Minecraft is one of those games that has a very diverse playerbase. Just because the majority of it's playerbase is younger doesn't mean it's specifically for them. People from all age groups can enjoy it.
- Registered Member
Member for 11 years, 3 months, and 27 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 5 2018 20:51:37
- 2 Followers
- 3,131 Total Posts
- 629 Thanks
Sep 24, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I guess you didn't notice the date: 11/02/11. That was way back from the beta days on Minecraft. Good luck getting that to work on the official release.
Sep 19, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Yeah, it's a bit sad saying goodbye to TC5, but with each rewrite of Thaumcraft it's generally better then the previous version.
Sep 16, 2016Posted in: WIP Mods
Currently, no. However Emoniph has said he'd like to make an API for Witchery at some point. But Emoniph has been MIA for a while now so the future of his mods is currently uncertain.
Sep 13, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I personally don't see this being a good idea. Giving literally anyone the ability to create new lore or change existing lore would just make a huge mess. Especially seeing as how a lot of Thaumcraft's lore is open to speculation. There's been a lot of theory-crafting here over the years because of that. It would be better if someone just made an open source addon instead. That way you know all the content is non-cannon right from the start.
Sep 11, 2016Posted in: WIP Mods
Except that Intangible is in the exact same boat as Witchery is. It's been a very long time since we've heard Emoniph say anything about Intangible. Emoniph has simply vanished from the forums without a word.
Sep 4, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
not actually liking the idea of losing the essentia distilling.
How about essentia mixing?
Use the base aspect crystals to smelt into basic aspect slurry(essentia), and use the slurry to create other aspect essentia? (just to resemble alchemy more).
And you are only able to smelt the crystals for their essentia.
Just a small idea.
I really enjoy TC even since it came out and can't wait to see what you'll do next.
There's still the problem of making the essentia too easy to obtain that way. Instead of farming many various items you probably wouldn't use much all you'd have to do is farm only a handful of items. Rare essentia such as vitium couldn't exist in a system like this. There wouldn't be a reason to farm the taint for vitium when you could simply make it yourself. If this issue was somehow solved then I wouldn't have a problem with that kind of system. One thing I like about Thaumcraft is that it gives a lot of items you usually wouldn't use much a use because of their various types of essentia.
Sep 2, 2016Posted in: WIP Mods
It seems like every time someone posts on the Witchery or Intangible thread it's usually someone complaining about the lack of updates. I'm half tempted to just unsubscribe these threads...
Trust me, I'd like an update to these mods as much as anyone else, but you guys need to remember that Emoniph is a real person with a life outside of his Minecraft mods. Sometimes life gets in the way and you don't have the time or ability to do what you want.
Now I'm feeling like a broken record. I'm pretty sure I've said something similar to this several times already.
Sep 1, 2016Posted in: WIP Mods
I call bullcrap. Now I don't know what parallel universe you're from, but over here Thaumcraft didn't update to 1.8 in a week. According to the wiki, 1.8 was released on September 2nd, 2014. Looking at Thaumcraft's downloads on curse TC5 (the first version for 1.8) was released on October 30, 2015.
Also, updating a small mod (at least it sounds that way when you worded it as "tried modding") isn't the same amount of work that updating a much larger mod is. It's might not be difficult, but fixing 20 blocks and items isn't the same amount of work as fixing hundreds of blocks and items. Not to mention all the various new mechanics as well.
Aug 26, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I doubt it. It's not like working on Thaumcraft is a job or something that he's being forced to do. It's just a hobby and something he does with his spare time. If it's causing him stress then he'd have no reason to continue working on it.
- To post a comment, please login.
Aug 29, 2014Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Storage Drawers Mod
Also check out my aesthetic mod, Garden Stuff!
Put your most frequently used items within convenient reach. Storage Drawers borrows ideas from Jabba and Bibliocraft, resulting in a highly functional, compact, and aesthetic storage solution that is meant to complement rather than replace those mods.
There is no traditional slotted inventory with these containers. Interaction is click-based similar to Jabba. Clicking on one of drawers on front will interact with that drawer.
- Right-Click: Insert full stack in hand into drawer (or partial stack if the drawer fills).
- Double-Right-Click: Insert all compatible stacks in inventory into drawer (or until drawer fills).
- Left-Click: Remove a single item from the drawer.
- Shift+Left-Click: Remove a full stack from the drawer.
