- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 8 months, and 29 days
Last active Sat, Aug, 29 2015 11:24:13
- 0 Followers
- 337 Total Posts
- 14 Thanks
Sep 14, 201325wes25 posted a message on Cubic Chunks: Reduced lag, infinite height, and more [The #1 Suggestion Thread of all time!][Updated! 6/14]I wish mojang was smart enough to make an infinite world like this, all they do now is mess around with useless updates like horses, and they couldn't even get all of that right. They are just delaying each update.Posted in: Suggestions
Apr 30, 2013Post this in the World Painter official thread, include a crash report if possible and Chaos will tell you what is going on. My best guess is that you aren't exporting it in minecraft 1.5.1 like you should be. If minecraft has to convert a world painter map then you are definitely using the program wrong. There's a drop down list next to the version and I'd recommend trying it on 1.5.1Posted in: Discussion
Mar 14, 201225wes25 posted a message on [1.6.4]TerraFirmaCraft - Survival mode as it should've been.Hey, i got a suggestion that really fits with all the terrain changes going on. How about new water. Yeah you heard me, new water For instance those random lakes you find are fresh aswell as the rivers and random water anywhere but the ocean and underground. Large bodies of water say a random amount, generates salt water. And with all of the minerals added why not add some sort of acidic water like sulfuric water found in some caves. Then Jungle/Swamp water that is fresh but holds diseases. This can also lead to things like temperature, get too hot or cold and you slowly die (Getting near lava, acidic water, Ice/snow, or in water."Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Uses for water:
Fresh water can grow crops, and is not infinite.
Fresh water is drinkable (a thirst system)
Can be used to craft things like juice.
Jungle/Swamp water is not infinite.
Ocean water is infinite.
Jungle/Swamp water aswell as Ocean water can be distilled to get fresh water. -Can be drunk but can risk disease and dehidration.
Acidic water is not infinite and is only found in the deepest most hottest caves.
Acidic water can be consentrated to get sulfuric acid or somthing?
Thirst, Will decrease slowly like hunger.(Deserts are deadly)
Temperature, Will make lava scarier aswell as water and snow deadlier. (deeper you go the average hotter you get?)
Mine into the ocean - your tunnels under water.
Mine into other water - drains into the deepest part of your tunnel.
Farming uses up some nearby fresh water.
-If you need any suggestions PM me i really think this mod has potential and would love to help.
Mar 10, 2012Posted in: Resource PacksQuote from Mmm Octopie
well consedering it is your first texture pack it is horrible I dont know what the guys above me are talking about
Poor guy must have been shot in the eyes.
Anyways great texture pack, really nice from afar.
Feb 23, 2012Its not a winRAR it's a .jar file... All you do is drag and drop don't unzip or anything. Also check if you have mods installed.Posted in: Mods Discussion
About this you mean the 1% that are the antisocial kids that have no friends and don't understand what those websites are for?
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens (I'm one of them... can you figure out which?)
Feb 15, 201225wes25 posted a message on hi just wanted to ask how many Villager yall have lolAh, its OK bro just kinda thought you were one of those little kids. Its all cool though. :biggrin.gif:Posted in: Discussion
- To post a comment, please login.
Mar 4, 2011Vechs posted a message on [CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series (Spellbound Caves II out now!)Posted in: Maps..
Hi guys, Vechs here! I started making custom stuff for Minecraft back in 2010, and the Super Hostile series is my best-known contribution to Minecraft fans everywhere!
The main objective of my maps (aka custom Minecraft worlds) is to find and complete the Victory Monument. This is a structure with slots on it for blocks. To win a Super Hostile map, you must place each of the requested blocks in the appropriate slot on the Victory Monument. There are 16 colors of wool blocks to find, and also in older maps, the 3 material blocks, of iron, gold, and diamond.
CTM stands for Complete the Monument, which is the genre my Super Hostile series created. Unlike Adventure maps, which typically have very rigid rules and restrictions, CTM maps are about playing Minecraft in a mostly normal fashion, but with a goal to work towards.
For the most part, Super Hostile is like playing Minecraft normally, but it's more difficult and you have a long-term goal to work towards. Also you may find yourself in some unusual terrain. Oh, and the map is designed to kill you, so keep that in mind.
Going forward, Super Hostile maps made after 2020 now also require a custom modpack, which can be found here:
Currently Under Construction:
Super Hostile: Vexelvania (working title)
Super Hostile: Spellbound Caves II
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PUBLIC (Coming Soon!)
The new official home of Super Hostile is here! Download the maps at:
And lastly, here is a bunch of legal stuff. The short version is: feel free to make videos about my maps, watching people play helps me make better maps; please don't rip-off my work and claim it as your own; and please don't upload my work to other websites.
Users are free (and encouraged) to create videos of the MAPS and share the videos online, using websites such as YouTube. Users are also free to include advertisements and monetize their videos of my maps. Watching people play my maps is by far the best way for me to learn how to make better maps. If you have made video's or LP's (Let's Play series) of my maps, then thank you very much!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MAP (MAPS, plural) - Data that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove game content.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MAP. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MAP despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the map, person installing the map.
THESE MAPS ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THESE MAPS TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THESE MAPS. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE MAPS FALL ON THE USER.
Use of these MAPS to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
These MAPS may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of these MAPS must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of these MAPS (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
These MAPS are provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of these MAPS require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
"Super Hostile", "Victory Monument", "Super Docile", "Hostile Trails", the "Vechs'" brand and "Race for Wool" are Trademarked ™(2011) by the author. The MAPS herein and the character "Vechs" are Copyright ?(2011) and are the intellectual property of the author (Vechs)
Mar 4, 2011Vechs posted a message on [CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series (Spellbound Caves II out now!)Posted in: Maps
Super Hostile Videos and LPs
This section is being rewritten, and will be back full of brand new stuff!
Apr 10, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
[*** WHAT IS BETTER THAN WOLVES? ***]
Better Than Wolves is a "total conversion". This differs from most mods that you are probably used to in that it changes many of the rules of play to provide a richer experience, rather than just adding in new stuff. What makes it special however, is that it always attempts to do so in a way that retains the original spirit of the game, perhaps even more so than the newer official releases.
It focuses both on challenging survival play, and player creativity in terms of never providing "magic block" solutions to in game problems. Instead, it provides basic tools and leaves it to the player to figure out how to use them to get the job done.
In short, Better Than Wolves is a vision of what Mincraft could have been, designed by a very serious player, for other like minded individuals.
[**** End Of Dev ****]
Please note that after a full decade, all development has ceased on Better Than Wolves. The final version (4.B0000003) can be downloaded here:
And the source code can be downloaded here:
Better Than Wolves and its source code are made freely available under the creative commons attribution license:
You are free to modify and redistribute portions of BTW and its code as you wish, but I (FlowerChild) would appreciate acknowledgment if you do so. Keep in mind however that parts of BTW may be based on modified versions of Mojang's code and assets, and it is left to anyone redistributing portions of BTW to make sure they are appropriately considering Mojang's intellectual property and licensing as well.
