Ah. Yes. That is a possiblility for HomeGroups in your own house. The USB is a safer bet IMO
- Registered Member
Member for 6 years, 5 months, and 20 days
Last active Wed, Aug, 8 2018 13:54:21
- 0 Followers
- 139 Total Posts
- 13 Thanks
Mar 1, 2016Posted in: Discussion
Under the Edit Profile option you are able to edit the path that the game goes to. It is possible to put the entire game onto the External Memory, and then every time you launch the game, you'd have it right there, although you might need to always change the path to the EM
For example, right now most people's MC has a similar directory unless they change it:
With a flash drive you'd have to do (in this case since this is what my flash drive is named...)
Now, your external memory will most likely have a different name than mine. Best way to know what it is is to open it up on your file navigation, and then click the bar at the top and copy that letter/number/name into the file directory on the launcher.
As a side note, how to navigate to the directory change and get it to work (since it seems to work for me and I now have two separate memory devices with minecraft stuff :D)
-Open the Minecraft launcher (which can also be carried in the EM if needed.)
-At the bottom to the left of "launch game" there's your profile name(usually your username) and under that "New Profile" and "Edit Profile"
-If you want to make a second state for your game on the EM and don't care for any worlds, just hit "New Profile" and then the "Profile Editor" Box will come up.
-Name this profile anything you'd like.
-Underneath the Profile name, check the box with the "Directory Options"
-Paste in or type in the location of your Flash Drive (DO NOT TYPE IN .MINECRAFT!)
-Launch game (game will make the .minecraft folder)
-Enjoy having MC on a flash drive.
(note, I haven't tested this out too much, but right now this may require having an existing MC directory in the computer you're using, however, it should transfer worlds and such.)
Nov 8, 2015Adadave posted a message on New Server Problems: Unbreaking blocks aren't there?Posted in: Server Support and Administration
1. You're on a vanilla server. So, the world is exactly like your usual singleplayer world. Except that people can join the world. You should be able to break blocks in the Spawn. Other servers will use a Plugin called WorldEdit to add specific guidelines to a selected region that they select, such as a spawn area. The type of server I think you're trying to make is the type of server that most will pay to have hosted by a company with unlimited RAM or CPU data. I would not recommend having a FULLY PUBLIC server hosted by your computer as most private-hosted servers for computers are only able to hold as many people as your computer can hold, and that includes while you play minecraft on that computer. Having strangers connect to your private server can result in a hacker getting into your computer unless you have DDoS protection. If you are really intent on having a server like Hypixel, find a MC server hoster, otherwise, if you want a server with just your friends, breaking blocks in spawn chunks is normal and intended. I do think there's a way to protect a small area within the spawn somewhere in the server.properites file, but that's something you can play with.
2. Despite it being a private server, you still can do this effect. Most don't do this on private server as they're just around friends, but it's possible to use /scoreboard and having a team/group where people in that group have a specific colour
3. As long as you don't shut down the server running in the Java application in the background, the server will stay up. You'll just leave and exit. However, if you type stop in the server console, or close the app, the server WILL shut down.
Here's the steps for making coloured names, copied from someone else because I'm just lazy
The First Thing you Wanna Do Is:
/scoreboard teams add (Team name)
After That you Wanna Do:
/scoreboard teams join (Team name)
Right Now your Name Is Normal. But Using This next command anyone who is on your team Can Have A Colored Name!
you Wanna Do:
/scoreboard teams option (Team name) color (The color you want)
Lets say you want to get a green name. You would do:
/scoreboard teams option (Team name) color Green
Then Anybody on that team's names would be green!
Sep 25, 2015Adadave posted a message on [CLOSED] PIXEL's art shop- FREE - Youtube Channel related stuff e.t.c Thumbnails, Banner Art, Channel IconPosted in: Art Shops
OH WOW! thanks so much for this!
Sep 22, 2015Posted in: Culture, Media & Arts
It is bizarre. Hence why I just draw if I want to. Not in the mood spending 1k on a fursuit only to wear it rarely, and suffer in 120 degree internal temperatures while doing so. This applies to every fandom. I tend to stay away from any fandom of something I like, such as doctor who, and just appreciate the show, style, and maybe interact with people in real life on the matter.
Sep 20, 2015Adadave posted a message on [CLOSED] PIXEL's art shop- FREE - Youtube Channel related stuff e.t.c Thumbnails, Banner Art, Channel IconPosted in: Art Shops
Request Type: I would love to have a profile picture for Youtube
Username: (If you want your skin or youtube username) Adadave ( ada-dave)
Any Other Notes or Specifications: I would like it if you'd make it music/art related as I'm a music person. Something like a piano with my avatar playing would be nice.
Sep 19, 2015Posted in: Culture, Media & Arts
meh. I'd have to say that I'd be considered a fur on many levels. I draw furry art such as my profile picture and I have a favorite animal (I'll let you guess that) Other than that I don't interact with the community at all. I know of other furries, but I'm not friends with them. I just know other furs exist in my school and one of them has a fursuit... While I do find fursuits cool, I wouldn't get one.
The amazing thing with any fandom is that you can decide how much of a fan you are. You can have it be your life, part of your life, or something you admire. With every fandom I know of, I'm the person who sits back and admires. And I agree with you, I avoid the explicit stuff. Porn is just plain wrong in any medium.
