I'm looking for someone to administer a Minecraft Server - and get paid for it! If you want to work from home doing something you love, then this is for you.
Basically, you get to run your own Minecraft server how you want - it's yours, and I'll pay the dedicated server hosting bills. (it's a VPS at this stage).
Currently, the server could theoretically hold 50 to 80 players however this hasn't been tested. So it is a big server.
You MUST: (these are NOT NEGOTIABLE - please do not proceed if you do not pass all these)
- Have experience in running a minecraft server
- Have experience in installing, setting up and administering Bukkit and other addons/plugins required for your standard Minecraft server
- Be able to use a linux server to install, control, launch, administer (etc) Minecraft
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be available to work for 1 to 4 hours per day, for 1 to 5 days a week depending on workload
It would be great if: (these are not necessary, but will help your application)
- You have good people skills (as you need to be the friendly, unbias and fair Administrator)
- You have good communication skills (to communicate with players)
- You have a good judge of character (to create Moderators to help your role)
- Can create user-input/response items in Minecraft such as linked signs and economies etcetera.
Please send the following details to mattwithoos (at) hotmail.com
An attached resume or CV wouldn't hurt but isn't necessary.
Timezone: (ie, GMT+10? UTC+5?)
Contact: (email is fine)
--"Interview" questions, 100 - 200 words--
What servers have you administered? Please provide the names of servers or someone to contact to verify this.
What are some examples of plugins/addons you installed on the server? What were some problems you ran into?
What experience, if any, do you have with linux? And generally, web servers, VPS, etc? How did you learn about all this? (ie school, self-taught)
What is your current situation/occupation? Can you commit the required 1 to 4 hours per day?
Why would we choose you over a similarly-qualified applicant?
Would you be interested in a fixed per-week payment or a profit share of 25% of the total revenue?
Anything else you'd like to share? Such as extra information, references, previous work, etcetera.
After a confidentiality agreement is signed when you're taken on as a virtual employee, I could probably tell you that. :wink.gif:
edit: To clarify, the server is just an element of the total website. We need someone to set it up professionally as I am personally having trouble finding time to administer all the tiny details. When we re-launch, it needs to be redone and I can't do that myself.