Quote from WhodenSo, now that MCPatcher has been updated to 1.7.2, when can we expect an update to this?
1. It is against the rules to make "I can haz update?" posts in these mod threads.
2. MCPatcher isn't required for this mod, and in no way would have inhibited/restricted the release of updates. If you meant ModLoader, you should be aware that it isn't needed for SSP, and simply enabled parts of the mod on SMP servers. I'm guessing you really meant MCP though...
3. There is a "Check for update" button in the minimap GUI. Pretty sure it will still work once Rei updates
Quote from WhodenIt's not so much that ReiFNSK has abandoned the English forums as they were waiting for the Mod Coder pack to be updated. It's not like the Japanese thread has a 1.7.2 version while this one doesn't.
Fixed that for you...
As for "abandonment"...
ReiFNSK has 106 active posts, with this thread the only one listed. The last 2 posts were:
- 20 November 2012 ([1.4.5] Rei's Minimap v3.2_05)
- 08 July 2013 (SMP fixes of [1.6.1/1.6.2] ModLoader)
To put that into perspective- The mod author has only posted once, and updated the OP a few times since you joined in Jan 2013.
It's not like the Japanese thread has a 1.7.2 version while this one doesn't.
So what you are saying, is that if the mod creator hasn't updated his mod in his currently active native-language forum, we should expect to see it here first?