- Shift+Right-Click with empty hand: Open a UI to see exact item counts and manage applied upgrades. If the drawer is taped, removes tape instead.
The shift-click behavior is reversed from Jabba. This is based on the theory that you normally interact with stacks in Jabba, but will want to normally interact with single items in Storage Drawers. The controls can be reversed in the mod config to match Jabba.
Style, Choices, Upgrades
The wooden drawers are the main storage block in Storage Drawers, and they come in a variety of configurations and styles. You can pick from any of the Vanilla plank colors when crafting to get a matching block.
Drawers come in five configurations, trading capacity and compactness at different points:
- Half-size 2x2: Stores 4 stacks per drawer.
- Half-size 1x2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 2x2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1x2: Stores 16 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1x1: Stores 32 stacks per drawer.
Capacity can be further boosted with storage upgrades. Upgrades do not need to be applied in sequence, so you can pick the size you need from the start. Capacity upgrades can be mixed and stacked, if you have sufficient upgrade slots available on your drawer. The effective capacity becomes the sum of the upgrade multipliers.
If you need an estimate of how full your drawers are, indicator upgrades are available to put a fill bar on your drawers.
- Level 1: The indicator bar will light up when the drawer is full.
- Level 2: The indicator bar will fill proportional to how full the drawer is.
Drawers can also be locked or unlocked with the drawer key. When a drawer is locked, it will maintain its current item association even if the last item is removed. This will prevent pipes and other transport systems from re-filling that drawer with other items.
A concealment key will let you hide the item label on drawers, saving render performance. Using a concealment key on a controller will cause it to show or hide labels on all drawers managed by the controller.
Compacting Drawers and the Drawer Controller
Compacting drawers are a special stone-colored drawer that auto-convert compressible items. Instead of manually crafting and uncrafting between gold blocks, ingots, and nuggets, put them in a compacting drawer. The drawer will internally maintain a pool of the material, and let you insert or remove the material in any of the shown forms.
The compacting behavior applies to any item with a compressed recipe, including redstone, glowstone, wheat, and many others.
Drawer Controllers are the second special block in the mod. They will search for any connected drawer within 12 blocks, and then expose all of those drawers as a large combined inventory. This lets you hook up a single pipe, tube, duct, spark, storage bus, etc. and interact with the entire bank of drawers.
The second function of the controller is as a deposit-only interactive block. By right-clicking on the front face with an item, the item will be deposited into the connected network. By double-right clicking, it will attempt to dump your entire inventory. Items will only be dumped if they already exist in the network, allowing you to clear out a bunch of mob drops or farmed crops without literally dumping your entire inventory.
Controller Slaves act as an extension of a drawer controller, exposing more faces for attaching machines, pipes, or crafting frames. Controllers will bind to a slave when they find them on the network, and all slaves bound to the same controller will share the same inventory and range as that controller. Unlike drawers, slaves cannot be shared, and you should be careful to not put them in range of multiple controllers. Using controller slaves is better for performance than using multiple controllers.
Trim blocks are decorative wood paneled blocks similar to wooden drawers, but they can also be used to connect drawer blocks within a controller network.
While some players choose to use Storage Drawers as a replacement for other storage mods, it works best with others.
- If aesthetics are important, the drawers complement many of the Bibliocraft blocks.
- Drawers are compatible with Jabba's dolly, letting you move around filled blocks without needing to empty their contents and break them.
- Special compatibility is added for Thaumcraft, displaying an aspect label for the difficult-to-distinguish essentia-based items.
- All drawer blocks are compatible with Applied Energistics 2 storage buses, and this is the preferred way for seeing the exact contents of a drawer. A special consideration for compacting drawers: the full amount of blocks, ingots, and nuggets will be listed by the system, even though those amounts cannot exist simultaneously.
- WAILA will list the inventories of drawers, including their exact counts.
- A MineTweaker API is available for controlling the ore dictionary conversion whitelist and blacklist.
Every block and item can be individually disabled in the mod's configuration file. If you ever run into trouble with a specific block, like the controller, disabling the block will let Forge remove it from your world without needing to disable the entire mod and lose all your stored items.
Many individual features and aspects of the mod can also be changed in the configuration, including base storage sizes and recipe outputs.
The full configuration is available through Forge's mod config screens, accessible from the title screen.
This mod adds new storage solutions to your workshops that resembles a mix of Jabba Barrels and Bibliocraft Item Shelves over traditional storage containers. It's not a replacement for either though, so you should check those mods out too.