Dec 1, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Join my discord for the latest information: https://discord.gg/9xZuaA4
If you dont want to loose items or blocks in 1.7, make sure to open your worlds with the latest 1.6.4 atleast once.
Want to show your support? Buy me a drink
Latest update video
Always backup your world before updating.
Read the Todo List before making suggestions
- Requires Forge, download here
German download: here
External Dialog Editor
- 1.7.10b and lower: download (last updated 19-jun-2014)
- 1.7.10c and higher: download (last updated 24-aug-2015)
- source code
This mod adds a set of tools to create npcs with different roles/jobs and other functions. It gives Creative Players a way to liven up their world with fully Customizable NPCs.
- Starting info
- Installation Guide
- Content Packs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Todo and current plans
- Dialog Setup
- Factions Setup
- Fan Made Machinima
- Adventure Maps
- Bug/Issue Tracker
Main developer: Noppes Co developer:
- Licensed under the Creative Commons BY-NC
- If you want to use it for a modpack, include a link to this thread
- If you want to use this mod for an adventure map go ahead. No need to ask for permission
- People who do youtube videos on this mod, feel free to post them here
If you are using mcpc+ there are multiple permissions you can usepermissions:
customnpcs.npc.gui customnpcs.npc.create customnpcs.npc.edit customnpcs.npc.delete customnpcs.npc.reset customnpcs.npc.freeze customnpcs.npc.ai customnpcs.npc.stats customnpcs.npc.display customnpcs.npc.inventory customnpcs.npc.advanced customnpcs.spawner.mob customnpcs.spawner.create customnpcs.global.playerdata customnpcs.global.bank customnpcs.global.dialog customnpcs.global.transport customnpcs.global.faction customnpcs.global.quest customnpcs.global.recipe customnpcs.global.naturalspawn customnpcs.mounter customnpcs.pather customnpcs.villager
by default players will have none of these permissions unless they are opped
Tutorial/Show Off by SCMowns
Without these guys this mod wouldnt have been possible, they are awesome. Thanks for all your support.
- For skins:xSparky, willxo, DrakonsLTU, arugaicastle, Kasumi10102, meecube, DiggyDiggyHole1223, Jimorrison, MrTylon, DrakonsLTU, GingerNinjaSam, C0NV3X, fatacemcafee, MineWarCrafter, Eliwood407, NethanielShade, Tcc, MineWarCrafter, rhaidenp, Zach8460, araelb123, Gurinderm101, gui_maldito, Fox0427
- For items: Torzel, C0NV3X, Eliwood407, Scorpinax, llama66613, meecube, lazeckvar, werff, DiggyDiggyHole, Moety5, adscomics, tobbiusness
- For blocks: Redmann, tobbiusness, MineWarCrafter, owned645
- Making/Imporving models: Verdana, CarbonLord, DjGyarados, Jimorrison, Solidfire
- For banners: KingMiner, Bosch, Darkcrafter31, MrTylon, aditya25
- For extensive testing and being awesome on the forums: Darkcrafter31, MrTylon, Mr. Rinkachi, Kasumi10102, Archadeas, belldyl, Collserra, Taj, willxo, CarbonLord, C0NV3X, Eliwood407, Mikieee, tobbiusness, Charanor
- For translations: CZ:fritol33, DE:Waringham, Datixum, PL:Patrykgazing, RU:Overbolt, BR:Teraxo, ID:aditya25, KR:Cuz, FR:DjefNukem, AR:matias491, CN:miguo
- Special Thanks to: Verdana for letting me use the pony model, KodaichiZero for letting me use his grooving animation, TheKyleb for letting me use his music.
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833003-"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/m6yxj.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833003-"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/MZMYs.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833003-"><img src='http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/7007/customnpcbanner3.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833003-"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/42bg6.gif' /></a>
Mar 29, 2011Captain_Chaos posted a message on WorldPainter - graphical & interactive map creator/generatorPosted in: Minecraft Tools
Welcome to WorldPainter, a graphical and interactive map painter / generator. Quickly generate expansive, natural looking landscapes, with full manual control over the terrain, using an easy to use and well performing program.
Check out these great examples of both usage and results of WorldPainter. Note that I didn't create these landscapes, or these videos:
- Custom biome painting
- Create your own custom brushes
- Add custom objects from bo2 files or schematics to the world
- Customise the location and frequency of underground ores and resources
- Add snow and ice
- Easy to use yet flexible and powerful paint-like tools
- Create oceans, landmasses, plains and mountains
- Change the terrain type, add trees and create caverns
→ To download WorldPainter, go to the official website at https://www.worldpainter.net/
→ For support, please use the official WorldPainter subreddit!
Troubleshooting - FAQ - other documentation - support.
You can check the change log here. The installers were created with . WorldPainter is free and open source software, released under the GNU Public License (GPL) version 3. The source code is hosted on GitHub.
It should be pretty self-explanatory, and the rest you should be easily able to find out by clicking around. Don't forget to try all your mouse buttons, and try holding them down! Post in this thread to get support from me or other users of WorldPainter.
The Load and Save functions save the map in WorldPainter format. The Export function exports the map to a Minecraft world. By default it is exported right to your Minecraft saves directory. You can then open the world in Minecraft under Singleplayer.
The Import and Merge functions allow you to import the landscape from an existing map, and then merge any changes you make to the landscape back to the existing map. It is not meant for general purpose map editing! WorldPainter is, and always will be, a map generator, not a map editor. Note that this functionality is dangerous! Use it at your own risk. Please see this post for important information about how these functions work, and their limitations.
This tool is not meant to create ready to run single player maps, it's meant to create server levels and adventure maps. The idea is to create the basic landscape, with your mountain ranges, oceans, forests, snow and ice, lakes, hills, etc. using the tool, and then go in and fill in the details with other tools.
WorldPainter takes a lot of time to create and maintain. Even though it is free, please show your appreciation by donating: or .
You can also donate bitcoins! The bitcoin address for donations is: 1NK8PFYFetTiWReujPsQXDcarXKJuYtqgF. You can also scan this QR code with a Bitcoin app:
Linking to WorldPainter
If you want to link to WorldPainter from your own site or another forum, I would be honoured! But please don't link directly to the downloads, or upload the files to file sharing sites or host them yourself! Instead, please link people to the official homepage: https://www.worldpainter.net/
Mar 27, 2011Kinniken posted a message on Millénaire - NPC village - 16/09/18 : Millénaire 7 open betaPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Millénaire forums for more in-depth discussions than here:
Millénaire 7.0 open beta! Millénaire 7.0 introduces two great new features: a reworked Norman culture and the construction of a massive, end-game marvel: Notre Dame of the New World! Head to the beta page for all the details and the download link.
Millénaire 6.2 for Minecraft 1.12 available!
