I got a problem
when i open minecraft-server, there is only one thing that says server, and when i open it i get this:
! 16:10:41 Failed to load player list "Admins". (java.io.FileNotFoundException: admins.txt (The system cannot find the file specified))
! 16:10:41 Failed to load player list "Banned". (java.io.FileNotFoundException: banned.txt (The system cannot find the file specified))
! 16:10:41 Failed to load player list "Banned (IP)". (java.io.FileNotFoundException: banned-ip.txt (The system cannot find the file specified))
! 16:10:41 Failed to load player list "Players". (java.io.FileNotFoundException: players.txt (The system cannot find the file specified))
! 16:10:42 Failed to load server.properties!
*** 16:10:42 Failed to start the server!
2. Go to that location and open the minecraft-server folder
3. Now you'll see a bunch of files. There should be 2 files called server. Open one of them. If you can't open the file, select 'Notepad' from the window that pops up. If this file is blank, open the other server file.
4. Find the line that says port=xxx, by default this is 25565. Go to http://www.portforward.com and find your router model for a step-by-step guide to forward the port. If you do not forward the port, others will not be able to join your server.
To name your server, change the name after server-name=. This is what will appear on the public server list.
To change the Message of the Day, change the text after motd=. This is what will appear when players connect to your server.
To change the amount of players allowed, change the number after max-players=. This number is how many players (including you) can be in the server at one time.
6. Save and close the server file. Now open the admins file. Add your in-game name to this file, as well as any other people that you want to be an admin, or op. Skip a line for each name. Names are not case-sensitive, but must be exact. Save and close the admins file.
7. If you want to add players from the Ban List at the Minecraft Wiki, copy and paste the list into the banned file. If you want to ban any IP addresses, copy and paste them into the banned-ip file. Banned IPs must have a / before each entry. For both banlists, each name or IP must be on its own line. Save and close the banned and banned-ip files.
8. Aaaaannnnd... you're done! Click start server to launch the server. A black command window should pop up, and soon it should display information such as the external URL. Once it shows the external URL, you can join your server through the URL in the command window (or the externalurl file) or by clicking it in the public server list.
9. To close your server, simply exit out of the black command window. The map is saved automatically, so you don't need to use the save button in the in-game menu.
UPDATING YOUR SERVER
After an update, you should update your server to the latest version. This can be done by downloading the .zip file at http://www.minecraft.net/minecraft-server.zip and opening it once it's downloaded. Now drag and drop the following files to your minecraft-server folder: minecraft-server, server (the one with your server info, not the chat log), and start server. You'll have to rewrite the server info (name, motd, etc).
i have to say. i don't know if minecraft will approve of this post because i do, and i will, talk about people who play with cracked minecraft. not to mention that this is the legit site, which of course naturally has all the admins and everything. by cracked copies, i mean non-legit copies of minecraft. i know people don't approve of it, and i don't either, but we are pretty much desperate, broke students. i'm getting a real copy tonight. i really need help on this, so please. let me post.
i was going to talk about all my problems with port forwarding, but i'm going to try and keep this simple.
if there are a bunch of people with cracked copies of minecraft, who want to play on my legit (not yet but hopefully will be) set up server, and i'm willing to allow it, can they join it just by entering my i.p address? or do i really have to do things like hamachi? because i don't like it. at all.
again. please. pleeeease help. i can't promise diamonds but i'll do what i can.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
i love eddsworld and minecraft. don't. diss. either of them. or you'll have to mess with ME.
I use dot block for my vps for minecraft, it runs amazing and its only $1 for a 30 day trial! Its amazing and i highly recommend it. Just use the link below to go to their website:chttp://gan.doubleclick.net/gan_click?lid=41000000034084943&pubid=21000000000389675 trust me its worth the 1 dollar! Enjoy
how does a 4 step text tutorial that took 10 minutes to make and that only does the default serverware, get more attention than my extremely detailed HD video tuts on doing every single step to making a bukkit server with all kinds of plugins and even a separate tut on permissions that took hours to make and upload?
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Oh man it's been about 3 centuries since I played this game :|