As the title suggests, I have issues with my game freezing. Normally I don't write posts on forums because so far I have always been able to find solutions online. Unfortunately, this is not the case this time.
The issue started with the Minecraft version 1.15. and remains in 1.16.1; 1.12.2 runs smoothly; I have, admittedly, not tried 1.13 or 1.14.
I can't quite put my finger on what might cause the problem.
Oftentimes, the game freezes while loading, either at about 1/8th of the process, in the middle or at about 7/8th. While the game never fully crashes, it does freeze and doesn't recover. I have left it remain frozen for one hour at one point while watching a movie, but nothing happened. The only way to close the game is with the task manager.
Sometimes I do manage to get ingame. If that happens, one of three scenarios will occur:
1. The game will run just fine. I can play offline and online without any issues. Apparently, the problem has resolved itself.
2. The game will run fine for an uncertain amount of time but will crash during gameplay. This usually happens shortly after loading a world (five to ten minutes). I will have to use the task manager to close the game.
3. The game will freeze at the title screen, world selection or server selection. Again, only the task manager can close the game.
Because the game never crashes, I don't get a crash log that could show the problem.
Here is what I have done so far:
- restarted the PC (duh)
- reinstalled Minecraft
- updated my graphics driver
- updated Java
- changed the allowed RAM for Minecraft to 8GB or 16GB (no difference either way)
- used ADWcleaner (no result)
- closed every other program to ensure enough CPU, including Discord
- tried launching Minecraft in offline mode
None of the above mentioned solutions have worked.
Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501MHz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
I don't know if it's of any help, but when I run 1.15.2 Forge (without mods), the point where the game typically freezes upon loading is when loading
Digging through the logs, the only error I could find is
OpenGL debug message, id=1282, source=API, type=ERROR, severity=HIGH, message=GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. Render buffer not bound
I have not found a solution for this error yet.
Again, there is unfortunately no crash log because the game just freezes and I'll have to kill it manually using the task manager. The error code appears in the normal logs.
This is all the information I can provide from the top of my head. If you need any more, let me know.
Say something silly, Laugh 'til it hurts, Take a risk, Sing out loud, Rock the boat, Shake things up, Flirt with disaster, Buy something frivolous, Color outside the lines, Cause a scene, Order dessert, Make waves, Get carried away, Have a great day!