Millénaire is now officially updated to 1.12.2. Download the new version on www.millenaire.org!
Millénaire is a single- and multi-player mod for Minecraft. It aims to fill the "emptyness" of single-player worlds by adding NPC villages to it, with loose 11th-century Norman, North Indian and Mayans themes and additional cultures planned.
Villages are populated with men, women and children of various kinds, who perform tasks such as trading with the player, expending current buildings or improving existing ones, cultivating crops such as wheat in Norman villages and rice in Indian ones, crafting tools and powerful amulets, etc. As the village expends, the number of villagers increases as couples have children who grow up into new adults.
Help villages grow by trading with them and be rewarded with unique items such as Normand and Indian food or statues and tapestries to decorate your house with. And if they start liking you enough, they might even build you a house of your own.
Millénaire is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovenian, Hungarian, Chinese, Arab, Estonian, Norwegian, Ukrainian (more coming!)
Download Millénaire on Millenaire.org.
Want to know more first? Check the overview.
For more information, including a FAQ, known compatibility with other mods, and common install issues, you can check the Millénaire Wiki:
Millénaire Library of user-created content to extend the mod:
Millénaire forum for more in-depth discussions:
Come across small villages while exploring, such as this Norman settlement...
Millénaire review by CGzCinema showing the mod's main features
... or this Japanese one, centred on a rice paddy.
6.2.10 - 08/09/2019
- It is now possible to donate goods to villages for a big reputation boost
- Added two new advancements, Amateur Architect and Medieval Metropolis
- The keys for the Millénaire menu, the village list and the escort toggle are now set using the standard Millénaire UI
- Players' data is now linked to UUID not player name, enabling players to change their player name without losing their Millénaire progress
- Added two new commands, one to teleport players to a village and one to change a player's reputation with a village
- Fixed a bug where Millénaire stairs and slabs would have display issues when smooth lighting was off
- Fixed a bug where paths could be built over mud bricks
- Fixed a bug where the number of nights spent by a merchant in a village would reset when reloading the world
- Fixed a bug where sub-buildings would appear on the village map, hiding the main building
- Fixed a bug where middle-clicking a full path block in creative would give you a path slab
- Fixed a bug in the handling of Byzantine textures
- Content Creation improvements:
-- New format for buildings' text data, much easier to read than the old one
For older releases, check the wiki page: Millénaire Updates
Or discover a mysterious Mayan pyramid, abandoned in the jungle. (Texture pack: Soartex FanVer with Millénaire HD blocks)
Check the FAQ page on the Millénaire wiki: http://millenaire.or...ki/Category:FAQ
- MinerMiah for the Mayan culture (including skins)
- Minepower for the Japanese culture
- Rasseru for the updates to the Japanese culture
- Ticlon for the Byzantine culture and some of the lone buildings
- SMP for all the Indian skins. Great and fast job! Check also his texture pack that includes a full reskinning of Minecraft itself, Millénaire, and many other mods as well!
- johnlmonkey, Razulra, cubex3 and TheDoctorMouse for skins
- Nandonalt and karahan : some buildings
- joeyjam: icons for the Norman armour
- minami26: graphics for the Norman armour and icons for the Norman tools
- The MCP team, without whose work I would not have attempted this mod
- The #risucraft and #mcp-modding channels, and specifically _303, ZeuX and ProfMobius, for saving me a lot of time with timely help
- MineColony and Builders, for inspiration and useful examples of modding Minecraft
Listen to the villagers discussing their job, life or simply the weather.
Making new cultures
Since Millénaire 1.4, the bulk of a new culture can be made without code (not just buildings and village types like before, but new NPCs as well). As such I'm interested in player-made cultures to integrate in the main game, provided they fit the general theme of Millénaire of "real" cultures from around the 11th century. Players interested in producing one for Millénaire should PM-me about it. If we agree on the idea, I'll provide support in the form of help on how to mod Millénaire and in the form of whatever new code might be needed (for new items, blocks or good productions), though likely not with the buildings and NPCs themselves. I reserve the right to change anything I might not like in a culture I'm shipping with the mod itself, but in practice I intend to leave as much of a free hand as possible to culture designers.Contribution welcome, it helps make Millénaire a rich game!
See what they are doing and what they need in the villages' centres.
- There is a lot of content to fill up in the Millénaire Wiki, feel free to help: http://millenaire.org/wiki/
- Female and children sounds
- It would be very useful if people who have been playing for a while could post detailed accounts of how they play Millénaire, what they like/don't like, what their goals are when playing, etc. I need more comprehensive feedback, not just small reactions to individual features.
- New lone buildings: the more different kind of lone buildings (or variations of the same kind), the better. People wanting to do lone buildings in the same style as the existing ones are welcomed. You can post your creation in the thread, preferably with a screenshot. I'll add those I think fit in Millénaire.
Trade with them, to help their villages grow and gain unique blocks, foods and items.
Downloads are available from millenaire.org.
Thread for posters to discuss custom building plans in: http://www.minecraft...f=1039&t=253387
Wiki page with adapted texture packs: http://millenaire.or...i/Texture_Packs
Feel like paying me a cider? . Otherwise, I'm always looking for more SugarSync referrals (similar to DropBox but more generous free quotas). Note that you have to install the app, not just sign-in online, for me to get a quota bump.
See their villages develop in prosperous communities...
For more information, help, known bugs, etc., check the new Millénaire Wiki: http://millenaire.org/wiki/. Feel free to contribute!
...or massive fortresses surrounded by desert.
But be wary in your travels, for hostile bandits and soldiers can be waiting deep in the woods!
Encourage villages to trade with one another, or push them to war and see their men battling while the women and children
And when the pull of adventure becomes too strong, seek out the mysterious Sadhu in the forest to start a great quest on the origins of the world.
Who knows, you might even come across the mysterious Panthéon, the massive structure where the contributors and donors to Millénaire are immortalised.
Note to modpack makers: Millénaire can be freely added to modpacks provided you credit me and provide a pro-eminent link to millenaire.org.
Signatures by minami26 - now with dynamic version info:
This mod is Copyright (2011) and is my intellectual property. Only minecraftforum.net is allowed to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Descriptions or other content on the mod (for example, reviews) are allowed as long as the download links provided point to this thread or to the Millénaire Wiki. Works derived from this mod in any significant way, for instance by re-using the mod's source code, are forbidden without written permission.
Sep 11, 2011xxxtrigger50xxx posted a message on [Adv/Surv] Fallout MineCraft: DeadState V2.4 Released!(Download Now!/200,000+ Downloads) + SERVER!Posted in: Maps
Official Server IP: 18.104.22.168:25572Official Server Forum Link: Click Here
I have walked and walked.. For days and days.. every night the moon comes up to look over the dim world left for me to walk upon... I have seen every city.. every town... every rock around the corner.. I have walked these roads for the longest time.. They never end.. All of it.. Is dead and the world I lived in before.. has no chance to sprout out again.. I live in the united states.. I live in a state, but this state.. Is a Dead State. You awake in a vault, completely throwing you off track, but that's what I want, you as a stranger even to yourself, have no memory. But the note in your hand. Gives you an idea of who you are, but this story will be about finding out who you really are, now no I'm not making the story line similar to "Vegas". As the stranger You know nothing, the note tells you what you did know..
