Quote from ELLIOTWES
sad ,so very sad now you will be forced to pay rather than have a choice is this what mojang wants!!!!!!
I think that personally, if you want to keep a server running, instead of charging admission fees, which no one would want, they could, I dunno, get a job or something and I know if I see servers that don't make you pay for ANYTHING but cosmetics, I want that server to stay running, so I will donate to it without expecting a perk of any kind. Although you do have a point. Mojang has made one step towards only buying Minecraft ONCE, and we are going to see a LOT of changes based off of it.
Quote from Mark_Beaster
1. Nobody will donate for a server. I don't know how Wikipedia is maintained, but servers are much less popular. They will close.
2. If you want 'equality' servers, find one! Other people like to be OP and unequality. The world isn't all equal!
3. Server quitting will lead to plaeyr quitting. Imagine if that happened to Mineplex!
4. Cosmetic kits? What is that?! Kits are when you get needed items. Not coloured names!
1. I will donate to a server if that can help them keep running. Of course servers will close, but those will be servers that have owners who see MInecraft as a way to mooch more money off players in the offtime. Those devoted to making a server fun should not charge money to do it.
2. "equality servers" don't exist. I have checked every server list available. If it is public, it offers donator perks.
3. If players quit because they can't bribe servers to let them win, then why the heck do real minecrafters care! Good riddance to bad users and more bandwidth for us!
4. Cosmetic kits are, as you said, things like colored names and titles that have no effect on the gameplay. If a kit gives you needed items, you can still get it with in-game currency. EULA hasn't and won't ban that.And thank you very much for emphasizing this point, legopatch. I don't think I could have said it better.