I know this is said to be impossible (Feed The Beast runs a vanilla, not Bukkit, server ), but could someone please tell me if there is a way to install WorldEdit on it? I do creative with my friends and we'd really like some help with this. If no one can solve this I could always grab the src and recode it for vanilla FTB myself, but I hope there is an easier way. Thanks!
I am currently trying to figure out how to get worldedit to run in FTB, but another forum pointed me to this link. I think it may be possible to install worldedit along with single player commands to edit the FTB worlds in single player. If you manage to get this to work let me know, I will update when I get this working. If i get this working...
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Feed the beast is really weird, but depending on which modpack, IT IS POSSIBLE!
WorldEdit works with Bukkit, FTB works with Forge, the solution is BukkitForge.
I tried it on three of their modpacks, and two worked. Direwolf20 - Medium MindCrack - Hard, because it is weird FTB Beta A - Failed, but I don't like this pack anyway because there's no RedPower2.
Step by step:
1. Put the jar file of BukkitForge (I used 1.4.7-30) into the %serverroot%\coremods folder.
2. Make a folder %serverroot%\plugins and put there the jar files of Worldedit (I used 5.5) and bPermissions (I used 2.10.1)
3. Start the server.
For MindCrack, there are a few additional steps, because the server is weird:
3.1 After starting, it will crash, so start it again.
3.2 It will crash again, so start it a third time.
3.3 If it crashes yet again (happens sometimes) start it some more times.
(Because it is weird, every time you start, more files will be downloaded to the %serverroot%\lib folder, until there are 12 files. And did I mention it's weird?)
End of MindCrack steps.
4. Type /permissions examplefiles
5. Go to folder %serverroot%\plugins\bPermissions
6. Edit file groups.yml with WORDPAD! (more advanced editors might change spaces to tabs!)
7. Add the following line to the file:
8. Copy file groups.yml to the folder %serverroot%\plugins\bPermissions\0 (or whatever your world is called)
9. Restart the server.