The Chameleon library, listed below, is a required dependency for Storage Drawers in Minecraft 1.8+.
1.9.4 - 1.10.2
Addon wood packs (in similar flavor to the "Bibliowoods" packs of Bibliocraft fame) have been put together for Storage Drawers. Click any of the icons to be taken to their respective project page.
Half Drawers 1x2
Half Drawers 2x2
Storage Upgrades (II - VI)
Status Indicator Upgrades (I - III)
License and Mod Packs
This mod is released under the MIT license. You may include this mod in any mod pack for any reason. No permission is necessary, but I do enjoy knowing when pack authors are using the mod.
1.9.6 - Apr-02-16:
- Added redstone upgrades.
- Taking items from drawers will try to put them directly in your inventory first, then drop them in front of drawer.
- Obsidian storage upgrade gives drawers higher blast resistance.
1.9.5 - Mar-29-16:
- Fixed framing table drawer dupe / material over-consumption
- Fixed framed drawers not stacking if crafted from different material "stack sizes"
- Fixed tape not rendering on framed drawers
- Fixed CoFH-locked drawers crashing clients
- Fixed edge cases where pack blocks could return a null icon
1.9.4 - Mar-01-16:
- Fixed voiding regression for AE2, LP
- Updated zh_CN translation (thanks XieEDeHeiShou)
1.9.3 - Feb-27-16:
- Fixed crash when removing a drawer from a controller network while other systems are using it.
- Fixed framing table allowing players to dupe raw drawers.
- Fixed framing table refusing to craft in some cases.
- Fixed status upgrade crashing client when placed on framed drawers.
- Performance improvement in controller interactions with some mods.
- Minor rendering adjustments.
1.9.2 - Feb-20-16:
- Fix permanent render crash when framing drawers with blocks that don't return valid icons.
1.9.1 - Feb-19-16:
- Fixed custom drawers dropping as regular drawers.
- Fixed various rendering problems with custom drawers.
1.9.0 - Feb-19-16:
- Added Framed Drawers
- Added Framing Table
- Added ja_JP translation (thanks vorfee)
1.8.0 - Feb-11-16:
- Added 'Personal Key' for owner-private access control.
- Added CoFH variant of Personal Key using CoFH's friend trust list. Depends on Thermal Foundation.
1.7.9 - Feb-08-16:
- Fix crash when right-clicking controller with empty hand.
1.7.8 - Feb-06-16:
- Controller allows ore dictionary-compatible items to coexist in a bank of drawers. Items will prefer drawers with an exact match over drawers that would cause a conversion. AE2 integration supports this, but other integrations like Logistics Pipes and Automagy will need to update.
- WAILA stack limit reads infinity when creative upgrades are in place.
- Possible fix for unusual NEI render crash.
- Fixed Thermal Expansion integration failing if Forestry or Misc packs are installed but Refined Relocation is not. (update in respective packs).
- updated zh_TW translation (thanks NatsuArash).
1.7.7 - Jan-21-16:
- Fix crash if Thermal Expansion integration fails.
1.7.6 - Jan-16-16:
- Added ability to change drawer style in-place by shift+right-clicking with trim block of desired style.
- Added ability to hide upgrade borders by shift+right-clicking with trim block of same style.
- Added capacity string to WAILA tooltip.
- Changed default WAILA item counts to 'JABBA' style (affects new mod installations only).
- Fixed thermal expansion integration returning wrong planks/objects for some drawers in the sawmill.
- Fixed drawers spilling billions of objects if broken with creative vending upgrade (thanks Nentify).
- Added German translation (thanks wlhlm).
1.7.5 - Dec-10-15:
- Added integration with Thermal Expansion sawmill and pulverizer.
- Updated API for wood packs.
- Fixed crash on creative inventory when Refined Relocation is present but disabled.
1.7.4 - Dec-08-15:
- Removed limit on conversion factors for compacting tier MT API.
- Added API to expose drawer slot priority.
- Fixed AE2 integration to respect drawer priorities like normal inventories do.
- Fixed blocks being deleted when applying a Refined Relocation sorting upgrade to a sorting drawer.
- Updated zh_CN translation (thanks 3TUSK).
- Updated zh_TW translation (thanks NatsuArashi).
1.7.0 - Nov-27-15:
- Added Creative Storage Upgrade (~infinite storage; no in-game recipe provided).
- Added Creative Vending Upgrade (infinite withdrawal; no in-game recipe provided).
