I love how everyone wants a Journeymap style full map. It is a nice feature but totally not what this mod is about. I support your decision all the way Xaero!
- Registered Member
Member for 7 years, 5 months, and 12 days
Last active Mon, Aug, 31 2015 13:04:56
- 0 Followers
- 26 Total Posts
- 4 Thanks
Aug 13, 20150CupcakeGoesRawr posted a message on Xaero's Minimap [Forge 1.14.4 | 1.14.3 | 1.14.2 | 1.13.2 | 1.12.2 | 1.12 | 1.11 | 1.10 | 1.9 | 1.8 | 1.7]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Aug 2, 20150CupcakeGoesRawr posted a message on Xaero's Minimap [Forge 1.14.4 | 1.14.3 | 1.14.2 | 1.13.2 | 1.12.2 | 1.12 | 1.11 | 1.10 | 1.9 | 1.8 | 1.7]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Update on the flower fields biome with the new version of the map. It looks hilarious, exactly as I'd expected. It's a little overwhelming...but so is the biome itself I think this is appropriate.
Jul 31, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
Planned Updates (ver 0.4)
Version 0.4 of ComradeCraft will be released once all of the following changes/additions can be added (based on availability of updates from mod authors) List will be added to over time.
Need to start considering updating to 1.8 I originally chose 1.7.10 because it was well-established and I believed that a lot of mods had not yet been updated. I need to begin checking our mod list to see how feasible a 1.8 upgrade would be.Quick scan of the threads for the mods in our list shows that several notable inclusions do not currently, will never, or are long-time-coming in a 1.8 update. Not looking likely at this point.
Animals+ - I am awaiting the newest 1.7.10 release which comes with .cfg file support Sounds like this update will only be made for the 1.8 version of the mod[Confirmed, no .cfg support is planned for 1.7.10]
- Bibliowoods - Bibliocraft support for Biomes O Plenty woods
- Doggy Talents -
Awaiting permission from mod author[GRANTED]
- Battletowers - Change loot settings to be more desireable and rewarding
Jul 30, 20150CupcakeGoesRawr posted a message on Xaero's Minimap [Forge 1.14.4 | 1.14.3 | 1.14.2 | 1.13.2 | 1.12.2 | 1.12 | 1.11 | 1.10 | 1.9 | 1.8 | 1.7]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hey, no problem You've done some really good work with the mod and I wanted to show my support for its continuation!
Jul 29, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hey Xaero, whenabouts this week should we expect the 1.5.6 update for MC 1.7.10? Looking forward to the new map!
Jul 24, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Aw man, I'm a 1.7.10 pack so I'll have to wait till next week Q_Q I will be patient.
Jul 24, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Well it sounds like I'll have a pack update to do today This looks fantastic Xaero! Thanks for all your hard work--it really shows!
If there's anything at all we can help with, taking screenshots, etc, let us know!
Jul 23, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
Considered Updates (7/23/15)
Xaero's Minimap - Xaero wrote an update for his minimap this week that uses actual colors and textures, meaning native support for biome-generation mods, specifically Biomes O Plenty. I will be adding his updated .jar as soon as it becomes available. [Thread Post][DONE] Ruins - Update to latest mod version 14.9 [Thread Post][DONE] Chisel 2 - We need it[DONE]
Jul 22, 20150CupcakeGoesRawr posted a message on [1.8] Icy Archipelagos - Accidental Find With A Generation PresetPosted in: Customised Worlds
Accidentally found this seed while attempting to create a normal archipelago system by using a generation preset originally posted by /u/three_two on reddit a while back. Check it out and look around for a bit. I thought it was really cool and figured you all may as well, have fun!
Jul 21, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
So, after I saw the news this morning that you'd already gotten this feature working we logged onto our server to see if we could figure out what different biomes would look like on the map.
Out of curiousity, does the way you're sampling color take partial blocks like flowers into account? We have a flower field in our server and thought it would be funny as hell if the minimap just shows it as a technicolor mess. I hope it doesn't....but it would be entertaining
Jul 21, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
By George, he's done it! Awesome work Xaero
I'm not sure what my opinion on visible ores is. Something about it feels cheat-y but if they're visible on the surface anyway I don't see the harm in them being on the map. It's the same information you'd have if you just walked over and looked at it there yourself.