Actual map size is 132 mb zipped, 277mb unzipped.*
License below to protect my work.
LicenseTHE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED.
BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. TO THE EXTENT THIS LICENSE MAY BE CONSIDERED TO BE A CONTRACT, THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- "Adaptation" means a work based upon the Work, or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, adaptation, derivative work, arrangement of music or other alterations of a literary or artistic work, or phonogram or performance and includes cinematographic adaptations or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted including in any form recognizably derived from the original, except that a work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical work, performance or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered an Adaptation for the purpose of this License.
- "Collection" means a collection of literary or artistic works, such as encyclopedias and anthologies, or performances, phonograms or broadcasts, or other works or subject matter other than works listed in Section 1(f) below, which, by reason of the selection and arrangement of their contents, constitute intellectual creations, in which the Work is included in its entirety in unmodified form along with one or more other contributions, each constituting separate and independent works in themselves, which together are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collection will not be considered an Adaptation (as defined above) for the purposes of this License.
- "Distribute" means to make available to the public the original and copies of the Work through sale or other transfer of ownership.
- "Licensor" means the individual, individuals, entity or entities that offer(s) the Work under the terms of this License.
- "Original Author" means, in the case of a literary or artistic work, the individual, individuals, entity or entities who created the Work or if no individual or entity can be identified, the publisher; and in addition (i) in the case of a performance the actors, singers, musicians, dancers, and other persons who act, sing, deliver, declaim, play in, interpret or otherwise perform literary or artistic works or expressions of folklore; (ii) in the case of a phonogram the producer being the person or legal entity who first fixes the sounds of a performance or other sounds; and, (iii) in the case of broadcasts, the organization that transmits the broadcast.
- "Work" means the literary and/or artistic work offered under the terms of this License including without limitation any production in the literary, scientific and artistic domain, whatever may be the mode or form of its expression including digital form, such as a book, pamphlet and other writing; a lecture, address, sermon or other work of the same nature; a dramatic or dramatico-musical work; a choreographic work or entertainment in dumb show; a musical composition with or without words; a cinematographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to cinematography; a work of drawing, painting, architecture, sculpture, engraving or lithography; a photographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to photography; a work of applied art; an illustration, map, plan, sketch or three-dimensional work relative to geography, topography, architecture or science; a performance; a broadcast; a phonogram; a compilation of data to the extent it is protected as a copyrightable work; or a work performed by a variety or circus performer to the extent it is not otherwise considered a literary or artistic work.
- "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License who has not previously violated the terms of this License with respect to the Work, or who has received express permission from the Licensor to exercise rights under this License despite a previous violation.
- "Publicly Perform" means to perform public recitations of the Work and to communicate to the public those public recitations, by any means or process, including by wire or wireless means or public digital performances; to make available to the public Works in such a way that members of the public may access these Works from a place and at a place individually chosen by them; to perform the Work to the public by any means or process and the communication to the public of the performances of the Work, including by public digital performance; to broadcast and rebroadcast the Work by any means including signs, sounds or images.
- "Reproduce" means to make copies of the Work by any means including without limitation by sound or visual recordings and the right of fixation and reproducing fixations of the Work, including storage of a protected performance or phonogram in digital form or other electronic medium.
3. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
- to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collections; and,
- to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections. For the avoidance of doubt:
- . In those jurisdictions in which the right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme cannot be waived, the Licensor reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by You of the rights granted under this License;
- Waivable Compulsory License Schemes. In those jurisdictions in which the right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme can be waived, the Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by You of the rights granted under this License; and,
- Voluntary License Schemes. The Licensor waives the right to collect royalties, whether individually or, in the event that the Licensor is a member of a collecting society that administers voluntary licensing schemes, via that society, from any exercise by You of the rights granted under this License.
4. Restrictions. The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work only under the terms of this License. You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for, this License with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that restrict the terms of this License or the ability of the recipient of the Work to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. You may not sublicense the Work. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform. When You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work, You may not impose any effective technological measures on the Work that restrict the ability of a recipient of the Work from You to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. This Section 4(a) applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collection, but this does not require the Collection apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. If You create a Collection, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Collection any credit as required by Section 4(b), as requested.
- If You Distribute, or Publicly Perform the Work or Collections, You must, unless a request has been made pursuant to Section 4(a), keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied, and/or if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties (e.g., a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for attribution ("Attribution Parties") in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties; (ii) the title of the Work if supplied; (iii) to the extent reasonably practicable, the URI, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work. The credit required by this Section 4(b) may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Collection, at a minimum such credit will appear, if a credit for all contributing authors of the Collection appears, then as part of these credits and in a manner at least as prominent as the credits for the other contributing authors. For the avoidance of doubt, You may only use the credit required by this Section for the purpose of attribution in the manner set out above and, by exercising Your rights under this License, You may not implicitly or explicitly assert or imply any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by the Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties, as appropriate, of You or Your use of the Work, without the separate, express prior written permission of the Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties.
- Except as otherwise agreed in writing by the Licensor or as may be otherwise permitted by applicable law, if You Reproduce, Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work either by itself or as part of any Collections, You must not distort, mutilate, modify or take other derogatory action in relation to the Work which would be prejudicial to the Original Author's honor or reputation.
UNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation on Liability. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Collections from You under this License, however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License.
- Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright in the Work). Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- Each time You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work or a Collection, the Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
- No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.
- The rights granted under, and the subject matter referenced, in this License were drafted utilizing the terminology of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (as amended on September 28, 1979), the Rome Convention of 1961, the WIPO Copyright Treaty of 1996, the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty of 1996 and the Universal Copyright Convention (as revised on July 24, 1971). These rights and subject matter take effect in the relevant jurisdiction in which the License terms are sought to be enforced according to the corresponding provisions of the implementation of those treaty provisions in the applicable national law. If the standard suite of rights granted under applicable copyright law includes additional rights not granted under this License, such additional rights are deemed to be included in the License; this License is not intended to restrict the license of any rights under applicable law.
Feb 26, 2013Calacbolg posted a message on Cubic Chunks: Reduced lag, infinite height, and more [The #1 Suggestion Thread of all time!][Updated! 6/14]Posted in: SuggestionsThis system will not increase lag! The entire point of this system is to avoid the lag caused by higher height limits.
Table of Contents:
Changes in how things work
Data storageFrequently Asked Questions
Changes to world features
Coping with sunlight
Changes to servers
Render/Load distance alterations
[WIP] The Cubic Chunks Mod!
Supporting this suggestion
[spoiler=Tl:dr]Q: Won't this increase lag?