- Added Buildcraft wrench support to rotate drawers, or drop sealed drawers instantly.
- Added config entry to change range of drawer controller.
- Improved accuracy of lighting in fast label renderer.
- Fixed grass blocks and leaves displaying incorrect colors in fast label renderer.
- Fixed Mariculture tanks distorting world rendering when displayed in a drawer label.
- Fixed display of drawers in item frames.
- Fixed inconsistent insert/withdraw hit areas on drawer slots.
1.6.3 - Nov-22-15:
- Added config option to change item amounts in WAILA to stack + remainder format.
- Added 'sorting trim' for Refined Relocation (contributed by Blay09)
- Fixed logistics pipes inserting items into empty locked drawers (contributed by 1n5aN1aC, who also improved compatibility in the logistics pipes project).
- Fixed rendering of Gregtech items
1.6.2 - Sep-23-15:
- Added config option to disable oak fallback recipes.
- Added guarding to the label rendering to prevent crashing with some mod blocks/items.
- Fixed fallback recipes creating the wrong drawer type.
- Fixed fallback recipes sometimes taking higher precedence than wood-specific recipes.
1.6.1 - Sep-12-15:
- Fix status upgrades for "pack" versions of drawers.
1.6.0 - Sep-06-15:
- New 'packing tape' item to tape drawers shut.
- Taped drawers will keep contents/upgrades when broken for easier relocation.
1.5.15 - Aug-20-15:
- Fixed compacting drawer descending lookups failing in some circumstances.
1.5.14 - Aug-15-15:
- Fixed block label rendering for some users (it would appear to 'sink' into the drawer).
- Fixed illegible numbers in drawer GUI when using the unicode font.
- Fixed incorrect recipe for refined relocation version of compacting drawers.
1.5.13 - Aug-14-15:
- Fixed some compacting drawer tiers not working if an associated ore dictionary entry was blocked.
- Compacting drawers will prefer same-mod materials when looking for more-compact versions.
- Added several common metals to conversion whitelist (nugget, ingot, block, ore).
- If Extra Utilities is present, compressed sand will be preferred over sandstone in compacting drawers.
1.5.12 - Jul-12-15:
- Fixed item equivalency bug in compacting drawers for some item configurations.
- Added several nuggets to the ore dictionary whitelist to counteract TCon oreberries disabling those keys.
- More recipes use the ore dictionary. Thanks ganymedes01.
1.5.11 - Jul-09-15:
- Fixed thaumcraft aspect labels flickering since last update.
1.5.10 - Jul-03-15:
- Fixed dupe bug with Steve's Factory Manager.
- Adjusted label rendering with a polygon offset. May eliminate flicker for some users.
1.5.9 - Jun-26-15:
- Fixed regression with Super Crafting Frame, possibly ExU and a bunch of other transport mods.
1.5.8 - Jun-24-15:
- Added package-info to the API directories.
- Allow more drawer types in special drawer recipes; better support for addon pack drawers in recipes.
- Fixed more item voiding when pulling items with Extra Utilities transfer nodes.
- Fixed regression in ore dictionary matching, causing more items to unify than should be allowed.
- Ore dictionary matching made even more strict. Any key used 2 or more times by a single mod is no longer allowed for matching.
1.5.7 - Jun-21-15:
- Changed controller routing priority to void -> locked -> normal -> empty.
- Changed controller to respect routing when manually inserting items.
- Changed compacting drawers to prefer materials from the same mod during descending lookups*.
- Fixed startup crash when launching with some versions of Java 1.8. Thanks MineMaarten.
- Fixed rendering regression where drawer faces would appear black with smooth lighting disabled.
- Add new Magic Crops ore dictionary classifications to the conversion blacklist.
Updated zh_CN translation. Thanks autopsychorhythmia.
1.5.6 - Jun-13-15:
- Added more pack API to support Ancient Trees mod.
- Fixed Extra Utilities transfer nodes voiding items if there was a stack or less remaining.
- Fixed partial material loss when filling near-full compacting drawers through AE2 terminal.
- Fixed void upgrade not affecting manual input.
- Removed unused "native" inventory slots (performance).
- Recipes now use "stickWood" in place of sticks.
1.5.5 - Jun-08-15:
- Added pack API for third party mods to directly provide new wood or texture variants of drawers.
- Fixed crash when trim blocks are enabled and 1x1 drawers are disabled.
