Builders, Artists, Videographers, Beta TestersPosted in: Server RecruitmentHello!
Kastia, an upcoming Minecraft server, is preparing to enter a building phase, and is now recruiting skilled builders, graphics artists, and videographers!
Applications for closed beta are also open now, but closed beta itself will not be for another month or so.
Kastia is a unique RPG experience in MineCraft, with hundreds of hours of effort put into creating its one-of-a-kind features, and many more on the way. Inspired by the examples of DungeonRealms and Wynncraft, as well as many well-established MMOs such as Runescape and Maplestory, the team at Kastia hopes to bring you the ultimate RPG server. Everything on Kastia is coded from scratch - chat, combat, mob AIs, "permissions", spells, and much, much more! I can guarantee that the level of customization Kastia offers is amazing.
About the team
At the time of this post, the Kastia team consists of 3 members.
Ronbo is the lead developer and founder of the project. He has a strong computer science background, is extremely intelligent, and has extensive experience in managing startup companies.
Seren and Austin have worked as a team on multiple projects in the past. They have had positions of influence and power on a number of successful Minecraft servers, and are experienced in server hosting and management.
What features do we have completed?
- Custom item generation and statistics such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Luck, Critical Chance, and many more
- A balanced leveling system with a heavily tuned EXP curve and Stat Points gained on every level up
- Incredibly unique combat system, featuring a heavy reliance on a solid choice of weaponry, a comprehensive spell system including all weapons in the game (balanced by a cooldown system, not mana), and HP scaled to much higher values to create fights that aren’t just two seconds of throwing damage potions
- Custom mobs, including dangerous Outlaws, threatening Undead Warriors, and deadly Fire Demons, each with unique drops and EXP rewards
- Social party system featuring increased EXP rates for training in large parties, party chat, and many other features
- Highly unique class system which allows players to change to classes if they get bored (but with penalties), and flexibility in weapon choices through the use of passive effects to encourage but not force certain weapon types on classes
- Merchant system, with custom shops selling a variety of pre-defined items that still have semi-randomly generated stats based off of a set range
- Banking and currency functioning in a unique Gold / Banknote economy in which Gold may be exchanged for Banknotes to carry around larger sums of money at a time
- Region manager written from scratch allowing maximum control of auto-spawning monsters and safezones and dangerous regions
- Highly flexible coding allows new items, spells, and mobs to be added within minutes
- Interactive NPCs with custom dialogues and names as a base for our immersive questing system (work in progress)
What’s planned / coming soon?
- Improved mob AI and a larger variety of mob spells
- Adding many more pre-defined items, mobs, stores, and NPCs – it’s easy, but very tedious
- Extensive questing system involving both a central storyline as well as many sidequests, with rewards ranging from pure EXP to rare items
- Instanced dungeon raiding with a party or solo, allowing you to clear a dungeon whenever you want, even if someone else is in there already
- More spells! Only Bows and Daggers have completed spell sets right now. Spells for Swords, Maces, Axes, Staves, and Wands are coming soon!
Preview of Features
Ignore the Double Shot I on like all of the weapons, I haven't finished spells for staves and stuff yet. As you can see, the dagger had a different spell (Puncture)
Please fill in the following applications to the best of your ability. Lackluster applications (no past examples, missing information, etc.) demonstrate a lack of motivation. If you are applying for a builder, artist, videographer position, it is essential to have sufficient proof!
If you have other services which you believe would be helpful for the team (own a large Youtube channel, etc.), feel free to post about it.
NOTE: AS THESE ARE CONTRIBUTING POSITIONS, NOT STAFF POSITIONS, PLEASE TELL US YOUR REAL AGE! If you are an amazing builder, it doesn't really matter that you're 12 or something. On these applications, I ask for age just because it's good to know, not because I will judge you based on it.
For the Builder and Videographer applications, Time Zone will be an important factor. Since these positions (especially Builder) require extensive communication with the rest of the team, it will be necessary for you to at least be available sometime during 3 PM – 2 AM CST on weekends. This is less strict for Videographers, but in case you need footage of, say, a PvP battle on the server, it will be far more difficult if your time zone sharply contrasts with the rest of the team. For GFX Artists I don’t really care about where you are, because it will be far more of a “can you make this pls?” job than “we need to work together on this”. For Beta Testers, I ask for hours, because I need to know if you’ll play enough to actually test things, but Time Zone is not important for that position.
All Extra Info sections are optional.
