Read books, then go online and pick arguments about the things I read in said books
- Retired Staff
Member for 11 years, 2 months, and 3 days
Last active Tue, Sep, 28 2021 11:34:45
- 3 Followers
- 1,391 Total Posts
- 152 Thanks
Jan 5, 2015Alrien posted a message on Haven't seem a thread on it so far so: Thoughts on gay marriage.This thread has been locked; Discussion of controversial topics such as politics, religion and philosophy is not allowed.Posted in: General Off Topic
Jan 27, 2015Your post was mistakenly caught by our automatic spam filter, I've restored it for you: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/survival-servers/2322857-new-mature-minecraft-server-summitcraft?comment=41Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
Aug 10, 2014IdentificationPosted in: Administrators & Moderators
After you’ve registered your nickname with NickServ, you’ll need to identify each time you connect to IRC. This basically means logging into your NickServ account.
To identify, issue the following command, while using your registered nickname:
/msg NickServ identify <password>
Example: /msg NickServ identify examplepass
If, for whatever reason, you’d like to identify, but you’re not using your registered nickname currently, you can use the following command syntax:
/msg NickServ identify <nickname> <password>
Where <nickname> is the name you registered your NickServ account with
Note, most IRC clients will have a feature to identify automatically each time you connect, you’ll just need to configure it first.
- To post a comment, please login.
Apr 30, 2021Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
most rule changes will be taken advantage of by a big server, probably with more success than a small server ever could. I suggest a bump button and allow bumps daily. remove the ability for new posts to bump a thread. the button on your main post will need daily attention. this levels the playing field and opens up new strategy, such as targeting different time zones to attract players from around the world. not sure about behind the scenes stuff. like the fact that there would be way less posts in general, big servers would stop asking users to post to keep them at the top.
edit: this button would be programmed to have a countdown until next use. requires less moderation as well. button does nothing until the 24 hours has passed.
Mar 17, 2021Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
I may be a little biased on revoking the current profanity rules, given my stance when they were changed back in the day, and having been around since long-before they were invoked. Obviously in favour of having profanity be allowed once again.
Some people seem to have this idea that profanity as a whole is an aggression thing, or damaging to discussion. I swear all the time. I swear almost every sentence, outside of this forum. That's just how some people speak, especially in certain regions or classes. The idea that it's uncouth as a whole almost comes across as a little insulting.
It's strenuous to have to constantly, consciously avoid using certain words that I'd typically insert into casual conversation. Though I don't expect the profanity stance to ever be entirely rolled-back, context is very, very important. If someone is clearly insulting someone else; sure, ping them for it—doesn't mean all swearing needs to be eliminated or seen as peace-ruining evil.
I will, however, take a much firmer stance on the idea that acronym profanity be allowed. Even post-moderation role, I've been pinged by other mods before for what'd usually be innocuous acronyms—something even harder to consciously avoid than entire swear words. What The-'s and Luh-Maos are such an ingrained feature of internet vernacular at this point that I just find it a little silly.
Apr 28, 2020Luvitus posted a message on So after 10 years of holding off I decided to make a forum accountPosted in: General Off Topic
It's more sad than awesome.
Mar 2, 2011AtomicStryker posted a message on [1.18] Finder Compass - turns the vanilla item into a configurable search utilityPosted in: Minecraft Mods
What this mod does:
Take your standard compass into your hand and USE it to swap between Settings. Each setting can feature different needles, pointing at awesome things like diamonds, Strongholds, the nearest Mob Spawner ...
If the server you are on has it enabled, it might be an Item you have to craft first. The recipe is a compass in middle, with diamonds at the sides (left, right, top, bottom).
Short tutorial, FML VERSION:Install FML according to it's instructions
Drops the file you downloaded into your mods folder
I reserve the liberty of not responding to posts stating ("It crashes", "doesn't work") and so on unless you provide an error message or log. Read the included textfile.
Files can be obtained from curse, the 1.13.2 version is available only there:
Most Downloads moved to my homepage for user convenience:
You can add your own searchable materials and needle colors.
Read the config file in .minecraft/config/ for more information and examples.
My other mods:
Jul 22, 2011kingbdogz posted a message on [1.7.3] Aether Collaboration Mod - V1.02 - NEW MOBS, FIXES, ITEMS AND FEATURES!The new Aether Thread is open for business.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mock-up "CD Case" for the Aether! Created by our talented artist, The5.
Hey guys! If anyone wants to come discuss the Aether mod, you can come over to the IRC channel #aethermod on esper.net. Come chat with the dev's and other Aether-lovers!
If you do not have an IRC client here is how to join the channel with your web browser:
1. Go to http://www.esper.net.
2. Click on "Chat now!" in the top right hand corner. This will go to another page with an input box which has "#" inside it.
