You spawn literally in a beautifully rendered village in a valley. Very much the feeling of a LOTR or Shannara hamlet.
Quote from shizzle5
Hey There Buddy,
I don't know if you are still in search of a server, but if you are I think you might find just what you are looking for in our little community. I run a Survival Bukkit server called Minecraft Xtreme. We started up 2 years ago as of the beginning of this month, and have been running strong ever since.
Here is how we meet your requirements:
1.) We have a variety of different ages on our server, and I won't lie, not all of them are particularly mature but I think that is to be expected unless we wanted to really only target a certain age group. We do have our fill of older mature players. I myself am 20 years old, and our main staff team are all very mature, some of which are adults (in their 30s). We also have mature players that are very friendly.
2.) While you won't see new players joining our server every day, we do get our share of new blood coming into the community. We have a voting system and several postings, so we can bump our server up on lists, and word of mouth seems to work well.
3.) Our total player base is probably about 100 or so, but we really never get more than 10-15 people on at once, and our active player base is probably around 30 maybe 40.
4.) We only do map resets when a major Minecraft update happens (i.e. something that would be added to the map that we couldn't get without a reset etc). As of right now, we are on our 5th map in 2 years, so we don't change that often, and right now we are only added different areas to the map instead of changing it so our current map will stay for a long time.
5.) We have a good amount of plugins, BUT none of which really change YOUR game experience. Most of them are admin tools, such as world edit/guard, group manager etc. We have economy plugin, but it is completely up to you if you want to even use it. So as far as YOUR gameplay goes, it can be as vanilla as you like.
6.) This server is currently hosted on one of my other computers, and is 24/7. Of course we do have crashes, but not too often and those are usually fixed quite shortly afterward. The advantage to having it hosted like this, is I have complete 100% over it, so it can be edited and changed however/whenever we like, which makes more a better experience in my opinion.
7.) We have a total of about 6-8 total staff and you will always find one on at some point in the day, some are more active than others, and some live in Australia so they have a different time schedule, but still on during some US hours. Our forum also is available and questions usually get answered there within a day. If you decide to join our community, you can also feel free to add me on skype once you get settled in, and I can always answer any questions you have.
I also really like what you have built! It is very good. I love to have on our server, it isn't every day we find someone with that kind of building talent!
I hope you decide to take a look and like what you find!
Quote from Vimmers_EoE
Hi BuddyMcFriend! I'm from a server called 'Edge Of Eternity' and I think our server meets your criteria pretty well. Okay, in response o your description:
1. EoE has been online for over 2 years, and until very recently had a strict 18+ rule yet the server remains very much a 'mature' server. We definitely fit the bill, our average age is probably 22-25.
2 & 3. We have quite a steady stream of new players, but also a lot of players who simply don't leave, we have two admin, two reps and a couple of mods who actively recruit for the server. Our average players online is between 6-15.
4. We only reset our map with a big MC update. Since I joined in April 2012, we've reset the map twice. We do however allow players to bring over one or more of their builds to the new map using WorldEdit.
5. We are mostly vanilla and all of our plug-ins are easily avoidable. We use: Lockette, TreeAssist, Towny, Chestshop & iconomy including the most comprehensive anti-griefing measures available and a zero tolerance policy.
6. We have a very reliable host that is located in Germany.
7. I can 100% say that the staff on our server really enjoy helping players out and there is almost always at least one staff member online, failing that the fellow players are also very open to helping other players out, one of the many reasons I've stayed on EoE for so long.
I'd also like to mention that we have a creative world, we are non-PVP, we have a creative contest world which holds regular contests & if you'd like to see more or apply to be whitelisted you can do so at www.eoemc.com/mainhome
Any questions feel free to msg me on here, hope to see you at EoE soon!
P.S nice builds