SERVER IP: ddtsmc.com
Teamspeak IP: ddtsmc.teamspeak3.com:8438
(Original thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/objective-servers/765523-dont-drop-the-soap-prison-server-1-5-155-slots-no)
We are currently open and busy adding additional features!
Don't Drop the Soap! is a classic, no-nonsense, non-OP, prison server in which you start at bottom doing hard labor jobs while trying to stay alive. Make money and purchase your way up the ranks! Join a gang, make friends and enemies, and fight your way to the top. With enough money, you may buy yourself out of prison, into freedom. More on these ranks and what jobs you can do to earn the ranks will be specified later on in this post.
The server is online 24/7 ran on a dedicated server. We have 75 slots at the moment with little to no lag.
We are currently in the process of reintroducing past and new features into the server, so look out for those in the coming weeks!
This is the starting block; all new players arrive here. This is where your journey begins. Here, the most brutal PvP area and hardest working jobs make life grim.
A small step up from Block 3. The decreased PvP and higher paying jobs make the prison seem a bit better, but don't forget to watch your back.
The second highest block, this area has well-paying jobs, and a reliable source of ready food. The clean space and nice architecture is much needed upgrade compared to the previous blocks..
The most elite block prior to being free. This block has jobs that can't be beat and has no PvP areas at all. Choose from a variety of jobs including the snow mine and the cow farm for a steady income of money.
You have finally bought your way out of prison to freedom! You are free to roam the world outside. You can build whatever you want, wherever you want! Hide your base well because griefing and raiding is not prohibited. You may come back to Soapville at any time to sell or buy any goods you have or may need. Keep in mind you must still abide by prison rules while visiting fellow convicts in the prison.
The highest achievable rank on the server comes with great responsibility. The Warden maintains all activity going on in the server and prison. Only earned through trust and loyalty. The Warden regulates events, moderates the chat, and keeps the server at its best.
It's not easy running a server like DDTS. Server costs are high, and we depend on supporters like you to keep the server running. You can visit our server shop at: shop.ddtsmc.com
Failure to comply with these rules will result in a mute, kick, or even ban.
- No use of any type of modded clients (there is a list of approved mods).
These are the role-playing rules of the server. If you do not comply with these rules, you will not be banned, but instead placed in "solitary confinement"
- No PvP abusing.
Guards are entrusted with the task to keep the prison safe and be friendly to all prisoners. There are different guards, each with different levels of responsibility.
- Fill out the application found below and post it on the thread. Do not leave anything out.
Flint and steel
Any harming potion
Any tool that was used to harm other players
- If you see a prisoner with contraband, ask for it and countdown from 5 to 1. If the prisoner does not give the correct item then jail them, regardless of complaint.
- If you see a prisoner PVP someone and then run into a safe-zone, warn them in this format: "pvp warn " If they repeat the violation, and you remember the PvP warn from earlier, jail them. PvP warns will only reset after jails.
- If you see a prisoner running back and forth from a non-pvp zone to a pvp zone for the sole purpose of safezoning for pvp jail them immediately, no questions asked.
- Any use of a harmful throwing potion is an instant jail. If there is only one prisoner in the area with access to harming potion, that prisoner is to be jailed.
- If a prisoner is found on a walkway/platform that is not normally accessible by normal players then the prisoner must be asked to get down and you will countdown for the prisoner to get down from the area. If the prisoner does not comply, he or she must be jailed.
- All of these rules are subject to change, be sure to stay updated.
In order to be promoted from Tr. Guard to Guard, you must have been employed for at least 2 weeks, and pass a personal exit exam concerning the prison rules with a Warden or Alpha Guard.
Alpha Guards will be hand-picked by the wardens, at the wardens' discretion.
In game name:
What is your timezone?
What times can you guard?
Do you have experience with prison-themed servers?:
Do you have any experience guarding?:
What makes you the best selection for guard?:
Have you read ALL the rules, guard and prisoner?:
What is your current rank? Do you understand that we will need screenshot proof of it if you decide to resign?:
- Welcome ALL new player.
- Have general knowledge of commands.
- Be a part of the community for at least 3 weeks.
- Know how to moderate a server properly.
- Must be rank Free.
- Must be proficient with English.
- Must have a working microphone and Skype or Teamspeak installed.
- Fill out an application if you think you have what it takes.
What to mute for:
What to ban for:
What is your timezone?:
How long have you been playing on the server (and did you play on the original server?)
Have you ever been banned from the server?
If so, why?
What makes you the best choice for moderator?
Are you known by any other usernames? If so which ones?