3. Inside the input box, type in #aethermod and press connect.
4. The mibbit client will then request for your username, type it in.
5. Have fun chatting!
See you there!
Enjoy and stay tuned!
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in the patch; the team has been very busy wrapping things up with the new mod version, and of course some of us have to attend to real life. However, we have finally finished the patch, and it is now available for download! Not only have we fixed a huge amount of bugs, but we've also added new features, tweaks and balance changes to freshen up your Aether experience. We've worked very hard on the patch, and so we hope you enjoy what it has to offer.
If you have yet to see the change list for Patch 1.02 of the Aether, you can see it below:
- Dungeon Rewards are now hidden in TooManyItems by default. However, if people would like to spawn them for any reason, you can now disable the hiding code for the rewards by changing "TMIhidden = true" to "TMIhidden = false" in mod_Aether.cfg file. This file can be found in your /.minecraft/config/ folder. DO NOT change "#TMIhidden (boolean:true)" as this will not actually affect the config file, and immediately resets upon opening Minecraft. Instead, change "TMIhidden = true".
- Completely restructured Sound files for the Aether.
- When riding a saddled Moa, a "Jump Meter" will now appear above your Armour defense. This Jump Meter will show you the amount of mid-air jumps your Moa can perform, and also how many are left before it can no longer jump. Thanks to Penumber for the idea.
- Saddled Moas no longer wander around. They stay on the spot when you are not mounted on them.
- Ambrosium Shards now only heal "half a heart". We felt that Ambrosium was too powerful for such a common ore, thus the decision to decrease it's healing powers.
- Gravitite Ore is now much more common.
- Zanite Ore is now slightly less common.
- You can now press "B" on your keyboard to gain a Book of Lore for free. You will gain one according to the dimension you are in (for example, if you are in the Aether dimension you will gain a Book of Lore: Volume 3).
- Placing Lava in the Aether now freezes it into Aerogel.
- Books of Lore no longer appear in Dungeon chests.
- Aerogel no longer appears in Dungeon chests.
- Carved Stone no longer appears in Dungeon chests.
- Lightning Knives no longer appear in Dungeon chests in stacks higher than 16. This is so stacking is no longer screwed up (as the max stack for Lightning Knives is 16).
- When first entering the Aether in Minecraft, you will now gain a Cloud Parachute for free.
- If you hit the Bronze Boss with something other than a Pickaxe, it will now show a message which says "Hmm. Perhaps I should attack this beast with a Pickaxe?" so that new people understand they cannot attack it with other weapons.
- Enchanted Gravitite texture now changed, so as to save Sprite ID's.
- The time taken for Baby Moas to digest their Aechor Petals has now been decreased.
- Life Shards now have a new sprite, to make them look more like "Shards" rather than heart containers.
- Blue Aerclouds have a slightly new colour. It uses a more cyan-like colour now.
- Spawning issues have finally been fixed (Zephyrs and Aerwhales are now less common, and Aechor Plants more common. There are more adjustments, but too many to list).
- Cockatrices and Zephyrs now despawn when on Peaceful mode.
- Aerwhales and Zephyrs now despawn when stuck.
- Fixed the Glowstone Dust description in the Book of Lore: Volume 2.
- Fixed the Glowstone block description in the Book of Lore: Volume 2.
- Fixed the descriptions of some Obsidian items in the Book of Lore: Volume 3.
- Enchanting Golden Darts and Buckets of Poison now works as intended.
- Golden Swets now work correctly.
- Baby Moa's no longer lay eggs.
- You can now configure the spawn rate of Aether mobs in mod_Aether.cfg (/.minecraft/config/). 0 = no longer spawn.
- Aerwhales which were previously set on fire should no longer be in flames. They are also now immune to fire.
- Swets, Aerwhales and Zephyrs now despawn correctly, previously they would not despawn and prevent spawning of other creatures.
- Fixed a bug where Blue and Gold clouds were not generating into the world naturally. Newly explored areas or new Aether worlds will now generate with Blue and Gold clouds.
- Saddled Moas no longer despawn.
- From now on, beds which are placed in the Aether will not explode, and can be slept in as usual. Beds which have been placed prior to Patch V1.02 will still explode. To fix this, just recollect the bed and place it again.
- Bonemeal can now grow Skyroot saplings and Golden Oak saplings. You can also use it on Aether Grass to grow a group of White and Purple flowers.
- You can no longer move the Bronze Boss with the Hammer of Notch projectile.
- Fixed a bug where the initiating a fight with the Gold Boss would cause massive lag spikes.
- Fixed a bug where Black Moa's would only be able to perform 6 mid-air jumps instead of the intended 8 mid-air jumps.