- Fixed Refined Relocation compacting drawers recipe.
- Changed full drawer blocks to block light.
- Changed drawers, compacting drawers, and controllers to support custom inventory names.
- Updated fr_FR translation. Thanks AegisLesha.
1.5.4 - Jun-02-15:
- Add config options to control NEI and Creative Tabs use in wood addon packs.
1.5.3 - May-31-15:
- Added fractional drawer API to support Automagy integration.
- Fixed locking behavior again (this time for controllers, which was the whole point really).
- Fixed render glitch with half drawers; no more lines splitting the top or back.
1.5.2 - May-29-15:
- Add Lockable API
- Using drawer key on a controller will lock or unlock all attached drawers
- Fixed locked empty drawers to not accept items through sided inventory.
1.5.1 - May-25-15:
- Added 'Concealment Key' to hide item labels on drawers (GPU performance). Use on a controller to affect all attached blocks.
- Added config option to disable the drawer UI.
- Fixed lighting render glitch on item labels when certain items are present in drawers.
1.5.0 - May-22-15:
- Added inventory UI to see exact item counts and manage upgrades on drawers. Open be shift+right-clicking with an empty hand.
- Fixed drawers loading with 0 capacity if config base stack sizes exceed 127.
- Fixed tile entity mapping collisions.
1.4.7 - May-17-15:
- Internal changes to support wood style packs.
- Fixed Thaumcraft aspect icon render for labeled jars and jar labels. Thanks codewarrior0.
- Log any errors during Tile Entity save operations.
1.4.6 - May-12-15:
- Added MineTweaker API to add or replace compacting drawer conversions.
- Changed controller search to find all connected drawers within a 25x25 cube centered over controller.
- Changed controller to prefer populating empty drawers closest to controller first.
1.4.5 - May-09-15:
- Fixed major item dupe bug with Steve's Workshop.
- Fixed item insertion bug with Steve's Workshop.
- Inserting items through pipes/sided inventory will now trigger item conversion until there is less than 1 stack of capacity left in the drawer (quirk shared by JABBA).
1.4.4 - May-07-15:
- Added fallback recipes for wood trim blocks using plankWood.
- Changed sided inventory restrictions to allow all block faces to be interacted with.
- Fixed void upgrade not dropping when a void drawer is broken.
- Fixed fallback recipes for half drawers to use slabWood instead of plankWood.
- Nerfed recipe output for trim blocks (recipe was originally more expensive) and added config option for it.
1.4.3 - May-06-15:
- Prevent silent exception and log spam from controller when certain mods are present (optifine?)
1.4.2 - May-05-15:
- Fix AE2 not recognizing void upgrades through controllers.
1.4.1 - May-05-15:
- Fix drawers dropping a duplicate drawer key when broken in the locked state.
- Fix AE2 not recognizing void status of drawers.
- Updated zh_CN translation. Thanks autopsychorhythmia.
- Updated ru_RU translation. Thanks Adaptivity.
1.4.0 - Apr-30-15:
- Added Refined Relocation support. Sorting drawers and compacting drawers. Min version required is 1.08b.
- Added 'Trim' block for decoration and as a connector in drawer networks.
- Added 'Controller Slave' block to expose more faces as an extension of the drawer controller.
- Added void upgrade. Any items inserted through the sided inventory will be voided if the drawer is full.
- Added player interact protection event to left-click (in non-creative mode).
- Changed lock upgrades to a reusable drawer key.
- Changed drawer network to prefer filling existing slots with space instead of populating empty slots. Depending in refresh timing, it's still possible for empty slots to get picked.
- Changed invertShift setting to be client-side instead of server-side.
- Updated renderer to improve and brighten drawer labels.
- Locked or voided drawers will display a small indicator on their front trim.
- Disabled label rendering for back-facing labels (potential performance savings).
- Third party plankWood that is correctly registered in the ore dictionary can be used to craft drawers.
- Fixed player inventory not properly updating when dumping inventory into drawers.
- Updated fr_FR language file. Thanks Mazdallier.
1.3.8 - Apr-14-15:
- Added MineTweaker integration to control the ore dictionary blacklist for drawer conversions.
- Fix NPE in solid-side lookup when invalid coordinates are passed in (or TileEntity is missing). Thanks gchpaco.
- Fix stack overflow in drawer controller network lookup AGAIN. The failsafe should be ironclad this time. Thanks gchpaco.
1.3.7 - Apr-09-15:
- Fix drawers not handling unregistered items gracefully.
