- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 10 months, and 4 days
Last active Thu, Aug, 16 2012 00:54:19
- 0 Followers
- 179 Total Posts
- 39 Thanks
May 11, 2012I can only think of one good reason that would justify a smaller map size...Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Hunger Games style anyone?
Its a small contained area, you can still explore and survive, but it's only a matter of time before you run into another player...
Apr 15, 2012I'm having problems with this mod and Forge.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
If I only install Modloader MP, PlayerAPI, and Smart Moving on my server, it will all work fine. However, if I install Modloader MP, Forge, PlayerAPI, and Smart Moving, then Smart Moving doesn't work (according to FAQ #4 - if crawling is glitching, then the server doesn't have it installed correctly). I have tried this with both client and server running multiple mods, and only the mods listed, but the results are the same.
How can I fix this?
Apr 14, 2012After playing SMP it's pretty hard to go back to SSP. Not having the fun of playing with friends or other people really sucks out the draw from SSP. The are only 4 real reasons why I think SSP might be fun.Posted in: Discussion
1) You can do whatever you want. No rules, no constraints.
2) Nobody will impede you, destroy your work, or take your stuff.
3) Can't find a decent server/ Laggy internet/ No friends to play with.
I think the most important aspect is this though...
4) So many of the fun mods are SSP only, and some require MC versions that no servers run.
Feb 23, 2012Personally I wouldn't watch them without commentaries. The first reason for that is because I watch commentators that amuse me, and without any commentary I might as well just go play the game myself. Another reason is that videogames are largely reaction based, and if I can't tell how they are reacting to a situation, then I won't understand why they are doing something.Posted in: Discussion
I think that the only videos that I can watch without commentaries are short snippets of things, such as Battlefield 3 snippets where they do something awesome.
Feb 10, 2012Posted in: DiscussionQuote from Inky_Musty
If you can't figure that out then maybe you arn't cut out to start a server... Maybe start off with something more akin to your mental capabilities for example a dirt house (I advise playing on peaceful and keeping backups of your save file)
OT: Check other servers and see what they have. Don't exactly copy theirs (that's unoriginal ), but look at what they have, and then note what you like, what you don't like, and what you would change or add. Then implement this in your server.
Feb 10, 2012Barozine posted a message on Is there a way to convert a Creative mode world to a Survival world?I think MCEdit can if you want. I'm pretty sure that's a bit more work than TMI or SPC though :laugh.gif:Posted in: Survival Mode
Feb 8, 2012Interesting.Posted in: Suggestions
However, now that food stacks I don't really see it as necessary. If you can get your hands on some melons, they become ridiculously easy to farm. You will have so many that hunger never really becomes an issue. I think that just carrying around a 64 stack of melons negates the need for an "anti-hunger potion"
Feb 8, 20121. Play with friends. Infinitely more fun than playing alone. Even if you can't host a server, find one that both you and your friend(s) enjoy.Posted in: Discussion
2. Play challenge maps. I've personally been loving Skyblock and Skylands as of late. Parkour maps and puzzle maps are also fun to try.
3. Instead of going for cool creations, try building a map that you want others to play. It's fun trying to craft your own story into a Minecraft map.
4. There are so many mods out there that the possibilities are endless. I know that you said that you don't want to lose the snapshot, but if you just backup the .jar files, then you can switch them out all the time. This lets you have fun with mods, but also keep your snapshot. Some good choices might be Millenaire, Mo'Creatures, and the Technic pack are some good and popular choices.
There is plenty of fun to be had in Minecraft. Sometimes you just have to leave your comfort zone :smile.gif:
Feb 8, 2012Posted in: DiscussionQuote from Beechlgz
"I concur" means you're in agreement.
Right from when I started playing minecraft I found the map a useful item but I never made any screenshots.
Whoops! Caught red handed. This is what happens when you don't sleep for 24hrs. Accept this as my former apology, Beechlgz. :laugh.gif:
Feb 8, 2012I don't understand why they wouldn't add this. They technically have the right to use it (since it's their game and all mods can technically be underneath their ownership). Even if they didn't want to "steal" his DrZhark's work, they could give him some money and give him credit. They get a better game, Zhark gets money and recognition, and we all get to play with more diverse and fun mobs! EVERYONE WINS!Posted in: Suggestions
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.