- The Cloud Sentries which are spawned from the Cloud Staff dungeon reward no longer make human "hurt" sounds when damaged.
- Fixed an audio-related issue with Moas and Flying Pigs, where they would build up "step sounds" while flying, and would play them all at once when landing on the ground.
- Fixed a bug where Silver Dungeons were rarer than Gold Dungeons.
- Many more small bugs have been fixed, but there were too many for me to remember them or list them. I can assure you that the above fixes were the biggest.
- Added 3 new in-game soundtracks, all exclusive to the Aether. Thanks to our new composer, Emile, for creating these wonderful pieces! You can hear them in-game, just like any other Minecraft music.
- Unique "Victory" tunes have been added when defeating Bronze and Silver bosses.
- A small "Achievement" tune has been added when completing an Aether achievement.
- When initiating in a fight with a boss, a Health Bar will now appear on the top centre of your screen. The Boss will also have a randomly generated name. For example: "GeneratedName, the Valkyrie Queen".
- Added a new "Flying Cow" mob. While they are nothing too special, they do drop leather when killed. These creatures can be saddled and flown around.
- Added a new "Aerbunny" mob. These creatures are friendly, and will hop around the Aether peacefully. Aerbunnies drop string when killed. This means, with the combined additions of the Aerbunny and Flying Cow, you can now craft Saddles in the Aether without returning to the surface world.
- Added a new "Whirlwind" mob. These hostile entities will throw you into the air when you get too close.
- Added a new "Quicksoil Glass" block. Not only can it be used for building materials, but it also gives off a dim amount of light (and of course, speeds up mobs movement speed while in contact with them). They can be gained by enchanting Quicksoil.
- Added a new "Zanite Block". This is a purely aesthetic block, for the purpose of storage and building materials. It can be crafted with 4 Zanite Gemstones. You can also craft the Zanite Block back into 4 Zanite Gemstones if you would like to regain them.
- Added a new "White Flower" block. These are commonly generated flowers in the Aether. At the moment they are purely aesthetic, but will have crafting purposes in the future.
- Added a new "Purple Flower" block. These are slightly rarer than White Flowers, and can be crafted into 2 Purple Dye items.
- Added a new "Freezer" block. This new block was suggested by one of our fans on the Mantis bug/idea tracker. We thought it was a neat enough idea to implement. Basically, it works very similarly to the furnace in design. However, it uses Icestone as a fuel, and can be used to freeze various different items. For example: you can freeze water from water buckets into Ice blocks, or freeze Cold Aerclouds into Blue Aerclouds. Although there aren't many freezable items and blocks at this stage, the Freezer's use will be hugely expanded in future patches.
- Added a new "Ice Ring and Ice Pendant". When worn, these accessories will freeze all water and lava around the player. They slowly degrade while worn, so they do not last forever. These accessories can be obtained by freezing Gold or Iron accessories with the new Freezer block. You CANNOT freeze Zanite accessories into Ice accessories, only Gold and Iron.
- Added a new "Healing Stone" item. Heals 2 hearts of health, and is stackable. These items can be obtained by enchanting Holystone blocks with your Enchanter. This was implemented to balance out the issues with overpowered Ambrosium Shards.
- Added four new craftable capes: "White, Blue, Red and Yellow". These capes can be crafted with their respective wool colour. Blue Capes can be crafted with any type of blue wool. These capes are purely aesthetic.
- Added four new Dungeon Rewards. One of them is a Bronze Dungeon reward, and the other three are Silver Dungeon rewards.
- Added a completely new "Main Menu" which is interchangable in-game and with the mod_Aether.cfg file. This menu, by default, has an "Aether Theme", with Aether-styled buttons and logos. It will also preview the last point you were located at in your previously played world. All progress made in the menu (time of day, etc) is not actually saved, so when you re-enter the world it will still be at the last point you played. This menu is highly configurable, though, and has a few neat features. We've added three new buttons on the top right hand corner of the screen: "Q" for Quick Load, "T" for Toggle Theme, and "W" for Toggle World. The Quick Load feature allows you to instantly jump into the world that the menu is currently previewing, without ANY loading times. The Toggle Theme feature allows you to switch between the "Classic" style of buttons and logos (which includes the Minecraft logo, etc), or the "Aether" style of buttons and logos. The Toggle World feature allows you to turn world previewing on or off. While world previewing is off, it will display a menu very similar in structure to the normal menu in Minecraft, but you still have the option to use the "Aether" styled buttons and logos with the Toggle Theme feature. However, the only way to use a particular menu by default, you have to configure the menu with mod_Aether.cfg, which can be found in /.minecraft/config/. By default, "aetherMenu = true" means that Minecraft will always load with the Aether styled buttons and logo. If you change that to "aetherMenu = false", your game will always load with Minecraft styled buttons and logos. Additionally, the default "worldMenu = true" means that your game will always preview your previously played world on start up. However, if you change that to "worldMenu = false", your game will always start up with the classic Minecraft menu in normal Minecraft.