A: Absolutely not. The title of this suggestion and big red letters at the top of this post aren't lying. If you want to know how, then I suggest you actually read this post.
Q: Will this change terrain? Will this break existing worlds?
A: No. Terrain change is not necessary. Existing worlds can be converted fairly easily with a process described later in this post.
Q: How can sunlight or rain work with infinite vertical space?
A: I suggest you read Coping with sunlight, because it's too complex for a tl;dr.
Q: I have a different question but still don't feel like reading this post. What do I do?
A: Too bad, read the FAQ. I put way too much work into this for the entirety of it to be ignored.[/spoiler]
In Minecraft, the sky is the limit - literally. It doesn't matter how many thousands of blocks a player has traveled, or what dimension they're in, or even if they're playing in creative or survival, the highest they can ever build is up to a height of 256. Why is that? If Minecraft can have a world that's infinite in the north, in the south, in the east, and in the west, why can't that world be infinite up and down too?
In Minecraft's earliest days, in Classic and Indev, the world was not infinite in any direction. This was because the entire world needed to be generated at the same time, and the entire world needed to be simulated at the same time as well. This led to a conundrum - the bigger the world, the more it lagged.
Notch didn't like this. He knew his players liked to explore and build large creations, so he found a way to make the world truly infinite. When the Minecraft '' class='bbc'>Infdev came out, it brought with it truly infinite worlds. Suddenly, players could travel hundreds of thousands of blocks in any direction, and never encounter a barrier, or become too laggy.
The Infdev update brought about a very large change to Minecraft worlds to accomplish this feat. For the first time, instead every world being just a single huge piece, they were broken up into a two-dimensional grid of pieces, called chunks. Through breaking the world up into pieces, this 'chunk system' enabled infinite worlds by letting Minecraft create new pieces and simulate them only when it needs to.
Why does that not apply to the vertical axis? Because the type of 'chunk system' Minecraft uses right now is a linear one, which, by using only a two-dimensional grid to map out chunks, means that it is impossible for chunks to stack on top of one another, and by extension, meaning that a single chunk must cover the entire vertical space. This brings back the problem that the Infdev update was supposed to eradicate, now only with chunks, instead of an entire world; the bigger a chunk is, the more laggy it is. You can't just increase the height limit and make chunks taller, because it will become laggier, and laggier, and laggier to do it.
That's why, to fix this, Minecraft must change over to a cubic chunk system. Under this system, 163 block chunks are aligned on a three-dimensional grid, completely eliminating maximum height as an aspect of lag.
The immediate benefits:
•Minecraft worlds become as virtually infinite vertically as they are horizontally: The absolute limit being Y = ±30,000,000.
•A large FPS increase: Alpha testers report an FPS increase of 100~200%.
•Increase in running capability: Computers running Minecraft on Tiny render distance will handle only 30% the blocks they do now.
The possible features:
•Spherical render/load distance: Reduce handled blocks by up to 30% by cutting corners made of unneeded chunks.
•Server chunk occlusion/exclusion: Reduce bandwidth usage and defeat hackers by only sending data for visible chunks.
•Three-dimensional biomes: Save biome data per chunk rather than per block column, create volcanoes with magma chambers, underground rivers, tropical skylands floating over icy taigas, and more.
•Unloaded gravity-pause: Falling non-player entities and fluids will be forced to pause their fall if they reach unloaded chunks, but will resume falling when those chunks are loaded.
•Slow falling-pause: Players with slower computers and smaller render distances will have falling occasionally paused as they fall into unloaded chunks, until new chunks can be loaded.
•Current sunlight and rain calculation methods cannot work with infinite vertical space: The solution to this is described here.
•Current BiomeDecorator cannot work with multiple vertical chunks simultaneously: The BiomeDecorator code must be altered to function correctly with this, or removed.
•Current cave generation method is executed an extra time for each vertical chunk created simultaneously, leading to lag spikes on world generation: Cave generation's method must be altered to suit this system more.
•Current grass/dirt generation algorithm forces additional chunk requests when chunks are loaded, causing chunks to load slower than they should: This algorithm must be replaced with something else.
Changes in how things work:
Obviously, the implementation of this new chunk system will change quite a few things. These changes are mostly either necessary or in the interest of increased efficiency. Such changes are categorized and explained below.
How worlds will be stored:
[spoiler]How the current storage works, and what changes:
Interestingly enough, the current method of storage, the Anvil format, is derived from the storage method that the original Cubic Chunks mod used. The Anvil format stores individual chunk as a series of 163 quasi-cubic chunks. These 'fake' cubic chunks allow for easier reference of specific data, but they still can't be separated from each other, meaning that it fails to reap the full benefits of this system. Even so, the change allowed Mojang to double the maximum height with no performance hit. Chunks are stored in groups of 322, inside 'MCRegion' files, for a total of 1024 chunks.
By nature, cubic chunks does away with the 'quasi-cubic' nonsense. In terms of chunk grouping, instead of using groups of 323 chunks, new "3DRegion" files would contain groups of 163. This means each 3DRegion file contains 4096 chunks, four times as many as MCRegion files. However, each 3DRegion contains only one fourth the amount of blocks. For per-chunk positional metadata, 3DRegion files would use the same number of bits as MCRegion files, after compression. Calculations show that the same area encompassed by a single MCRegion file would consume 64 kilobytes of extra space with 4 3DRegion files, which is nothing.
Converting existing worlds:
Most people are probably wondering something like "But won't this totally destroy all existing worlds?". Absolutely not; conversion could not be simpler. When a non-cubic world is loaded after the implementation of this system, a conversion process will begin and convert the entire world at once(To avoid making chunk loading take longer during play). First, all existing MCRegion files will be divided into quarters to create 3DRegion files. Then, all existing chunks are divided into sixteenths using the quasi-cubic properties to identify boundaries. After that, conversion is done.
The "isEmpty" flag optimization:
A 1-bit flag is added to each chunk, named "isEmpty". If the chunk consists of 100% air blocks, this bit is 1, any other case makes it 0. When the bit is 1, all data for the chunk besides the isEmpty flag is deleted and ignored, which reduces filesize. Empty chunks are never loaded, and locations where they occur are merely simulated as entities reside in them. The chunk will only load when something requires saving inside it.[/spoiler]
Changes to terrain, ores, etcetera:
By default, nothing will change. Small bits of terrain generation code need to be reconfigured to work properly with Cubic Chunks.
By default, nothing will change.
By default, nothing will change.
By default, nothing will change.
After conversion to Cubic Chunks, the void and bedrock layer will still exist and generate as they always have. However, the void(Not the bedrock layer!) will not exist as a hard limit and is able to be moved, but not removed, by editing an associated NBT data tag inside a world's level.dat. This feature, that allows for increasing the maximum depth, is intentionally disabled without external programs, to prevent terrain change of any sort. It is intended to be used by experienced mapmakers and world generation mods only.
