1. Java Development Kit. In order to compile any java code, you'll need to install the Java Development Kit or JDK. Note that this is different from normal java or the JRE you already have to you probably still need to install it. If you have ever coded in java, then you should already have it. You can get the latest version here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
2. You'll also need Git for Windows in order to run .sh files on Windows. You can get it here: http://msysgit.github.io/
Compiling the jar file:1. Create a new folder somewhere where you'll compile the jars. This won't be the folder you actually run the server from and is simply used to compile the jars. It is a good idea to give the folder a name without spaces or else you may get errors.
2. Download the Buildtools.jar file from here: https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/BuildTools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/BuildTools.jar and place it in the folder
3. Run the Buildtools jar using the provided code. Create a new text document in the folder and copy in the code and save as a file ending with the .sh extension. Double click the file and the program will do it's magic. If you have a different JDK version remember to change it to the version you have installed.
CODE: JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_25" java -jar BuildTools.jar
4. Wait around 10 min or so for it to download and build the jar.
5. Once the program closes, you will have the CraftBukkit/Spigot jars. They are located at FOLDER-NAME-HERE/$server/target/XXXX.jar.
Example: Spigot is located at FOLDER-NAME-HERE/Spigot/target/Spigot-1.8-VERSION-HERE.jar
6. To update simply run the Buildtools.jar again. It should take less time now. Around 2 min for most users.
Just to end off here are some plugins that are fixed by the Spigot team and a plugin compatibility list
- Essentials - https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/
- PermissionsEx - https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/PermissionsEx/
- WorldGuard - http://builds.enginehub.org/
- zPermissions - https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/zPermissions/
Found a broken plugin not on the list? Report it here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zv1sAgbTZP7QXD5HPpaDV76-gTZO7VxSOicPKfpjQ5c/viewform