@Mecro, thank you for the thorough and considerate post, you mentioned some good bugs I forgot about :biggrin.gif:
You are right, I remember warewolves seem to be too good to listen to your orders, they might overload functions like horses do, checking the code quickly..... doesn't seem that obvious why they dont listen, will have to check out later, though I don't give 3rd party mobs that can't be fixed easily a high priority of any kind, too much to do.
Ogres are too tall and hide the healthbars I think, I tried to fix it a while ago, or it's just because they don't inherit RenderLiving at all (which would be weird), if the latter is the case I probably wont fix it.
All 3rd party mobs that decided to give EntityAnimals (passive things) the ability to attack, like boars, lions, currently don't allow targetting because thats how the game originally intended it, but now that there are so many people doing this.. screw it ill add some code.... just added a 'isNonDefaultAnimal' function, to make new animal mobs to always attack, might make birds suicide attack, owell, its either they all do it or they dont, i cant tell and i dont care enough to make a custom rule for every single new animal out there, this shall do!
Ghasts we're a *****, they used to attack and move a bit, but they we're never really effective, so freaking huge too, working with flying mobs is annoying XD, someday they may function better, wraiths and birds dont act perfect either, eventually a special flying pet function might have to be worked out.
Spider Jockey autotaming their rider or the ridden, excellent idea, I shall implement this, much easier then spamming the tame command and hoping for the best :biggrin.gif:
[quote=Mecro]I love this mod, I just can't stop playing it :3 I've made 3 seperate worlds just for it, one where I'm a rancher, one where I use my pets to just keep my company really, exploring caves and what not, and one where I sign on, put it on hard, all hardest setting, and I just fight lol. It's amazing, and I love it! :smile.gif:
Though, I have noticed some bugs, and have some things I think it would be nice for you to consider doing, don't worry about actually adding them though, I've never modded so I don't know how hard it would be to pull off.
and thats it for the bugs, as for suggestions.
- Kill counter is a cool idea, one of those things I will probably add once I have the other main features / fun programming challenges worked out, I'd love to have my pets upgrade and get better, as well as certain ones having inventories and grabbing abilities (like the pirates do now)
- Mining zombies might default off in the menu, but I still don't see them that often with a 200 max hostiles limit, you will however see them more if you stay in one area, I was just working on an underground house and a totall of 5 or 6 found me in an hour, with other mobs trailing behind them.... I do agree on having them make bigger tunnels, 2x1 tunnels are a little tight, and dont work for spiders, I will eventually make them mine 3x3 sized tunnels, will make exploring their tunnels much more fun too.
- Hmm, if pet and if sheared, log time, if pet sheared and time > loggedtime+3days, set sheep.sheared to false, shouldnt be too hard to implement, a good idea too :smile.gif:
- Next release puts the petHealFactor setting in the GUI, old MC1.2.6 version allowed changing of that too, a factor of 4 makes healing much easier since your pets have about 80 health to boot.
- Humans+ are supported already, mostly.... forgot to mention it :biggrin.gif:.... His pirates already work great with my development version too, they inspired me to add a new order to the rod "Attack Entity", which makes all nearby pets attack a target, neat seeing 20 boatted NPC pet pirates go after another pirate..... still a little buggy.
- His mod also inspired me to setup better interaction between new hostile mobs and your pets, pets wont target noble humans, but will attack the others, also if any hostile that a pet doesnt recognize as hostile will automatically fight back AND call for help from other pets if that unknown hostile attacks the pet.
Hoping to have a decent release out for the weekend.
Edit: wow that was a big post, I love coffee.
Edit2: @JZ15, Nope havent released any new stuff yet since the test release, this weekend most likely, depends on level of distractions.
- Curse Premium
Member for 10 years and 1 day
Last active Tue, May, 14 2019 14:39:50
- 30 Followers
- 526 Total Posts
- 325 Thanks
Jan 28, 2011 Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 28, 2011Thought up a temporary solution to the horribly bad player stuck on load issue, added the solution under the download link in main post. Test versions are fun eh?!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 28, 2011Catching up on some posts still, but heres some info.....Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- Yeah my bad I disabled fall damage entirely and forgot to re-enable it :biggrin.gif:
- Current posted version has issues with boats, as in crashes, fixed in my development version
- Been working a lot with okushamas pirates as well, 303 has made them more compatible with pets too..... Pirate pets will follow you around in boats fine, they dont steal your boat and collect items for you, and you can use their inventory, they're basically boat using pack mules with weapons :biggrin.gif::D
- ScottyDoesKnow's Guns and all are compatible with pet mod / NM mode now!!! I implemented his ig.class changes into mine so if you install my mods AFTER his it will work.... Also I had to change my item IDs, so the next update will mess with your Domination rod items, they will either dissapear or turn into ammunition(because SDK gun uses the id), id 2501/02 -> 22501/02
- Will also include a modded SDKGuardians file for SDK's sentry guns, to prevent them from attacking pets, mounting a sentry gun on a moving pet is fun stuff :biggrin.gif:
- Numpad 5 command forcePetStayNear=false has never quite worked right, entities dont follow you properly after they kill stuff if its set to false, just set it to true again to force pets to come back, setting it to false is handy when your pets are trying to attack a pet but wont because theyre just out of their allowed guard range. I use it on and off frequently to make them behave better.