Existing superflat worlds will not change. However, new superflat worlds will gain a new decoration parameter, 'void'. Inclusion of this parameter will cause the void to form below the lowest defined layer. Exclusion of it will cause all layers below the lowest defined layer to copy the settings of that layer.[/spoiler]
Coping with sunlight:
[spoiler]There used to be a solution here, but it wasn't deemed good enough by Jeb. Suggest solutions in this thread.[/spoiler]
Changes to servers:
There's a setting inside the Server.properties file called 'max-build-height'. The setting makes it impossible for any player to place or remove blocks above that height.
With the implementation of Cubic Chunks, a new setting named "maximum-generation-depth" would be added. The void, bedrock layers, and magma layers will generate normally at and above the Y level designated by the value of this setting.
Using the raytracing methods already available in the code and used for explosion calculations, servers can identify which chunks are visible to a player, within safe assumptions, and only send the data for those chunks. This both reduces bandwidth usage, and cripples the usefulness of X-Ray cheats.[/spoiler]
Render/Load distance alterations:
[spoiler]After the implementation of Cubic Chunks, view distances' radii will apply to the vertical axis too. This reduces handled blocks in the cases of tiny and short render distances, and increases them in the cases of normal and far render distances. This can be optimized by utilizing a spherical render distance instead of a cubic one, which would reduce handled blocks in all distances except Far.[/spoiler]
Frequently Asked Questions:
[spoiler=FAQ]Q: This is impossible.
A: No it's not. See below.
Q: Is this available as a mod?
A: Not yet! But it will be!
Q: I like X-ray! What if I don't want it to be broken?
A: First of all, breaking X-ray hacks will only be possible to do in multiplayer. That said, the system that would break X-ray would be possible to disable by the server owner. If the owner doesn't disable the system, then they don't want you using X-ray, and you should not be doing what the server owner doesn't want in the first place.
Q: I play on a PvP/Anarchy/Raid/Faction server. Won't this system let people pillar up into the sky and create a base thousands of blocks in the air and never be found?
Q: I like Minecraft's current height limits. What if I don't want to have an infinite sky or infinite underground?
A: If this system is added, all worlds will not automatically gain an infinite underground. As stated below, the Void will remain in all worlds, even after the conversion to Cubic Chunks. The ability to remove the Void will simply be there. As for infinite space in the sky, the current build limit is over one hundred blocks above any terrain that vanilla Minecraft can possibly generate. It is ENTIRELY your decision on whether or not you take advantage of this height. If you play on a server, like stated above, the server owner can set a maximum build height. If s/he doesn't, then don't play on their server - you don't play on servers where the server owners allow things you don't like. Why would you play on an anarchy server if you hate being stolen from and killed?
Q: Will this affect Redstone at all?
A: No. This system will simply make it possible to make larger redstone circuitry than before.
Q: Won't this break existing worlds?
A: No. Existing worlds can be easily converted by dividing each MCRegion file into 4 pieces, then slicing the existing 256 block-high chunks inside them into 16 individual chunks.
Q: Won't this affect mods? Won't mod authors have a hard time updating their mods?
A: The answer to this question depends solely on the answer to the following two questions: Do parts of the modification code rely on chunk data/metadata? Does the mod author want to take advantage of the features of the new chunk system? If the answers to the first and second question are both "No", then updating a mod to this system should be very easy and quick. If the answer to the first question is "Yes", then those parts of the code will need to be rewritten somewhat, but in most cases, the changes should be fairly quick and easy. The only time that it should be hard to update a mod to this system, is if the answer to the second question is "Yes".
Q: Won't this require a total rewrite of the mod API if that's released first?
A: No. Whether or not even a small part of the mod API needs to be rewritten depends on the way that it is implemented and whether or not there are API inclusions for chunk handling and other chunk-related behavior.
Q: Could a player fall into unloaded chunks if chunks aren't loaded fast enough?
A: No, they could not, and for several reasons. Minecraft has a terminal velocity, though it might not seem like it. This velocity is slower than it should take to load new chunks below the player. In cases with exceptionally slow computers, even if the player did manage to reach an unloaded chunk, their fall would be paused until that chunk can be loaded.
Q: What would happen when water, sand, or a mob falls into an unloaded chunk?
A: Nothing. The water/sand/mob would freeze in place until the chunk is loaded and it can continue moving. You can already see this same thing happening on the horizontal axis.
Q: What will happen to the Void?
A: It will still exist, along with all its effects. The only difference is that the Void is no longer a hard limit and it can be moved. After the conversion to Cubic Chunks, the Void's location will be stored in a world's ' class='bbc'>level.dat, and this location can be changed with NBT editing tools. When and where the Void exists, chunks will cease to generate.
Q: Will this affect terrain?
A: No. However, terrain generators will gain the ability to use infinite height.
Q: Will this affect ore generation?
A: No. Ore is a part of terrain generation. As stated above, terrain will not be changed.
Q: Won't all current terrain generators be incompatible with this system and need to be rewritten?
A: No. Terrain generators work independently of chunks. When a chunk is generated for the first time, it calls the terrain generator and receives a specific section of the resultant terrain to save inside itself. Because of this, some custom terrain generators can generate steep terrain all the way to Y256, where you can experience a large, flat cut-off. Since there are no chunks above Y256 to call the terrain generator for terrain, no terrain exists there.
Q: What would happen if there's a huge solid ceiling so far above you that it is unloaded? Wouldn't you just see the sky, just with everything being completely dark?
A: Yes. This already happens on the horizontal axis, and it is an issue with sky rendering, not this chunk system. As such, this has nothing to do with this suggestion. Please do not post about this.
Q: If you go deep underground, will your plants grow/ores smelt/animals grow?
A: No, because those chunks would be unloaded, just as if you had walked far away. This is a flaw with any chunk system, regardless of shape. It is a necessary evil that allows Minecraft to have infinite worlds. The only way to fix this would be to introduce a separate new system that works with chunks as they are loaded and unloaded. This suggestion deals with the chunk system itself, and not sister processes. Because of that, that is outside of the scope of this suggestion. Please do not post about this.[/spoiler]
[WIP] The Cubic Chunks Mod! (Tall Worlds Mod):
Cuchaz has taken it upon himself to bring us the glorious Cubic Chunks, since Mojang refuses to do so.
Cuchaz is using a API of his own creation to help assist in the making of this mod, and he's quite far along, as seen in these two tech demo videos:
[spoiler=T-Demo 1: Vertical chunk loading][/spoiler]
[spoiler=T-Demo 2: Broken height cap and no lag!][/spoiler]
With the basic functionality in place - a complete overhaul of the basic chunk system, and height limit removed - this whole concept can already be considered proven. What remains is making sure everything else functions correctly under the new chunk system. In any case, stay tuned for future updates if it interests you(If it doesn't, then you are the weakest link - goodbye!).
You can follow the mod's development in much more depth in its very own topic!
