Workday of Searge:
9.00 АМ - Compile and obfuscate minecraft (by boss's task)
9.30 AM - Decompile and deobfuscate minecraft
10.00 AM - Create mappings of minecraft
18.00 PM - Go to Home.
what they're smoking?
easier to just put the source code, what to do decompiling their own codes within their company.
first off writing, this out at like 3 am, but I will try to put this simply:
1. distributing Minecraft or the source code is illegal when not done through the proper official means. (Which is a bad idea, like leaving a welcome sign in front of your door, in a court of law things can be twisted weird ways if someone tries to use Minecraft's code for them self)
2. in cases such as mcp and with forge, the game files are retrieve while on the user's computer, the Minecraft client files from mojang, therefore it has not been distributed by them.
3. the Eula has specifically stated for a long time, that if you own the game, you can decompile and modify the game.
4. so the user, now having obtained this copy of minecraft's client through legal means can then decompile it.
5. Programs simply decompiled are a pain to read, barely any way to know what is what, this is where mcp and and similar comes into play making the lives of modders much easier by making things readable
once again I apologize if things are badly worded, time to head to sleep and wake up and go what was I thinking.