So you've likely seen this error on here several times already, but I believe this is a unique case. Basically, when I *try* to connect to a friend's server, I get an io.netty error (io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information:). The thing is... from most of what I've already read, it either regards server owners attempting to connect, or points to some kind of complex issue that apparently nobody can fix. This case is unique for me because, according to my friends, they can connect without any issue, but I can't... and I'm not even the server owner.
- I'm not the server owner
- I'm not banned (confirmed with the owner)
- The server is not run on Hamachi
- It's a paid-for, dedicated server
- Everyone else can connect except for me
- I can connect to other servers, but not this one
- The server is hosted in Canada but internationality isn't the issue either since I can connect to tons of foreign-hosted servers without problems
- This is the latest version of Minecraft (1.13.2)
- My internet is relatively bad, but it's not terrible. I know that isn't the issue either, since I can connect to 99% of servers regardless of distance or latency.
If anyone has any idea what the problem is or what the solution may be, I would sincerely appreciate all the help I can get.
Edit: I wasn't sure if this belonged in server support or Java Edition support, so thank you for moving it where it belongs.