[spoiler=A mountainside with an experimental engine using Cubic Chunks designed by Nocte. 960 block view radius, and 30 FPS.][/spoiler]
[spoiler=A different view of the mountainside with the same engine by Nocte. This time, with 1600 block view radius and 15 FPS.][/spoiler]
[spoiler="A video demonstrating Nocte's engine."]
Support & Submission to Mojang:
If you support this, hit the rep button in the bottom-left corner of this post. It is the only good way of accurately measuring support here.
If you wish, you can put the following banner, courtesy of laz2727, into your signature. It helps to attract support from all parts of the forum!
Please help us get word out of this suggestion! Share this with your friends, with Minecraft celebrities if you're familiar with them, or even with Mojangsters like Jeb or Dinnerbone! (Do not share this with Notch. Notch doesn't work with Minecraft anymore.)
The purpose of this suggestion is to have Cubic Chunks implemented in Vanilla. Being available as a modification does not fulfill that purpose. The modification featured in this suggestion is to act as a proof-of-concept only(Note: Its being featured here is to act as a proof-of-concept. The modification itself is on its way to becoming a fully fledged modification).
Cuchaz, for taking Barteks' proof and running with it, to give us a truly functional Cubic Chunks mod.
Barteks2x, for updating the Cubic Chunks mod to 1.6.2, proving that it is possible.
Azraile, for posting the original suggestion and allowing me to take ownership of it.
Nocte, for helping resolve flaws and designing Hexahedra.
MineCrak, for a large amount of valuable insight and enthusiasm into the topic of Cubic Chunks.
aaronfranke, for helping resolve flaws.
PanJouda, for creating the original banner.
Flexico, for creating the predecessor to the current banner.
laz2727, for creating the current banner.
Robinton, for creating the original Cubic Chunks mod.
The_Watchman13, for answering all those stupid questions so I don't have to.
Note: Many calculations and information can be found among the many posts of this topic. There are too many for me to cite here, but if you wish, you can search for them yourself.
Jun 26, 2011MatrexsVigil posted a message on [1.6.X/1.5.2/Others]Pam's Mods - Feb 9th (I'm Back!)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Please note: I am no longer using Adfly or any other ad services for my mods. If you've ever thought of donating, please consider doing so.
I now have a Patreon page! http://www.patreon.com/pamsmods
It's still pretty empty because I'm still learning how to set it up but if you donate/become a patron, it'll go to my Paypal account. If you have any suggestions of what I should put on there, let me know!DOWNLOADSSorry guys. The forum update broke the links, and I can't seem to fix them. They keep re-directing to the forum page.
Here is a direct link to all my mods together in one RAR file. You'll need to extract them from the file to use them in the mods file.
Feb 9th, 2014 - Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for my absence, but I've been looking for a job and dealing with my anxiety and bi-polar issues. I've been attempting very hard (see the last few pages of this thread) to update my mods to 1.7.2 but this update has been a disaster. You'll probably notice a LOT of other modders haven't updated either. We're trying but really, we all might have to wait for a much more stable version of MCP/Forge to come out or even for 1.8 itself!
Sept 28th, 2013 - HarvestCraft 1.6.4 v.1.1.4 (All mods now work with 1.6.4 - Tested with Forge1.6.4-22.214.171.1248)- Fixed Raisins name- Added a way to turn on/off making salt from water buckets in the config
Download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge. Download and place any of my mod ZIP files in the /mod/ directory of your /Minecraft/ folder. Done.
Texture Pack Support
Before you post any errors with my mods, please read the following:
If Minecraft comes up with a crash screen, or you look in your Minecraft Forge error log and you see the following in any fashion or combination:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot #### is already occupied by mods.AnotherMod.BlockAwesome@4436289f when adding mods.PamMod.BlockPamWhatever @3fa501b5
DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD. You are having a Block ID/Item ID conflict. Please open the config files for the AnotherMod and the PamMod in question located in /.minecraft/config/ in a program such as Notepad++.
Find the entries in both config files for BlockAwesome and BlockPamWhatever that is causing the issue. Figure out their Block IDs. Change one ID from the conflicting number to another number between 300 and 4096. Most often you can change the first or second number and be safe. Most of my mods use the IDs from 39XX to 4096.
I hear by give permission to any non-profit mod pack to use any of my mods listed for Minecraft Version 1.4.6 or higher in their mod packs without needing written permission from myself as of January 28th, 2013. You may not claim my mods as your own and must credit myself and Rhodox of the Painterly Pack in your forum post and/or area of download links.
NOTE: No longer includes Get all the Seeds! mod, you must download it separately.
HarvestCraft 1.6.4 Recipes- Text File - Use search function to find names of what you want - Almost no java code this time
Do you want hunger and food to matter more with HarvestCraft? Hunger Overhaul Mod
Fish fillets and seaweed from Aquaculture will work with HarvestCraft!
NOTE: If you try to break a crop/fruit block and it doesn't break instantly, it's not ripe! Re-growth crops need to be right-clicked to be harvested.
57 new crops
16 wild bushes to find in the wild
22 fruit trees growing across the world of Minecrafia
Over 300 new foods to prepare and items to collect
Eight cooking tools
A peaceful, non-violent way to make string and cloth
Colored cloth stairs and slabs
A non-bee farming way to aquire wax
Hardened leather armor
An easier way to use water and milk in recipes
Sink block (available in four textures) for infinite water
Sheeps drop mutton
Squids drop calamari
Uses the Ore Dictionary for everything
An incredibly detailed config file for turning almost everything on/off as you wish
Vegan/Vegetarian Food options using tofu!
Bakeware, Pot, Cutting Board, Mortar and Pestle
Juicer, Mixer, Skillet, Saucepan
How Crops Work
Crops in HarvestCraft work by default a bit differently than in vanilla Minecraft. There are two kinds of crops--normal and re-growth. To find seeds for my crops, break tall grass or find bushes out in the wild.
Normal crops grow through three stages of growth (that takes a bit longer than vanilla wheat to go through eight stages) and when mature can be broken, dropping 2-4 items of that crop with no seeds. You can also turn on seeds dropping from normal crops in the config file (the normal crops will then drop one crop item and 1-3 seeds).
All of my crop items can be used as seeds when planting (think potatoes and carrots in vanilla Minecraft).
Re-growth crops also grow through three stages of growth and when mature, you can right-click on them to harvest a single crop item. The re-growth crop will then reset a stage to grow again without you having to re-plant.
If it takes more than 1/10th of a second to break a crop, it's not mature.