- Fix controller crashing if update message is somehow corrupted.
- Fix controller to initialize its drawer network immediately after placement.
- Fix controller sometimes not finding all drawers within 12 block range.
- Updated zh_CN translation. Thanks autopsychorhythmia.
- Updated fr_FR translation. Thanks Mazdallier.
1.3.6 - Apr-01-15:
- Fix possible stack overflow crash when connecting drawer controller to mod pipes/blocks (observed with Thermal Dynamics).
1.3.5 - Mar-25-15:
- Fix crash when placing empty thaumcraft phial/jar into a drawer with thaumcraft integration enabled.
- Make pipes connect more reliably to the drawer controller?
1.3.4 - Mar-22-15:
- Fix item dupe glitch between compacting drawers and Logistics Pipes (LP support pending on their side).
1.3.3 - Mar-21-15:
- Added Thaumcraft integration (aspect labels and tooltips)
- API updates
1.3.2 - Mar-19-15:
- Fix drawers to (once again) not block chests placed below them.
- Fix server crash when using Mekanism transport pipes with drawer controller.
- Fix items being voided in some transit systems when the target block is broken or cut off while the items are in transit, and the transit system is connected to a drawer controller.
- Fix stack overflow crash when placing two drawer controllers next to each other.
- Fix most pipe systems not connected to a drawer controller on world load.
- Fix labels to render larger on 1x1 drawers in fancy mode.
1.3.1 - Mar-12-15:
- Fix single drawer block recipes.
- Double base storage for all blocks (puts storage capacity in line with a vanilla chest).
1.3.0 - Mar-07-15:
- Added drawer controller block.
- Added 1x1 size wood drawers.
- Removed L3 status upgrade, and changed L2 to behave like the old L3.
- All drawers now support all status upgrades.
- Status upgrade visuals changed.
1.2.4 - Feb-27-15:
- Added 'Invert Shift' option (contrib by tterrag1098). Causes click behavior to match JABBA.
- Added 'Debug Logging' option. Mainly to help diagnose a reported issue.
- Fixed rare crash in 'fancy' mode renderer when interacting with some modded blocks.
1.2.3 - Feb-20-15:
- Fixed top/bottom/sides of large drawer blocks not being considered solid (for placing torches, flower pots, etc.)
1.2.2 - Feb-03-15:
- FIX: Ore dictionary matching is tighter and ignores wildcard entries.
- FIX: Compacting drawers update their front texture immediately when first setting an item.
1.2.1 - Jan-29-15:
- FIX: Drawers no longer lose their contents when pipes try to insert an item into a full drawer and another empty drawer is available.
- FIX: Drawers no longer void items when pipes try to insert an item into an empty slot that previously held the same item.
- FIX: Compacting Drawers no longer void incompatible items when pipes try to insert them and not all slots are in use.
- FIX: Unconfirmed. May prevent packet leaking, but I have never observed the problem.
- LANG: Added Polish (pl_PL) translation. Thanks nabijaczleweli.
- LANG: Updated Russian (ru_RU) translation. Thanks grimuars.
1.2.0 - Nov-29-14:
- NEW: Drawer inventories now support automatic item extraction (hoppers, pipes, etc).
- NEW: Applied Energistics 2 support (via storage bus).
- NEW: Lock upgrade for drawers.
- NEW: API to interact with drawers (still being finalized -- talk to me if you're interested in using it).
- NEW: Config entries to control item input/output and third party mod integration.
- CHANGE: Network traffic is improved. This is an ongoing area of improvement.
- CHANGE: 'Fast' rendering now renders blocks with full lighting detail.
- CHANGE: 'Fast' rendering is now the default rendering mode (existing mod users not affected).
- FIX: Double-click item entry now works when time is frozen.
- FIX: Cobblestone, stone, and sandstone added to ore dictionary blacklist.
- FIX: Adding AE2 quartz or fluix blocks to a compacting drawer
- FIX: ExU compressed dirt and cobblestone don't get replaced with higher-tier versions when reloading world.
- FIX: Status indicators no longer render on wrong slot.
- LANG: Added French (fr_FR) translation. Thanks Maxdallier.
- LANG: Updated Chinese Simplified (zh_CN) translation. Thanks ViKaleidoscope.
1.1.7 - Oct-23-14:
- Fixed regression in 'fast' label rendering.
- Fixed storage upgrades of same tier being applied multiple times.
