My friend owns a Minecraft realms server and I'm constantly getting sudden lag spikes lasting anywhere from 5-20 seconds. I then get the infamous "internal exception java io.ioexception forcibly closed by remote host" at any random time after a lag spike. The problem can dissapear for an hour and suddenly come back and fail over and over again.
Computer performance is NOT a problem, I have a RX570, 16gb ram, Ryzen 5 2600.
I have a very fast internet connection (for Australian wifi) 103.1mbps download, 4.1mbps upload, 8ms ping (run with my internet provider's website)
My friend's Minecraft Realm's server is nearby. My friend with worse internet has no trouble. I have yet to connect to other servers then our own, as I'm just getting back into Minecraft from years ago. (Nearby as in Australian Minecraft servers, I know it doesn't run from his location)
What I've tried -
- I was running optifine 1.14.3 with Shaders occasionally, yet have tried both profiles (completely vanilla and optifine). Both times still lagged
- Lowering my chunk render distance from 32 to 18 (to relieve rendering on connection)
- Reinstalling java
- Allowing ports 26000-28000, port 80 and 443 through inbound rules on the firewall
- Port forwarding Minecraft (I was running a server and my friends were complaining about lag)
- Resetting my router
- Resetting my Minecraft
- Resetting my connection to the computer
- Closing other apps (such as Discord, Spotify)
I have probably tried other things but have forgotten, I just want to play Minecraft with the bois ;(
EDIT: Today it has become completely unplayable, MAXIMUM 2 minutes of play before I disconnect. No "hour or so" of no disconnecting