MineDecks are a set of virtual gaming cards with Minecraft sprites. I will release a new card twice a week, so stay tuned. If you like them, check them out every Wednesday and Sunday for a new card. Post in the comments what you want to see in the next card
These are MineDecks that I refuse to do, may update overtime.
There are so many out there, and I want to avoid real people unless they have a big impact on the game itself (like Notch).
I want to keep things vanilla, so everyone with understand the MineDecks
1. Design needs a little improvement to keep up with other modern gaming cards.
2. Text needs to be easier to read, try white on the dirt.
3. Functionality is lacking. These cards show info like the block ID and so on, however while dueling this is useless. I suggest adding things like hit points, attacks, damage, weaknesses, strengths, etc. For example:
Steve have 10hp.
He can attack with a sword and do 3 damage.
If you place a diamond block under him however, he does 7 damage.
He is weak against the ender mobs, and strong againt the passive mobs. Ender means go to void, passive means double damage.
4. Take some time to think this game through. Look at games like Pokemon, Magic, and Yu-Gi-Oh to see how complex the game actually is with cards, and different angles. Face down, fave up, turned to its side, where its positioned, etc.
5. The numbers on the back give away what card a player is holding. The numbers could mean the generation, otherwise I highly recommend removing the numbers on the back.
Great idea, sounds like it could be a huge avenue for either you or Mojang. Very surprised this doesn't exist already. Good luck.
These are not necessarily supposed to be used for battling or stuff like that, mainly collectibles.
Thanks to feedback, I changed the color of the text on the dirt, hope that's better!