- Fixed rendering of fences and other connected block types.
- Fixed inventories not accepting items with low stack limit through pipes.
- Fixed compacting drawers not accepting secondary or tertiary items in some cases through pipes.
- Fixed indicator upgrades not being dropped when breaking drawers.
- Removed 'level' info from the WAILA tooltip.
- Updated Korean (ko_KR) translation. Contrib. by puyo061.
1.1.6 - Oct-18-14:
- Fixed crash when drawers interact with Botania hopperhocks (but the hopperhocks still won't work).
- Fixed 3D item blocks and labels being flipped the wrong way in the east/west directions.
- Fixed bad rendering interaction between 'fast' item labels and Bibliocraft/other mod TESRs.
- Lighting is more uniform for 'fast' item labels.
- Updated Russian translation. Contrib. by merkaba5.
- Updated Korean translation. Contrib. by Puyo061.
1.1.5 - Sep-28-14:
- Fixed crash when adding some ore dictionary items to compacting drawers. Contrib. by benstreb.
- Updated translation Spanish (ES_AR). Contrib. by Ines.
1.1.4 - Sep-21-14:
- Added ore dictionary blacklist for overly broad or "list" entries.
- Fixed seam rendering issues on blocks.
- Fixed excessively dark AO shading on blocks.
1.1.3 - Sep-20-14:
- Fixed recipe regression from 1.1.2
- Updated translation Chinese Simplified (zh_CN). Contrib. by ViKaleidoscope.
- Updated translation Korean (ko_KR). Contrib. by puyo061.
1.1.2 - Sep-20-14:
- Added configuration for drawer recipe output size.
- Added configuration to hide extra vanilla wood varieties on creative tab / NEI.
- Added melon conversion to compacting drawers.
- Added input support to all sides of drawers except front.
- Added ore dictionary support to drawers and compacting drawers. Items will be converted automatically.
- Fixed crash that could occur when using JABBA dollies^.
- Fixed crash when using compacting drawers with certain mods present.
- Fixed reversed slot rendering in 'fast' label rendering mode.
- Fixed items sometimes not being added to compacting drawers when put in top slot.
- Fixed recipes being added when respective blocks or features were disabled.
- Fixed item input no longer working on back side of drawers.
- Updated translation Korean (ko_KR). Contrib. by Puyo061.
- Updated translation Russian (ru_RU). Contrib. by merkaba5.
1.1.1 - Sep-15-14:
- Fixes slots being reversed on east/west sides.
- Fixes WAILA compatibility with new comp blocks.
- Adds brick, glowstone, clay, snowball, and quartz overrides to comp blocks.
- Updated translation Chinese Simplified (zh_CN).
1.1.0 - Sep-13-14:
- Adds configuration file and GUI. Modify most stats, disable blocks, and a few global settings.
- Adds alternate "fast" rendering mode of item labels. Change in config.
- Adds a new "Compacting Drawer" block for ores and other compressible items.
- Adds status indicator upgrades in 3 levels. The 3rd level only has an effect on compacting drawers.
- Changes storage upgrade recipes to use an upgrade template item.
- Changes storage upgrade multipliers to track the Fibonacci series.
- New translation: Simplified Chinese (zh_CN). Contrib. by D-dur.
1.0.5 - Sep-07-14:
- Fix crash with automated transport of some mod items into drawers.
1.0.4 - Sep-06-14:
- Added double-right-click to add all compatible items from inventory.
1.0.3 - Sep-05-14:
- Fixed item duplication bug when using Ender IO pipes (and maybe other mods).
- Fixed item transfer bug when using BuildCraft pipes (and maybe other mods).
- Fixed buttons, fences, and other partial blocks not appearing on front of drawers.
- Added Spanish (es_AR) translation (contrib. by ines-aguirre)
- Added Hebrew (he_IL) translation (contrib. by Michagogo)
- Added Korean (ko_KR) translation (contrib. by TeamMMKP)
1.0.2 - Sep-01-14:
- Added WAILA integration (contrib. by dmillerw)
- Added Russian translation (contrib. by merkaba5)
- Fixed drawers of any color dropping as oak.
1.0.1 - Aug-30-14:
- Fix server crash related to pathfinding and render ID.
- Fix crash with some mods that override stackLimit functionality.
- Fix item rendering on drawers when Fast Graphics are enabled (thanks dmillerw).
1.0.0 - Aug-29-14:
- Initial release.
