So for a while I've been having an idea for Thaumcraft. Where thaumcraft leaves off, the ending is rather open right now. (SPOILER) all you see at the end is that the Crimson Cult had created a Tainted Creature in the Eldritch, but where are they actually? Where does the crimson cult come from, and are they truly the only ones who has ever discovered the Eldritch? This is why I would absolutely love to see the second thaumcraft-exclusive add-on; Thaumic Vengeance.
As soon as you lay your hands on the Primaeordial Pearl from the tainted beast in the Eldritch, you unlock a new kind of warp (requires 50% warp). The warp makes your screen foggy and turns everything black-white. After 5 seconds, the effect is over, and there is a new research tab in your thaumonomicon; The Shadow. The research states the warp has distorted your pressence between the Physical Realm and the Shadow Realm. (The Shadow Realm is an identical actual copy of the Physical world, but contains several creatures, blocks and nodes that cannot be seen, broken or interacted with from outside the Shadow Realm). This is where you start with Thaumic Vengeance.
Aspects exclusive to Thaumic Vengeance:
Oculus (Tenebrae+Lux). Sight, Blindness and Hiding. Aspect found in everything exclusive to the Shadow Realm.
Nox (Praecantatio + Tenebrae). Occult, Sinister and Dark magic. Aspect found in devices and weapons wielding dark magic. Also rarely found in pillar Sinister nodes.
Extertia (Nox + Vitium) Corruption, Insanity, Warp. Can only be found in Tainted Nodes while researching them from inside the Shadow Realm. Extertia Essentia can only be created, not found. (see Alchemical Catalyst)
Imcantatio (Exanimis + Nox) Necromancy, Conjuration. Cannot be found, must be created in a catalyst or research table.
Debilitas (Tutamen + Perdito) Weakness, fragility. Can be found in Slowness potions.
Infirma (Telum + Perdito) Weakness, debilitation. Can be found on Weakness potions.
Patientia (Sano + Tutamen) Durability, Survivability. Found on high health monsters, diamond armour, amethyst armour, thaumium fortress armour, enchanted golden apples.
- Alchemical Catalyst. Can be used to combine two phials of essentia into a higher aspect (if they combine). Requires research points as it commits to a smaller research game.
- Alchemical Distillery. Can be placed below an Alembic (instead of an Alchemical Furnace). When powered by coal, it cracks down any essentia phial into a lower tier aspect. However, it has a 33% - 50% loss rate.
- Essentia Pylon. Can be powered by essentia, giving a beacon-like effect in an area. Each essentia has its own effect, i.e. arbor causes a crops/saplings growth speed on a large area.
- Essentia Infusing table. Recharges capable items with Essentia drawn from a placed jar on top of the table.
- Scrying pool. Used to create portals through keystones.
- Keystone. When placing down a keystone and infusing it with Vis, it draws the dimensional location of the area it's placed on.
- Shadow Shard. Obtained from killing monsters within the Shadow Realm.
- Sacred Shard. Obtained from killing monsters within the Shadow Realm while present in a Mystical Forest.
- Crimson Shard. Obtained from killing monsters within the Shadow Realm while present in a Tainted Biome
- Occult Shard. Obtained from killing monsters while inside an Eerie biome.
- Distorted Shard. Something strange hapened to this shard, it's as if the shard has lost its dimensional origin. Obtained from killing monsters within the Eldritch.
- Shadowwood, sapling, and wandcore. Uses essentia instead of Vis. Must be recharged manually, has higher capacity, but only allows one aspect per type.
- Nox staff core. Infused from ichor and shadowwood, it can wield any single aspect. Instead of a wand focus, it is the Essentia that determines the spell. (similair to an Essentia Pylon)
- Belt of the Seeker. Allows the user to manually get into the Shadow Realm, but gets forced out after 30 to 60 seconds. Needs Nox essentia.
- Belt of the Soulgazer. Allows the user to manually get in and out the Shadow Realm. Needs Nox essentia.
- Amulet of Clarity. Allows the user to avoid Warp effects, including positive warp. Needs Patientia essentia.
Shadow Warrior - a stronger variant of a zombie and skeleton. Only visible inside the Shadow Realm, and immediately despawns when going out.
Wandering Soul - can be interacted with for small missions. They unlock some exclusive research, give crafting/infusion componements, give some extra research points or give you a random phial of essentia (can be Extertia or Imcantatio)
Crimson Transcendant - can be found at a Taint Biome while in the Shadow Realm. He is a stronger version than a simple Crimson Mage, and has the ability to slowly drain Magic / Power armour. Drops a Crimson Gatestone.
The Crimson - Accessed through A crimson Gatestone. Similair to the overworld, but contains different trees, a crimson-exclusive ore, and generated crimson strongholds, fortressess, etc.
More will be added in due time, this is a concept for now