The Aether NO LONGER WORKS WITH SINGLE PLAYER COMMANDS. It uses an API called Player API, which basically allows several mods to edit the Entity Player. However, Single Player Commands has not used this new API yet, so you cannot run the two mods at the same time or else it will CRASH. I expect a patch/quick fix will be up shortly!
ADDITIONALLY: The Aether DOES NOT WORK with ShockAhPI r5 and r6, since it directly overwrites Player API (similarly to SPC). However, we have created a new version of ShockAhPI which utilizes Player API. Even though Shockah is currently on holidays, he has given us permission to distribute this version of the API with adf.ly (as he is one of the Aether team members). The new download link for this fixed version will be below. IF YOU HAVE V1.01 CURRENTLY IN YOUR JAR FILE, YOU MUST USE A FRESH JAR OTHERWISE IT WILL CRASH. THE PATCH DOES NOT WORK WHEN SIMPLY PASTING OVER V1.01.
There is also one known bug with the current menu: it seems that, because of the way we load the menu music, it has a 2-4 second stall upon opening Minecraft. It's not a huge delay, but sometimes it may be confused with a blackscreen. It actually isn't, you just need to wait a few seconds for the menu to do its thing.
We've been working quite hard on this patch, and would appreciate any donations from our fans. Anything helps; it's the thought that counts!
The Aether mod V1.02 requires ModLoader, AudioMod, PlayerAPI, and ShockAhPI r5.1.
New SinglePlayerCommands Patch out!
To use SPC with the Aether mod V1.02, first install SPC then use this patch by meiska_:
HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO - STEP BY STEP (V1.01, these videos are outdated!):
Thanks to DirtyMoDz7s for the video!
Thanks to RZGamez for the video!
It's finally here...
One of the biggest projects in Minecraft Modding history is now completed. Five very well-known and talented modders (Kingbdogz, Kodaichi, Shockah, Flan and 303) have joined forces to develop the Aether, a celestial realm found in outer limits of the atmosphere. The Aether is what you could call the "antipole" of the Nether. The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world. The Aether, on the other hand, is a collection of floating plains and islands, all connected together to create a breathtaking dimension of the skies. Even during the night, the Aether is still quite peaceful, and a normal day in the Aether is the equivalent of three days on the surface.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on Golden Oaks and strips of Blue Aerclouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Peaceful as they may seem, these deadly birds shoot poisonous needles at you when provoked. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether.
The Aether isn't always fun and games though; elaborate dungeons are protected by powerful Guardians and sleeping sentries which await watchfully. They can be found in the sides of massive floating islands, containing locked loot chests with otherwise unobtainable singular items and blocks worth the effort of slaying their key bearing protectors.
Dungeons have three levels of difficulty. Bronze, Silver and Gold; Bronze being the easiest, and Gold being the hardest. This means that the Bronze Dungeon will be easier to handle, but the Dungeon will only yield "good" items. Silver Dungeons are slightly harder, and reward you with much better unique items. Gold Dungeons are extremely hard, but you will be rewarded with incredibly powerful items. These unique rewards CANNOT be obtained any other way.
Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Flying Pigs can also be found wandering around the Aether, and occasionally flying freely through the air. These creatures can be saddled with a Saddle, and flown around without having to deal with a taming process. This allows players to quickly hop into the action. However, Flying Pigs can only jump once, and do not have the privilege of mid-air jumps like the powerful flying Moas.
The Portal to the Aether is made out of a Glowstone Frame, and can be activated with a Bucket of Water!
New Accessory System:
We've implemented an entirely new "Accessories System" for the mod. This will include 8 entirely new slots to customize your character. Items such as Pendants, Rings, Gloves, Capes and even special Shields can be worn. Various "Miscellaneous Accessories" can also be worn in the two blank slots.
Above is an example of Accessory items being worn.
Description: Pendants can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn over the top of the players skin, so when Armour is worn it will be hidden. Gold and Iron Pendants are simply decorative accessories, but Zanite Pendants will increase your mining speed when worn. Zanite accessories slowly degrade when worn, and the more damage it takes, the faster your mining speed with increase. Zanite accessories also slightly increase your armour.
Description: Rings can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. Gold and Iron Rings are simply decorative accessories, but Zanite Rings (like the Pendants) will increase your mining speed when worn.
Description: Capes can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn on your back and can be seen very clearly when in third person mode. Normal "Swet Capes" (image above) are simply decorative, but one particular Dungeon Reward (which is a cape) has a very useful ability.