And sorry I Necro'd this post...
Aug 10, 2015Posted in: Discussion
2,967 create your own version of the internet in Minecraft
2,968 Make a command block figure out PI, and then create a circle using that equation
2,969 Create pixel art of animals
2,970 Create a shrine to your pet. (irl or a wolf/cat)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jul 1, 2015Adadave posted a message on Minecon Capes (and 1.9 spoilers); Minecraft Meets LittleBigPlanet, & MorePosted in: News
Lol. Like it took him, a programmer, long to write a short program to make sure his player renders upside down to everyone.
Jan 25, 2015It's really cool to see this type of technology appearing. It's something that'll be awesome. Think about the designing and the accessibility to informational resources this can give us now! However, I have a few problems with "Virtual Reality" as such...Posted in: News
1. A lot of people who have certain disorders like autism and a hard time distinguishing between what's real and what's fake may end up getting hurt, or completely lost in such a device. Meaning that they would essentially forsake real life and say that what they see in HoloLens is reality. Especially with minecraft on it being very close to you being in the game... This can also go for everyone as a lot of people could end up going off cliffs, into walls, onto highways, etc.
2. As awesome and useful we will say this will be I think the reason this will be bought a lot when it first comes out is ESPECIALLY because they put in the preview the ability to play minecraft, and will be bought mostly TO PLAY minecraft. Awesome advertising technique eh?
3. Aren't we sucked into virtual reality on our laptops, phones, TV's and consoles enough already? I know you want to say "but you must play minecraft since you are on here. and call me a bunch of offensive words for your bullying pleasure, but this is my personal opinion. Yes I play Minecraft, I play video games. I love sonic games and games that make you think or you have control over, but there's a time and a place, and there's also a limit of how much.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" -Daniel Moynihan
P.S. I'm not saying this technology is entirely bad, I just think it isn't right to have it as a platform for games. I feel that there's different "good, better, best" uses for this technology. video games on this seems awesome. But a better use would be to use it as a tool for getting around and maybe help others? The best use to me would be to have information available in a new format that's more interactive and provides better feedback for finding out new things.
Jul 2, 2014I'm actually really liking this. I like the crisper, cleaned up look to the forum and also I do enjoy how we can reply to other comments on a chain instead of quotes. OR, if we'd like we can still use quotes. Really liking this! Only thing is all the gaps on the main page. Especially with the side with all the content. Maybe you could fill that with more links to posts?Posted in: News
May 12, 2014Posted in: NewsQuote from CalvinBall12
Glad to see that Mojang has a plan if things go south. I hope to see great games come from them for a long time. Mojang will go down into Indie history.
Side note: at what point does an indie company get so powerful it stops being Indie? Is that even possible?
Sega...Well. We can't predict the future (even you silver) Just joking btw. So who knows? Anything could happen.
Oct 23, 2013Adadave posted a message on 1.7 Pre-Release: "The Update That Changed the World"I thought at first this would kinda be Mojang's Christmas gift to us. But I guess sooner is better for some. Command block minecarts? I have some trolling Ideas in mind along with Custom map mechanics. So does Sethbling. Definitely going to make test for clocks easier.Posted in: News
Oct 5, 2013The very first time I played minecraft was at my second cousin's house. It was back around 1.3. I had no idea what the game was called. He spawned a creative world for me and I taught me the basic controls. I started building a shack and then I had to go all the sudden. Then I was on youtube and I found a video on some 64-bit video game and nukes. I had no idea until later this was about the nuke mod. Then I saw more stuff on the nuke mod and then my first time playing survival happened. I was at a friends house. I still had no idea what the game was even called. Then he explained to me it was Minecraft. His brother set up a lan world for us to do survival It was interesting. We spawned in a jungle biome, I thought it was awesome for a game with the current graphics to make! I then started to try and punch down trees. I failed :P. I was spamming the left mouse button. I was then told to hold the mouse button down. And thus me playing minecraft was born! I still had no idea how to play. So he had to help me meet up at a certain location for us to build a house. When I first played I thought it was a beautiful house. Looking back, it was nothing compared to the town I have been building on my favorite towny-economy-mmco server. My first night was interesting. Since I knew how to kinda play I went looking for sheep. I found some. Then it got dark. I freaked out, and was blown to bits. Since I now knew the name of the game I found vids of it and found it interesting. Then I started playing the free 0.9 alpha version since I could not play the full version. Then I started demo worlds. I still freaked out when it got night. I tried making a house in a little hole. Then I could not find it. Then I died. d#%$ CREEPER! As I was able to get smarter with my building skills I made my house on a little hill. Then the demo ran out and I had to delete that world. I made other houses and better ones. Then I started mining. You know how this is likely going to turn out. I dug into a cave and immediately a bat flew out scaring me a tad bit. Then I dug a little more to see the place. I screamed my head off. I was being clobbered by mobs of all types and eventually died to my relief. I watched some more videos and found out how to turn the game on peaceful. About a month later I bought the game. Minecraft had just barely been updated to 1.4.6. I immediately created a world on creative. But had no luck. I got bored. Then i started a survival that i still have today. I had no idea how great i would do on it and almost deleted it.Posted in: News
That is pretty much my minecraft story. Very interesting eh?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.