Problem - When I try to join my server with my public IP I get the classic "io.netty.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out" message.
Things I've tried/Things I can do - I am able to join my server using my (local?) IPv4
- I have done my best to make sure my port forwarding is correct
- Reset PC, router, logged in and out of minecraft launcher
- I've tested it with my windows defender and router firewalls off
- Created new rules for java, minecraft, and the 25565 ports (UDP & TCP)
- I've tested if my ports are open using Port Forward Network Utilities, Canyouseeme.org, and Whatismyip.com. All show it is open
Any ideas on solving the problem or even just help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.
Pretty simple solution: use localhost to connect.
I knew I would mess something up in my post. No one can join through my public IP. I just referred to myself joining as that's how I usually test it.
If the ports are shown as open there should be no issue with people connecting, unless you have poor internet connection. Post results from speedtest.net.
It's not very common for home routers to support NAT reflection (using external services internally) so this is pretty much expected behavior.