Description: Gloves can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn on your hands and can also be seen in first-person view. These provide extra protection for the player, and with some special armour sets, are required to activate the "Set Ability".
Description: Aether dirt is the basic dirt in the Aether, and will grow into Aether Grass when exposed to sun light. It is much easier to mine than normal dirt found on the surface.
Description: Skyroot Logs are the main base of Skyroot Trees. They provide the basic essential for your Aether adventures, and can be crafted into four Skyroot Planks.
Description: Skyroot Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Skyroot Trees. On chance, they will drop a Skyroot Sapling to replant.
Golden Oak Logs
Description: Golden Oak Logs make up the base of Golden Oak trees. They are embedded with Golden Amber, which can be used to craft very powerful Golden Darts.
Golden Oak Leaves
Description: Golden Oak Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Golden Oak trees. They occasionally drop Golden Oak Saplings and Golden Apples.
Description: Skyroot Saplings allow you to replant Skyroot Trees.
Golden Oak Sapling
Description: Golden Oak Saplings are occasionally dropped from Golden Oak Leaves. They can be replanted into Aether Dirt to regrow a Golden Oak tree.
Description: Skyroot Planks can be crafted from Skyroot Logs. They can be used to craft Skyroot Sticks and from there, Skyroot Tools.
Description: Holystone is the common stone block in the Aether, and can be used to craft Holystone Tools.
Description: Mossy Holystone is a rare Holystone block that can be found at the base of an Aether Dungeon entrance.
Description: Cold Aercloud is a very common type of Aercloud found in the Aether. Long strips of them can be found in the formations of clouds. They have very strange properties; while sometimes they will prevent fall damage, other times they will not. Use them wisely, but be wary when falling from large heights. They can also be crafted into Cloud Parachutes.
Description: Blue Aerclouds are slightly rare than Cold Aerclouds, and bounce mobs when coming into contact.
Description: Gold Aerclouds are the rarest type of Aercloud. Alone they do not have any special properties from normal Cold Aerclouds, but they can be crafted into Golden Parachutes which have 20 uses rather than the normal 1.
Description: Quicksoil can be found on the sides of islands. When mobs walk on it, their movement speed is increased. However, it takes a while to build up speed. These can be both a good block to abuse its speed, but also a dangerous block to come into contact with.
Description: Icestone can be found in large chunks, usually on the sides of islands. One placement, they will freeze all water and lava sources around it.
Description: Ambrosium Ore is a common block found in the Aether. It drops Ambrosium Shards, which can be used for Torches, fueling Enchanters, and even healing.
Description: Zanite Ore is slightly rarer than Ambrosium Ore, and can be found on the sides of islands. Zanite Gemstones are dropped from these ore blocks, and can be used for a variety of recipes (including Zanite Tools and Zanite Armour).
Gravitite Ore - Enchanted Gravitite
Description: Gravitite Ore is the rarest ore-type in the Aether, and can be enchanted into "Enchanted Gravitite" blocks. Gravitite Ore, by default, will float up into the air. However, Enchanted Gravitite only floats up into the air when powered with redstone. Enchanted Gravitite is required to craft powerful Gravitite Tools and Armour.
Description: A decorative Pillar block found on the outside of Silver Dungeons.
Description: A decorative Pillar Top block found on the outside of Silver Dungeons.
Description: Ambrosium Torches are like regular torches, just crafted with Skyroot Sticks and Ambrosium Shards instead.
Description: Enchanters are a new type of tile entity which can be crafted. They require Holystone blocks and one Zanite Gemstone to craft. By default, it uses Ambrosium Shards as fuel, and can repair damaged tools or items; the more damaged the tool is, the more fuel it requires. It can also enchant a few existing items into more powerful versions.
Description: Incubators are a new type of tile entity which can be crafted. They require Holystone blocks and one Ambrosium Torch. By default, it used Ambrosium Torches as fuel, and can incubate Moa Eggs into Baby Moas.
Description: Locked Chests are found in Dungeons, and cannot be broken. To acquire their rare lot within, you must obtain a key from the Dungeon Boss.
Description: Decorative blocks found within the Aether Dungeons.
Description: Decorative blocks found within the Aether Dungeons which radiate a small amount of light.
Description: A slightly transparent block which is resistant to all explosions.
Description: Skyroot Sticks are used for several different crafting recipes. They are crafted with Skyroot Planks.
Description: Ambrosium Shards can be obtained from Ambrosium Ore blocks. Not only are they used for crafting torches and fueling Enchanters, they can be used as healing items as well.
Description: Zanite Gemstones are found from the Zanite Ore blocks. They can be used to craft a wide variety of items and blocks (including Enchanters, Zanite Toolsets, and Zanite Armour).