Updated Crop and Fruit pictures by MAXIMEbrx
List of Normal Crops: Asparagus, Beans, Beet, Broccoli, Celery, Garlic, Ginger, Lettuce, Onion, Peanut, Pineapple, Radish, Rice, Sweet Potato, Tea, Turnip, Barley, Cauliflower, Leek, Oats, Parsnip, Rye, Scallion, Soybean
List of Re-growth Crops: Bellpepper, Cantaloupe, Chili Pepper, Coffee, Cucumber, Eggplant, Mustard, Peas, Tomato, Zucchini, Artichoke, Brussel Sprout, Cabbage, Okra, Winter Squash, Corn, Cotton
List of Trees: Apple, Avocado, Banana, Cherry, Cinnamon, Cococnut, Dragonfruit, Lemon, Lime, Mango, Nutmeg, Olive, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Peppercorn, Plum, Pomegranate, Starfruit, Vanilla Bean, and Walnut
List of Bushes: Blackberry*, Blueberry*, Cactus Fruit*, Cranberry, Grape*, Kiwi*, Raspberry*, Spiceleaf, Strawberry*, Sunflower, White Mushroom, Rhubarb, Rutabaga, and Seaweed
* Bushes marked with asterisk are re-growth crops
HOW TREES WORK
FRUIT TREE GALLERY
These pictures are for reference of the fruit growth stages only. Fruits can grow on three different types of trees depending on biome.
This mod adds fourteen new flowers that generate naturally across the world, giving the game a bit more color. You can also use flower seeds to plant and grow more flowers just like wheat! In versions for 1.5.2 or higher, you can also craft flowering vines using three flowers on each side of the crafting grid to get six vines. In versions for 1.6.2 or higher, all crops now use a tile entity (so they take up 1 block ID) and if you have GalatiCraft installed, alien flowers will spawn on the moon! You can re-name flowers (normal and moon) in the config file as of 1.6.2
Read the Config File Directions and Recipe guide to get the most out of this mod.
Block IDs: 4000 Flowers, 4001 Crops, 4002 Moon Flowers, 3100-3115 Vines, Item IDs: 14001-14016, Config File: Yes
Would you like a flower pot that will work with my flowers (and even saplings)?
If you have GalactiCraft installed, Moon Flowers spawn on the Moon! (Set to 0 rarity in config to stop this)
Config File Directions
Block IDs - You can set these up to a maximum of 4096.Item IDs - You can set these up to a maximum of 30,000(?).tallgrassdropsflowerseeds - Normally set to false, set this to true if you want flower seeds to drop from tall grass along with wheat seeds.flowerseedRarity - Normally set to 10, this makes flower seeds drop as often as wheat seeds. Lower this number to make them drop less often.flowerdirectlytodyerecipes - Normally set to false, set this to true if you want a single flower to turn into two dye in the crafting grid (like red and yellow flowers).redstoneflowerdyerecipeOutput - This number determines how many dyes you get from crafting the redstone + water bottle + flower recipe. Can be set as high as 64.flowerseedrecipeOutput - This number determines how many seeds you get by combining two flowers in the crafting grid. Can be set as high as 64.enablefloweringvineblocks- This turns on and off flowering vines in the game (only in versions of this mod for MC 1.5.2 or higher)
The output of all recipes is determined by the config file above (except for dyeing wool). All recipes work with all flowers.
This mod adds in sixteen new plants that spawn in Forge Biome Dictionary biomes marked plains, forest, mountain, and hills. They are just for decoration and be planted on grass. You can use the config file to change their names and spawning rarity if you want.
Block IDs: 3077, Item IDs: ---, Config File: Yes
Mob Drop Crops
(Pictures when I have time)
This mod is meant for folks who like to play on Peaceful or who have taken mobs out of their game some other way. Bushes spawn in the world that when broken, drop a mob item. Blaze Flowers and Tear Chalices can only be found in the Nether. You can then take that mob item, combine it with wheat seeds, and get a mob drop seed.
Blaze Flower - Blaze Rod - Nether
Bone Pile - Bone - Deserts
Creeper Pod - Gunpowder - Forests
Ender Pedestal - Eye of Ender - Jungles
Eye Bush - Spider Eye - Beaches
Rotten Mound - Rotten Flesh - Plains
Slime Puddle - Slime Ball - Swamps
Tear Chalice - Ghast Tear - Nether
You must plant mob drop seeds on slow sand in order for them to grow. If a crop doesn't break immediately, it's not mature yet. All crops except the Creeper Pod and Slime Puddle drop 2-4 items upon breaking. Creeper Pod and Slime Puddle only drop one item.
Most of the crops grow normally, although the Creeper Pod grows like a melon/pumpkin (you must have slow sand around the vine for the Creeper Pod to grow) and the Slime Puddle grows like mushrooms (you must use a large patch of slow sand in order for the Slime Puddle to expand). Crops, pods, and puddles can grow slowly.
You can use the config file to turn off each of the 'bushes' generation and change the rarity.
Warning: This mod is super over-powered in a standard world with mobs.
Block IDs: 2830 - 2834, Item IDs: 12030 - 12037, Config File: Yes
This mod adds in three new sets of tools (cactus - wood, sandstone - stone, and glass steel - gold), a new armor set (cactus - leather), sixteen desert-themed plants that only spawn in desert biomes, glass steel ingots (made from three glass and one iron), a glass steel window (resists explosions), and a recipe to turn cactus blocks into planks.
This mod ads in glass stairs, slabs, and tile blocks.
This mod currently adds in a venus fly trap plant that generates in swamp biomes. They deal damage like cacti when bumped, but you can break them and re-plant them where you'd like. You can change their frequency and Block ID in the config file.
Below you'll find all my small and simple mods that add very tiny changes to the world to make things a little bit better. =)
Pam's Get all the Seeds
This mod makes all the seeds in the game in addition to wheat drop from tall grass. Use the config file to turn off seeds dropping or change their frequency.
Block IDs: None, Item IDs: None, Config File: Yes
Pam's Clay Spawn
This mod adds in clay deposits underground with the frequency and density of iron deposits.
Block IDs: None, Item IDs: None, Config File: No
Pam's Huge Mushroom Spawn
This mod adds giant red and brown mushroom spawns across several biomes. Change their frequency in the config file.
Block IDs: None, Item IDs: None, Config File: Yes
Pam's Melon Spawn
This mod adds melon patches in the world similar to pumpkin patches in forest, plains, swamp, ocean, and jungle biomes.
Block IDs: None, Item IDs: None, Config File: No
Pam's Simple Recipes
This mod adds several crafting and smelting recipes to the game.
Block IDs: None, Item IDs: None, Config File: No
Sapling (any) = Stick
Gravel x9 = Flint
Smelt Rotten Flesh = Leather
Smelt Sandstone = Glass x4
Pumpkin x2 = Orange Dye x8
Yellow Flower + Red Flower = Orange Dye x4
Bone x2 = Stick x4
Sandstone = CobblestoneCactus = Oak PlankWheat x2 = Seeds x2
Feather + Paper + Ink Sac + String = Name Tag
Block of Iron/Gold/Diamond + Leather x3 = Iron/Gold/Diamond Horse Armor
Leather x5 (in helmet shape) + Diamond in middle + Gold Bar x2 on bottom edges = Saddle
- To post a comment, please login.