Oct 17, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Progress update -
Good news: Been doing a lot of modding lately
Bad news: Most of it was related to Baubles
I felt the need to switch Baubles to the new forge capabilities system and then Vazkii gently suggested / bullied me into adding more slots, then bugs needed fixing, then etc, etc. To make a long story short the past couple of weeks have been mostly Baubles focused, though I have made some progress in TC. I'm mostly done reworking arcane crafting and have begun changing the research system to also use forge capabilities.
Arcane crafting needed reworking because of the switch to the single vis type system. Arcane crafting recipes will now require various types and amounts of primal vis crystals to be placed in the 6 slots around the crafting grid. Furthermore I've removed the wand slot as the table will draw the vis it requires directly from the aura. This places a hard limit on what you can craft since if the current aura chunk does not have enough vis then you won't be able to craft the item - there will be upgrades to the table that will allow it to draw from more chunks (and thus give you a bigger pool of vis to work with), but I am still deciding what form the upgrades will take. Some form of multiblock structure maybe? Suggestions are welcome.
EDIT: (Random musing) What if golems were wisps?
Please leave the golems how you have them in the 1,8,9 version...they are super awesome and unique. Golem helpers are exactly what a Thaumatugist would create in an arcane lab...wisps are for druids...mechanical/magical hybrids are for Thaumcraft.
For the crafting....multiblock structures are awesome...we need more. With that in mind...please do what you can to reduce wandering around and having to build things in different chunks. This all sound good on paper, but on a server with lots of players it becomes a drag. Just give us ways to boost the aura in a chunk by building bigger more complex muliblocks that have the potential to do bad unstable things.
What I always love is a mod that starts simple and then progressively gets more complex with its structures. An advanced Thaumcraft lab should look very different then a beginners lab. Pipes, altars, crystals, and golems running (or hovering) everywhere.
Oct 17, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Re: Arcane crafting and aura limits: Just go ChromatiCraft route and build a channeling network to power your crafting table.
Oh, and golems… sad panda. I like golems.
Wisps may be an entirely different branch of research, closely related to nodes and aura and stuff.
Oct 16, 2016Zsashas posted a message on Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
love how Baubles is just a GUI, API and Ring.
it could just be in the Code of other mods to make it pointless to download separately.
but then again, you can't do that for everything...
you can't throw Forge into every Mod so that you don't need to Install it separately because of the File size,
but baubles is Small...
Then you'd have a bunch of mods all having different versions of Baubles, like when mods include the RF API, which some still do.
Oct 14, 2016exelsisxax posted a message on Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sailing94 I'm obviously going to have to explain myself further. I am using the non beta version of Baubles. According to the post by Vazkii, the Beta version of. Baubles is the problematic one and she recommends using the 1.94-1.10.2 version, which is what I am using. Which means that Botánia should be fine with that version of Baubles, however, it is not. Botánia and that version of Baubles, DO NOT get along.
I hope this clears things up for your brilliant mind
I'm going to make this real simple for you.
GO UPDATE BOTANIA.
GO UPDATE BAUBLES.
That is all.
Oct 8, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
There's a different between elementals being fueled by their element, and physical beings being strengthened by physical attacks. You don't usually get stronger by getting shot.
Oct 2, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I have a smeltery all the way in the spawn chunks. Cobblestone generator and netherwart farm produce lava as fuel for the smeltery. All essentia goes through an underground tunnel to my base, about 1000 blocks away, with a large chain of essentia buffers. It is all chunkloaded with hopper-chunkloaders.
I recently made a 'flux free' essentia voiding setup, however for each module I need 2 bellows to overcome the suction of a regular jar. Now have that times 35 different aspect types, it does put some stress on sound events. Luckely I think the bellows don't have to be working 24/7, and I read just a few moments ago they can be disabled with redstone, and that seems to actualy freeze the buffer and muffle it.
Still, that does not entirely fix my issue but it's allot better.
I have a system that achieves a similar outcome (save for the fancy tunnels and chunk loading and spawn chunks stuff, bravo, I'm too lazy for that) without the bellows by using transfusers.
The suction from the jar will pull through the transfusers from the large amount of "buffer jars," and with a valve opened, suction from some crsyalizers with a restriction tube will be the highest suction because the jar is full and not providing any, pulling any excess essentia that's not in the labeled jar in the center of the machine into the crystalizers under the floor. Does a similar thing with centrifuging excess as well!
- To post a comment, please login.