BUILDER Name: Age: Hours Available + Time Zone: Past Builds (screenshots): Extra Info:
GFX Artists Application
GFX Name: Age: Preferred GFX Tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, SAI, etc.): Past Work: Extra Info:
VIDEO Name: Available Hours + Time Zone: Age: Preferred Video-making Tools: Past Work: Extra Info:
Beta Tester Application - IMPORTANT! Due to the server not being completely built yet, actual beta testing will not begin for a couple of weeks.
TESTER Name: Minecraft Name: Age: Past Experience as a Tester (not required): How much time can you spend on the server? Do you pledge to report any and all bugs you find immediately? Extra Info:
Regarding Monetary Compensation (i.e. payment)
As a startup server, we are not currently willing to invest too much in just the pre-release portions of the server, as there are much higher priorities such as paying for a dedi. However, what I can guarantee is this:
- If the server is successful (hopefully!) and we can maintain a steady income, video makers, graphics artists, and builders will be paid for their efforts - guaranteed - even if they decide to leave the team at some point
- You will be recognized for any and all of your work on the server
- Assuming a certain level of maturity and reliability, pre-release workers will likely be first to be considered for staff positions
P.S. If you are interested in reading more in-depth about the features we have, check out this thread, which is a development log for the server.
Dec 25, 2013DarkAngle posted a message on BoxHead Networks [SpaceBox - Survival IN SPACE!] [1.6.4] [NO-WHITELIST]Server has been updated to minecraft 1.7.4Posted in: PC Servers
Dec 15, 2013DarkAngle posted a message on The Dark Ruins - Massive Project - Entirely Custom Coded - Now Recruiting BuildersPosted in: Server Recruitment
You imgur album is not public, no one can view it.
Quote from RAID_ME_usmc
Time Zone:Eastern US
Skype: (you may PM me this if you do not wish it to be public)If I am accepted just PM me and I will give it to you.
Past builds (screenshots):Recently got a brand new computer so I do not have any screenshots, but just give me a chance and I will not disappoint you.
Feel free to take you time, we are really looking for amazing builders on this project.
Dec 11, 2013DarkAngle posted a message on The Dark Ruins - Massive Project - Entirely Custom Coded - Now Recruiting BuildersVouch, this is an amazing server, and I fully recommend it to all who are looking for an up and coming RPG!Posted in: Server Recruitment
Oct 12, 2013I very much have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy my time on the server for the remainder that I'm there. I hope that when you see this thread that you at least attempt to join, I feel it has a great community, that's mature, and nice to be around, most of them. It's impossible to escape all immaturity, but I still feel that they do a good job at keeping the staff in line, and making sure the players have a really good time.Posted in: PC Servers
Jun 18, 2013I would like to higher people who are not here to waste my time. I have been contacted by 5 people and out of them, only a cypher_rald has actually been a legitimate follow up on this. Everyone else has been wasting my time, and trying to trick me out of the money I offer. I understand that what I ask of developers are extreme, and that it will cost a lot. But so far, I've gotten nothing but spam from users who are trying to scam me.Posted in: Server Recruitment
Jun 17, 2013My last developer helped me bring my creative ideas into fruition, and has left me due to personal issues, I need a new one, and I would like for it to be a partnership between us for a few unique projects. I have all the server side stuff needed, and up to 12 gb of rab and 100gb of memory, but since my dev ran with the files, I need to start from scratch, I will explain my ideas anyone who is willing to do this, I am willing to do what ever it is neccesary to run the server, and when I realized my ideas needed custom plugins, I knew I needed a developer that was willing to work on this, and become co-owner. If a partnership does not work for you, I can make it a funded effort.Posted in: Server Recruitment
As for the builder I need, I would like screenshots of your previous work. It will be just you and me, and we would have access to any plugin needed. Voxel sniper, and world edit will most likely be used in the process of our building, and since I am starting from scratch, so is our map. I need you to be able to work on ideas for a custom spawn. This I would also like to be a partnership, If a partnership does not work out for you, I can make it a funded effort. If it needs to be funded, I will only accept the best possible results for my money. If you are a paid builder, and you don't work well with others, or you are a group, please inform me before hand.
Thank you for your time.
Jan 20, 2013DarkAngle posted a message on [1.6.4+] Adventure Lobbies | Play Adventure Maps With Friends for Free [FEATURED ON: The Shaft]Darkangl PvM_Beats gamerboy460Posted in: Maps Discussion
Jan 19, 2013DarkAngle posted a message on [1.6.4+] Adventure Lobbies | Play Adventure Maps With Friends for Free [FEATURED ON: The Shaft]Darkangl germanchocolate Hellcat97 gamerboy460 PvM_BeatsPosted in: Maps Discussion
- To post a comment, please login.
- To post a comment, please login.