- Oh yeah, there is a BIG BUG regarding quitting the game, then saving and reloading, you get stuck, the game thinks you're mounted onto something but it doesnt exist, this is fixed in development version I will be releasing soon, to avoid this bug, exit the game entirely before reloading a new save, sorry guys, took me FOREVER to realize why this bug was happening.
Jan 24, 2011Posted in: TutorialsQuote from Quxudia »I have SDK's total package "guns+utility" working with the following mods not listed on the OP:
Mipmapping patch, Sanguine Hd texture pack, toomanyitems (in game invedit for original mc blocks), GUI API,
Pet+NM mode - (this one works but there seems to be a recipe conflict, Enhanced domination rod is crafted from sulfur + iron ingot instead of ammo for automatic+pistol rounds.. I'm not sure why though, I don't think that's and Intended recipe for the item. the correct recipe fr the rod also works).
Current patch is 1.2_02.
Hmm, I've talked to ScottyDoesKnow, I'll be adjusting my item ids to a much higher value so that becomes compatible. However both our mods use ig.class, and when applying my mod after his, in theory the game will potentially crash whenever something of his attacks something else due to his needing functions he has in ig.class, as well as some grappling hook features lost..... I will be looking into this and either make pet mod simply work with SDK mods right off the bat (requiring pet mod to be applied after his mods), or provide an alternate ig.class that incorporates both our work, I'll be making this somewhat of a high priority, I really want these mods to work together, I need more firepower to mow down the 100's of mobs that chase me in NM Mode!!
Jan 23, 2011Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from fightertju »Quote from Zhuria »- Support for mo creatures much nicer, minus horses
What does this mean? Is it not compatible with horses?
no i think it means you still have to normally tame them to ride on one of
them and that you can't you your sceptre to let you ride on them
Correct, DrZhark overrides basicly all the entity movement code once a horse is tamed the DrZhark way, I might eventually work out a solution if I get around to it, not really a big issue.
For anyone having black screen issues make sure you install lahwran settings/GUI API: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=97332&p=1456935#SettingsAPI - If that doesn't help, learn how to run minecraft from the command line, and copy the crash that is printed in the console window when it black screens.
@fightertju: select order with prev/next order keys, then right click on a mob from any distance to give the selected order to that pet, you should see an "ordered to ..." thing show up if you aimed right, if still issues let me know...
@Adynster: There will be, in the meantime just dont craft the domination rod if you dont want pets, as for nm mode..... i guess just disable as much as you can, some stuff is still enabled though, workin on that :biggrin.gif:
@SeaDrake: Hmm, will check it out, should be easy to fix.
@bobandjoe95: lol, how the hell did you manage that, it shouldn't be possible to make yourself mount another entity unless you somehow targeted yourself with the domination rod with the mount/stack entity command.... Maybe I left some old code in somewhere.... Right now the only way to get yourself ontop of a stack of entities is to put a pig at the top with a saddle, or the horses from mo creatures, I will make a way for you to mount on and off of anything easier in the future.
Edit: @GBxPhysco: awesome video :biggrin.gif::D:D
Jan 23, 2011Updated main post with test release version, works pretty good, so very tired, goodnight, will check back regarding bugs etc tomorrow.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 22, 2011Release coming tonight! Only a month late! Polish and settings/GUI API implementation in progress, in the meantime, enjoy this video with horrible music.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 19, 2010Posted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from Mrtumnus135 »
Maybe have an option to just have it break things like wood, dirt, etc. I don't know, I just don't like the idea of a god damn zombie with a diamond pick. Too many things could go wrong, Like: Griefing in single player with it not being yourself.
Hahah yeah, it's terrifying when they get near my storage chests, they even destroy their own mob spawners sometimes, they can technically destroy the bottom layer of the world too. I think I'll have to implement a little list of blocks that they can't destroy.
Dec 19, 2010The current version of my nightmare mode mod has the option to make zombies dig through things, but it doesn't work all that well, I will be releasing a revamped version of pet mod / nightmare mode within the next couple days, currently its sports these new features for mining/digging zombies:Posted in: Mods Discussion
- New zombie that holds a diamond pickaxe and will dig to get to its target, no line of sight required
- If player is higher than the zombie, the zombie will dig out a stairs pattern to slowly get to you, resulting in holes in the ground suddenly popping open with monsters bursting out of it
- They try to dig downwards if you are below them (still working out the bugs on this one)
- Multiple digging zombies work together faster if they're digging in the same area
- Respects the hardness of blocks, so obsidian really helps prevent them from getting through, but not totally :biggrin.gif:
- You can hear them digging, when you hear lots of mining noises getting closer, GET OUT OF THE MINES!!!