Cloud Parachutes - Golden Parachutes
Description: Clouds Parachutes are items which can be used to safely fall from the Aether. When you transition from the Aether to the Surface (upon falling) the Parachute will automatically activate and drift you down safely. These parachutes are a one use only, and can be manually activated as well. Golden Parachutes do the same, except have twenty uses.
Description: Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Description: Golden Amber is used to craft Golden Darts, and can be obtained by harvesting logs from a Golden Oak tree.
Description: Aechor Petals can be obtained from poisonous, purple Aechor Plants, and are used to create Poison Dart Shooters and feed Baby Moas.
Description: Dungeon Keys can be obtained by their respective Bosses. They are used to open the locked chest, which contains the Dungeon's rare loot.
Blue Music Disk
Description: Blue Music Disks can be obtained by enchanting a Green or Gold Music Disk. It will play a new song by author Noisestorm.
Description: Golden Darts can be crafted with Golden Amber, Skyroot Sticks, and Feathers. Additionally, you can enchant and poison these Golden Darts. Poison Darts are not affected by gravity, making it great for sniping down far-distance enemies.
Description: Dart Shooters can be crafted with Skyroot Planks and a Zanite Gemstone. They can also be enchanted to shoot Enchanted Darts, and combined with an Aechor Petal to shoot Poison Darts.
Description: The Skyroot Toolset is the weakest Toolset in the Aether. However, it has one of the best side-abilities, which is to gain double-drops from the blocks they mine and the enemies they kill. The double-drops cannot be abused though, as the Toolset will only return double drops from Generated blocks that have already existed in the world. You cannot place a dirt block and then mine it to get double drops, as it is NOT a generated block, it is placed by the player.
Description: The Holystone toolset is slightly more powerful than the Skyroot Toolset in terms of strength, and occasionally drops an extra Ambrosium Shard upon mining a block or attacking a mob.
Description: The Zanite Toolset is the second most powerful toolset, and has the side-ability of getting stronger the more you use it.
Description: The Gravitite Toolset is the strongest toolset. Normal harvesting tools can right click their respective blocks to make them float up, while the Gravitite Sword can launch mobs in the air when attacking.
Description: Skyroot Buckets can be crafted with three Skyroot Planks. They can collect Milk and Water, but not Lava. They can also collect poison from Aechor Plants, and those Poison Buckets can be enchanted into Remedy Buckets to heal your poison side-effects.
Description: Lore Books can be used to reveal more information about an item or block. Just right click while you have one in hand, and place an item or block in the slot. There are three volumes: One for the Surface, Nether and Aether. The Aether volume can be obtained when you first join the Aether. The rest can be obtained in Dungeon chests.
Description: Victory Medals are items which can be obtained by defeating Valkyries, protectors of the Silver Dungeon. They are used to prove your skills in fighting to the Silver boss.
Description: Zanite Armour has the strength of Iron, but gets stronger the more it is damaged.
Description: Gravitite Armour, when fully worn (with Gloves as well), will give you very high jumps. It will also prevent all fall damage. It are as strong as Diamond Armour.
Description: Above are all the Dungeon Rewards you can get. For the sake of surprise, I will not name or describe any of the rewards, so that you can get the best experience possible when looting Dungeons. You will get better rewards depending on what type of Dungeon you conquer. The blocks which make up a dungeon cannot be mined until the boss within is defeated.
Description: Bronze Dungeons are the easiest of the Dungeons to defeat, but are still challenging and yield very powerful rewards. The Boss within cannot be harmed with swords or projectiles, but instead requires a PICKAXE to defeat.
Description: Silver Dungeons are slightly harder than the Bronze Dungeon, and contain slightly more powerful rewards. These Dungeons are found in the skies as great temples, and are guarded by the humble natives of the Aether; the Valkyries. They will not fight you unless provoked, and honor a fair fight. Beware: not every chest is as it seems.
Description: Gold Dungeons are the hardest Dungeons to defeat, and contain the most powerful rewards and items in the mod. Unlike other Dungeons, the Gold Dungeon does not have any defenders leading up to the Boss; the Boss greets you as soon as you enter the Dungeon. This Dungeon can be found in giant floating mountains with a collection of Golden Oaks on the mountain's top. This Boss in particular cannot be harmed with any item in the game; you must figure out a way to defeat it once you confront it.
Poison Dart Shooter
Enchanting - Blue Music Disk
Enchanting - Repairing Damaged Tools
Enchanting - Gravitite Ore
Support the Aether Mod!
Just copy the code below and insert it into your signature.
Alternative Banners (Credits to Kanza and Divinux!):
- Hozz (for helping me with some Sprites)
- Firehazurd (for the idea of flying whales and moas)
- GreyAcumen + Community (for the idea of the Aether!)