Either way, looks awesome! Keep us updated on when we might see it in the official releases!
Jul 20, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I'd been hoping for this as well. It's not stopping me from using it in conjunction with BOP, but it would be really nice to determine nearby biomes via the colors on the minimap. Currently most tree types render as green, rather than their modded colors, etc. If this is something you're considering adding Xaero, any thoughts on the difficulty to implement and a theoretical ETA?
Jul 19, 20150CupcakeGoesRawr posted a message on MineColonies Colony Simulator - Now in Playable AlphaPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Looking like a great mod. I've always loved the Millenaire mod and it's currently what I'm using in my 1.7.10 RPG-style modpack. Unfortunately the development has slowed to a crawl and bugs make it difficult to justify using on a server. I've been looking for possible alternatives and really loving what I see here in the forum and on the website. Keep up the exciting work, look forward to the 1.7.10 release!
Jul 19, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
Considered Updates (7/19/15)
Animals+ by Click_Me Reportedly fixed the "issue" where crickets turn plants or farmland back into dirt by jumping on them Author plans to include a .cfg file in the near future. If spawning can be adequately controlled this way I am highly considering re-adding it to the pack[REMOVED: 1.7 support discontinued]
- Still searching for alternatives/fixes to Millenaire
- As the code for Millenaire isn't open-source and the author is reportedly working on the 1.8 update but is largely unresponsive, fixes look bleak currently
- MineColonies Resurrection is the update of an older mod by a similar name. Looks interesting and promising though not currently released for public use and multiplayer compatibility appears to be a ways off yet. Also lacks the varied cultures that we love so much about Millenaire
Clothing Craft - likely going to remove. No one has used or seemed interested in it thus far, including me. The recipe for cloth conflicts with the vanilla recipe for carpets and frankly...I'd rather have the carpets.[DONE]
Config Updates Planned
Xaero's Minimap - change default colors for entities in minimap. Dropped items being red and hostile mobs sharing the same color as passives is annoying. This can be changed by an individual after downloading but I'd prefer if the pack made sense upon download.[DONE]
- Battletowers - Default loot in chests is undesirable. Wider range of possible items and higher chance of more useful items would make battletowers a more attractive challenge.
- Damage Indicators - Currently the UI is poorly placed on anything but a 1920x1080 resolution. The .cfg allows placement of the UI by an additive x/y value from the top left corner of the screen. Need to research to see if any other value type is accepted. A value for "centered" would be ideal.
Jul 14, 2015Posted in: Mod PacksCupcake's ComradeCraft!
ComradeCraft is a modpack I created for me and my Twitch community, my comrades, to play together. It is a fantasy RPG pack with a focus on new generated structures and systems rather than additional items. This is a very new pack, still in alpha. This thread will evolve as the pack does!
This thread is largely just a way for my community and I to track changes to the modpack and report feedback.
- Download the FTB Launcher
- Navigate to the "3rd Party Packs" tab
- Click "Pack Codes"
- Enter code "CupcakesComradeCraft"
- Install, launch, and enjoy!
- Removed Clothingcraft
- Updated Xaero's Minimap to version 1.5.7
- Changed default entity colors in minimap
- Updated Ruins mod to latest available version
- Added Chisel 2 mod
- CodeChickenCore by Chickenbones
- Colorful Armor by Torquebolt [Permission granted]
- Millenaire by Kinniken
- Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
- Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
- Biomes O' Plenty by TDWP_FTW, Adubbz
- Wonderful Wands by Dr Cyano
- NotEnoughItems by Chickenbones
- Battletowers by AtomicStryker
- Bibliocraft by Nuchaz
- Gravestone Mod by NightKosh
- Dynamic Lights by AtomicStryker
- Better Storage by copygirl
- Ruins by AtomicStryker
- CodeChickenLib by Chickenbones
- Chococraft by clienthax [Permission granted]
- Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 by Mine_and_Blade_Admin
- DamageIndicators by rich1051414
- Xaero's Minimap by xaero96
- Chisel 2 by TheCricket26
If you'd like to see the pack as it evolves, join my comrades and I in my Twitch channel!
The comradecraft server is currently whitelisted for beta testers only. Testers are comprised of my Twitch chat moderators and a couple fellow streamers. There is currently no application to become a beta tester, sorry!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.