- particle effects can be seen when they're only 1 or 2 blocks away from you on the other side of the wall
Dec 18, 2010the ids for the rods: non enhanced is 2501, enhanced verison is 2502Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 17, 2010Been really busy working on the revamped Nightmare mode and pet mod/all entity navigation improvements, things are going really well, I'm hoping to have a new update out by the end of the weekend which will have:Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- Entity movement without redundant pathfinding, also causes them to be fearless, jumping off cliffs / into lava etc
- Guard Entity order, Attack Entity order, maybe a multi waypoint patrol order if I feel like adding it in
- Limitless Entity Stacking(a little buggy), hope to get entity stacking saved on game exit too to preserve your creeper towers
- Mining Zombies! still a work in progress, but currently they will mine towards you creating pathways for other mobs in the area, if you are above them, they dig out a stairs pattern to get higher up, tunneling from caves all the way to surface, if you are below them they will dig strait down to you (still working on that)..... only sky castles are the solution, one day I will figure out a way to make them gain height in open areas (makes stairs to pathfind up to you, or they stack on eachother to get to you)
- Creepers will automatically explode if they can't get to you
- Unlimited awareness range, no more potential for game slowdown if awareness ranges set too big
- All mobs instantly aquire a target regardless of range/vision, mining zombies help them get to you.
- Climbing spiders, will gain vertical height when pressing against a wall.
- Other stuff! I should really update the original post to be more clear with the newer stuff heh...
I've also skimmed through the posts for suggestions, and have added these to my todo:
- Ability to mass remove/relocate pets easily (I've polluted a couple of my worlds with too many pets too)
- Healthbars that factor in the entities height, and orient to ent-player position instead of ent look angle (to fix ogres, etc)
- Ability to name pets, through an order that lets you set a name using the sign edit interface, or a collar item or something.
- a block that converts mobs to pets, love the idea, have wanted to somehow automate pet taming for a while, not too sure how I will balence it with the rest of the mod, also never done block stuff before, this one might not be added for a while.
I've also found out the game stops spawning mobs in the world if 100 already exist (20 for animals), and have been working on a way to allow more, if any of you modders out there have been able to recompile bg.class aka SpawnerAnimals WITHOUT it breaking the games spawning, I would love to have a copy of the java file.
I added a video preview of mining zombies to original post.
Dec 12, 2010Posted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from Garrett3322 »I need to delete every entity to make my save compatible with non-modded jars.
Have you tried actually opening your save? The game is designed to ignore all unknown entitytypes when reloading the game....
Dec 9, 2010Corosus posted a message on Mo' Creatures - v12.0.0 for Minecraft 1.12.1!! Now Opensource!!Ogres are crazy! It would be great if we could use a config to disable certain mobs, Ogres with Nightmare mode is insanely destructive on the planet D:Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 8, 2010Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from FungusTrooper »No update on the ol' zombe mods? :sad.gif:!
Yeaahhhhhhh not just yet, got sick for a couple days, then decided to redo how entities navigate the world, in order to have nightmare mode handle the amount of hostiles I want, I needed to remove the requirement to get a navgation array for every little move a hostile does, everything is running sooo much smoother with a simple "move to target" method, this gives me the ability to have a hostile awareness range as far as the game has loaded the world, got have a good amount more tweaking and code redesigning to do. I Just setup the AI ent to be a proper state machine.
Also for next update, NM Mode option for Creepers auto exploding if 1. they are after you, and 2. their movement is less than 0.1 blocks per second. Also digging mode updated a little bit.
And in addition to bug fixing like fixing pet healing for the bajilionth time, hope to have pets guarding other pets etc.
I've come to realize that Nightmare modes current settings might actually cause no mobs because of mob spawners deep below building up monsters, resulting in normal creations of monsters on the surface and in caves to stop entirely because of a non obvious limit somewhere, once I successfully find and increase that limit the problem will no longer exist, until then try out these settings, should make nightmare mode more terrifying :biggrin.gif:
Dec 5, 2010Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Ventus »Sorry if I didn't post it yesterday, had to go to sleep.
Minecraft has crashed!
Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.
If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected].
Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.
--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 --------
Generated 12/4/10 7:24 AM
Minecraft: Minecraft Alpha v1.2.6
OS: Windows Vista (x86) version 6.0
Java: 1.6.0_22, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
OpenGL: GeForce 9800M GT/PCI/SSE2 version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT ea2dbcf ----------
I'm fairly certain that error is happening because you did not install Risugami/303's modloader. Check out my instructions if this is the case.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jun 26, 2012Corosus posted a message on Minecraft API Discussion - Sat, 20:00 CEST, #minecraftdev on EsperHi, I'd like to put in my request for voice as well, I'm interested in joining the discussion regarding the approach of the types of hooks and interfaces to be implemented, as well as discussions on any type of distribution and displaying of the mods for the game using the coming API.Posted in: News
Background: I've been modding the game for nearly 2 years now, made an array of mods that change the game drastically such as ZombieCraft, Weather / Tornadoes, helped with Tropicraft, always looking for the best ways to hook into the game without base class edits or methods that make mods incompatible with eachother.
Also a long term op in #risucraft and help maintain MCPs naming for client and server, especially with the new AI system. I'll probably do more listening than talking.
Edit: IRC nickname and registered username is Corosus
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.