- Kanza and Divinux for the alternate support banners.
~ Stay Tuned ~
Jan 13, 2012sonicether posted a message on Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders [compatible with Minecraft 1.12.2 via OptiFine]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders [compatible with Minecraft 1.12.2 via OptiFine]
Please read this entire post before attempting an install or posting about a bug.
Development news is posted on my Facebook/Twitter page: http://www.facebook.com/SonicEther
If you would like to access beta and experimental versions of SEUS Renewed and support the development of SEUS, check out my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/sonicether
SEUS Renewed screenshots!
SEUS Renewed is an on-going project! Feel free to report any issues you encounter.
Setup (PLEASE READ)
OptiFine has taken over shader support for Minecraft. Go download and install OptiFine first! ALWAYS USE THE LATEST VERSION
You need to install this mod to use my shaderpack!
Once you've got OptiFine installed, to use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don't know how to do this).2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters) if it isn't already there.3. Go download my shaderpack "Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders" from below and place the shaderpack in this directory.4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may only be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.1 Ultra.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS Renewed 1.0.0/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]or.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS Renewed 1.0.0.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing youshould check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.
5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Video Settings > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it.
6. In Options > Video Settings > Shaders, make sure that "Old Lighting" is set to Default!
7. Click Shader Options in the bottom right corner of the Shaders selection screen (for v11.0 and Renewed) to setup SEUS-specific options. Here you can choose from Low, Medium, High, Ultra, and Extreme profiles, as well as tweak any individual option to suit your needs!
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
SEUS Renewed is a re-imagining of SEUS and is an ongoing project. Check the links at the very top of this post to follow its development!
Make sure to always use the latest version of OptiFine!
-Improved GI and SSAO
-Super smooth Temporal Anti-Aliasing
-Completely reworked system for day/night cycle based on atmospheric scattering
-Accurate sunlight color via atmospheric scattering
-Accurate ambient sky lighting from atmospheric scattering via Spherical Harmonics
-New atmospheric scattering on distand land for a natural sense-of-scale
-New underwater rendering
-Normal/bump mapping from torch/artificial light
-Screen-space shadow tracing for better contact shadows
-Vastly improved performance with long render distance settings
-Physically-based specular highlights from sunlight
-Improved 2D clouds
-Improved rendering of stained glass
-New rain/wet effects
-End and Nether shaders
-Improved POM and POM self-shadowing
-Many more, too many to list here!
-Tweak Shader Options to adjust SEUS v11.0 based on your hardware!-Variable Penumbra Soft Shadows-Proper rendering of transparent objects-Proper light absorption through stained glass-Stained glass colored shadows-New volumetric clouds-New water rendering-Water caustics-Crepuscular rays (volumetric light rays)-Improved GI-Vastly improved shadow and GI render distance-Automatic exposure adjustment based on average brightness-New tonemapping operator-More natural/realistic lighting values-Atmospheric scattering-New BRDF for diffuse and specular lighting-Spider/Enderman eyes no longer look glitched-Lots of other improvements!
SEUS v10.2 Preview 1
SEUS v10.2 Preview 1 Ultra (work in-progress)-Single bounce diffuse global illumination from sunlight!-SSAO-Fixed day/night cycle-Various other bug fixes
SEUS v10.1 Lite Coming Soon...
Some issues have been fixed from Preview 1. Some new features have been added.-Puddles form when it rains and create reflections. This effect is meant to be seen when using a resource pack with normal maps. Go download ChromaHills which has normal maps.
-New procedural clouds rendered directly in the sky and in reflections (transcending screen-space)-Cloud shadows. When clouds are covering the sun, direct sunlight dims.-Torchlight color is much more mellow and less orange.-Better specular highlights from sunlight when a texture pack with specular maps is used.-"Smooth lighting" reverted back to old rendering mode.-Tonemapping adjustments-Overall less harsh outdoor lighting
This preview version still has some issues but is overall faster and improved over v10.0. A full release of v10.1 will be released soon. It has not been tested for use with OptiFine.
LEGACY VERSIONS:SEUS v10 RC7 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC7 Ultra (1.6.2 compatible)
SEUS v10 RC6 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC5 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC4 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC3 Ultra
SEUS v08 Lite
SEUS v08 Standard
SEUS v08 Ultra
Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
-Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
-Lower your render distance
-When OptiFine is installed, try toggling "Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:". "ON" gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
Reporting an Issue
If this mod is giving you unusual results, please make sure that you installed everything correctly first.
If you are using this mod on a Mac, I'm sorry to say that I am powerless to provide Mac support. I apologize.
