- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 4 months, and 13 days
Last active Mon, Oct, 4 2010 16:22:56
- 0 Followers
- 114 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 7, 2011Aramco posted a message on [1.2_01] Ethereal's Mods: Elevator, Meteorite Quick BugfixWhat, noone is going to update the meteor one? I would much rather play that than with elevators.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 23, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from EtherImp »Quote from Aramco »The only problem I have with these is how long it takes to throw stuff away with it. Other than that, these are some nice designs. (Though a bit over-complicated)
It doesn't take long to throw away.
Drag and drop an entire stack of 64 directly from your inventory and enjoy the satisfying sizzle of instant disintegration.
You can do that? I've just been spamming 'q'.
Nov 19, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from NinjaPope »...It is only a matter of time before Minecraft in Minecraft....
I would play it.
Nice job with the redstone, though. (I think, I really have no idea about these redstone computers. For all I know it could be terrible.)
Nov 10, 2010Aramco posted a message on Mod Updates (alpha 1.2.2) No Resizing UI and Scroll The SkyWhy would you want the UI smaller? I like it how it is.Posted in: Mods Discussion
Nov 8, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Zahn »Woot, I got it working.
I think this is a rather solid design I came up with, ackshullay. Thanks for the link to that tutorial, by the way. I'd already seen it, but it was a good refresher.
Folded booster track runs up and down an incline surrounded by two additional booster carts which run up alongside it, and then drop back to reset themselves, which keeps the whole thing in perpetual motion. There's little room for the main booster section to stall, and I've not seen it stall even once.
A few things to note about this design:
1. The most important element of this design (note taken from Bob's tutorial) is that the boosters need to stop at some point, and then re-accelerate. If it does not stop regularly, it will glitch out and carts will simply disappear from the tracks, and the whole thing will stall.
2. The curved fold at the bottom of the center track is somewhat necessary for the track switching mechanism (I was unable to get it to switch on a straight track, only on a curved track).
3. The curved fold at the bottom of the center track can only extend one block further than the two side boosters, otherwise it has a tendency to stall. Extending only by one block, however, works perfectly. I actually have trouble getting it to stop.
4. The incline needs to be rather long in order for the boosters to gain enough momentum to travel a decent distance by the time it reaches the track switch at the bottom. I have an additional booster ready a little ways down the track just to give it extra acceleration.
I built your design to test it, but I've encountered a problem. Where do I place the carts at the start of the run for it to work?
Edit: Nevermind, I got it.
Oct 15, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween UpdateQuote from TurtleeyMC »Universal approval.
But yes, I think you would need an Iron Pick + above in order to destroy the virus,
And use liquids to "stun" it.
If you pickaxe it with an iron pick while it's stunned, it drops a "quarantined" version of the block;
If you place it, it doesn't spread; So it's used for cosmetic stuff.
Maybe it drops still infected, and you have to throw it in the furnace to disinfect it. I like this idea.
Oct 15, 2010Posted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from Dragonchampion »7 hearts please. otherwise it would be more beneficial to simply eat the bread and pork separately.
But you's have to carry them all around, and if you needed 7 hearts you'd have to be like OM NOM NOM HAM OM NOM NOM BREAD OM NOM NOM MORE BREAD instead of just OM NOM NOM SANDWICH. I like five or six hearts.
Oct 14, 2010Posted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from Dragonchampion »http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47148
That is awesome. Also, I made my own sandwich image! The image site was being stupid about it, and made me try a bunch of different image formats. Here is my creation:
It's not the best, but that's the kind of look I was going for.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.