I can't help you if you don't provide these details:
-Describe your issue thoroughly. Provide a screenshot or video if you can.
-Describe your system specs. If you forget this step, I cannot help in any way.
-Include the output log along with your issue report.
-Describe the shaderpack, OptiFine mod version, and Minecraft version that you are running when encountering this issue.
Jan 3, 2011Posted in: Resource Packs
Xenocontendi is a resource pack with a smooth texture style, and a heavy focus on color use. Another important trait is that building blocks stay close to the appearance of vanilla textures. (So a building made to look good in vanilla will look just as good in Xenocontendi!)
The pack also contains custom sounds; and support for many mods, especially those included in MCPatcher or Optifine.
Currently out of date.
All comments are greatly appreciated!
Use MCPatcher or Optifine to make use of randomobs and connected textures. MCPatcher will be needed to make use of custom colors and translucent glass.
GUIs for Risugami's Mods
Many thanks to Fruckert.Any requests for mod support are welcome.
Each image represents an album: click the picture to view each full gallery!
INTERIORS AND REALMS
Texture showcase by Rydian!
Texture showcase by FreestyleOMG!
September 13th, 2014
'1.8 and Assorted'
1.8 textures implemented, including:
Classic CTM for smooth igneous stone,
Animated sea lanterns,
Randomob textures for Guardians,
Hand-drawn antialiasing for banner textures.
Randomized CTM for gravel.
Redesign and randomob textures for the iron golems.
New,animated texture for the brewing stands.
New red velvet cake texture.
New, animated, command block texture.
New sponge texture.
Change to trapdoor texture to have a woven window.
Change to sprites for cooked fish and apples.
Redesign of the gold armor texture.
Tweak to the iron armor texture.
Tweaks to the enderdragon screams.
Adjusted the grass colormap in birch forests.
Adjusted the texture of the oak door to use a proper color pallet.
Set a more consistent color pallet for different iron blocks.
Changes to the shape of some tools.
Pallet changed for golden items to match golden armor and blocks.
Fixed an issue where part of the map UI was missing.
Fixed an issue where the filename of fish was changed.
Fixed the dirt CTM.
New pack description format.
January 21st, 2014
'End Changes and More CTM'
Added the sprites for the new fish.
Added the sprites for the dark oak and acacia saplings.
Added horse armor and saddles; changed saddlebags and horse eyes.
Standard CTM for bookcases-- uses dark oak and normal oak.
Redesign of the enderdragon texture.
Redesign of the end crystal texture.
New sounds for the enderdragon.
Randomob textures for endermen.
New, lower contrast, fire animation.
Added custom colors for maps, spawn eggs, lilypads, XP orbs, the XP tally, and enderman/portal particles.
Added a render pass for the glass texture to make it translucent.
Added GUI for the resource pack selection screen.
Changed the beacon beam to use more of a bilinear gradient.
Changed the pumpkin overlay to a strong vignette.
Bluer color for packed ice.
Adjusted shading on ice texture.
Adjusted orange dye sprite in order to coincide with orange tulips.
Fixed an error on the texture for trapped double chests.
Fixed an error where the record for 'wait' was green instead of blue.
Feb 1, 2011Posted in: Resource Packs|-Xaiwaker Texture Pack-|
If you like it, comment! I'll try to +1 and reply to you
Xaiwaker [zai-way-ker] has that perfect mixture of color, unique rich textures and adventure to bring out the true hero in you! The pack is full of inspiration from Zelda and Animal Crossing. A lot of credit also goes to my good friend Chalarie who has decided to help me in texturing this pack. Together we will work hard to deliver the best possible texture pack we can!
As of 9/1/2011 Remixes of Xaiwaker will not be allowed.
As of 9/18/2012 Xaiwaker is now open source! Feel free to remix/edit it all you want as long as you post all updates to it here in this thread!
16x Version is officially discontinued! Sorry for the inconvenience.
to have the banner in your signature paste this into your sig!
-For now we are not supporting any mods-
Some credit goes to Cushfiles for helping with the redstone stuff and the paintings, Cuthor for the BTW mod support, NorthenerSouth for helping me figure out lava and credit to Snowyomen for doing those amazing ores, Danuri for letting me use his wood frame design on the ingot blocks, his pack found here, and last but not least, credit to mh_mini for helping with my pistons!
Also big thanks to Minecraftdl.com for all the great publicity they give the pack
Castle seen in pics and video HERE!
Xaiwaker by Xaivern and Chalarie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Jul 22, 2016Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
Science is to be discussed in the main off-topic section. We used to have it paired with the Computer section but because mostly computer science was discussed we decided to move it to off-topic. There wasn't enough interest to make it have its own dedicated subforum. It's still not active enough for one.
- To post a comment, please login.