Come join us at CoalCraft! With a great community, a rich, unpopulated outer terrain, an amazing arena, and some great players, we are MOST CERTAINLY the server you are looking for, standing out against the hundreds of options we know you are looking into! Join us for a Minecraft experience that will remain fun for as long as you play!
All of our staff is hand picked, with only veteran and trusted players moderating your Minecraft experience. They are dedicated to making your game the best it can be. No moderator has access to creative mode, exp bottles, world edit, or item/enchant commands in the survival world, so there is no need to worry about fighting people with unlimited supplies!
The Creative Server[
New members can use this small side server to play in the arenas and your builds, but only trusted members can access its full potential. Our trusted members can use the creative server to test their small redstone designs, play in the arena, participate in building competitions, or perhaps just build for the fun of it when they get bored of survival for a while.
Our New Player Policy
New players are admitted with the tag "new". A "new" player can become a "member" by filling out the form at the bottom of the page. A "new" player can also become a member if the player becomes a trusted community player.
Why you should Choose us
- Small community. Most every regular player in the network knows each other by name.
- Huge border. There is enough room in our map for everyone to have a very private living space if they so choose.
- Very clear rules. You can always know if something is legal on our server or not. If there is any confusion, our staff will be happy to help clarify.
- Open LogBlock access. Anyone can lookup block history and see who has been doing what in their area.
- Tough mcMMO leveling. It is twice as hard to get mcMMO levels, so there are far less people with overpowered abilities and weapons.
- Massive grief prevention. You never have to fear grief. If it ever happens, our powerful rollback system will make it seem like it never did. Also, players can request free protections on their areas.
- Open to new ideas. We are always ready to consider or accept your suggestions to the network.
- Organized staff with easy ban lookup. All of our staff reports any grief, spam, hack, or any punishable action to a special section of our forums. Any member can look to see who is banned, muted, jailed, or if anyone has a criminal history.
Creations by Our Players
Some plugins and rules
1.) No griefing
Grief on CoalCraft includes, but is not limited to:
A. Placing or destroying blocks within a 5 block radius (x and z) around any structure, regardless of height (y)*1
B. Destroying blocks placed by another player (excluding things like single placed dirt blocks, jumpstacks, etc)
C. Destroying blocks within a claimed area (claimed by fences, iron bars, etc.)
D. Stealing crops from another player’s farm
E. Jumpstacking (Jumping and placing blocks under you to move your player up) into/onto a player’s building. This includes using ANY type of block edit to gain access to another players build.
F. Setting fire on a player’s structure or that spreads to a player’s structure.
G. No terrain griefing*2 Other Notes on Griefing
- If during PvP, any block that can be destroyed with a single click will not be punished as grief if it is replaced exactly as it was after the fight. If you are the victor of the fight, you are expected to repair 1-click damage done by all players in the fight.
- Structures that are world generated can be "griefed” unless they are claimed. *2 *3 Examples include villages, or strongholds.
- Respect peoples personal space. Please do not build a house overly close to someone just to annoy them.
- First time offenses of minor crimes are VERY occasionally unpunishable. Although, it is the players responsibility to know the rules. *1. Building over someones underground base or mine is excusable if you do not know where said mine or base is at the time.
*2. Terrain griefing is mostly a matter of personal opinion. This will mostly be determined by the staff if it is bothering someone. Some examples of terrain griefing: Randomly placing singular blocks over an unbuilt area, cutting down the bottom half of a forest, lighting a forest on fire, dumping lava and water is random places, etc.
*3. to "claim” something is to encase it in a built material. This mostly includes making a building on the area you wish to protect, but it can be classified as being encasing an average sized area in fence.
To sum it up, if you use common sense, and steer clear of unknown structures, you will be fine!
2.) No Hacking
A. This bans the use of any modified client (ex: Nodus client, optifine, full bright mods, minimaps, other X-ray mods, aimbots, etc.)
B. No use of clear or full bright texture packs.
*1. This can be qualified as any change to the files on your computer to give you an advantage over another player.
In short, keep your minecraft with force update, and you have no need to fear!
3.) No Spamming
A. Repetition of a message or a very similar message, requesting teleports to the same player multiple times, calling out a players name multiple times, and flooding the chat with repeated letters (ex: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) is considered spam, and can be punished with a mute. A continued mail or TP request spam after mute can result in temporary jail or ban. B. Typing in all caps is punished in the same manner. If something or someone in the game has made you angry, and you respond to that with excessive caps, you will be muted for a few minuets to calm down.
Just have some sense and respect when using the server chat!
4.) Use Respect at all Times
A. We realize everyone is entitled to some rage, and that you will not like everyone on the server. However, we will not tolerate blatant disrespect. Constant verbal harassment (PvP attack is perfectly OK) can result in a mute or further punishments. B. Disrespect of administration is never acceptable. Comply with all administrators. Do not argue with a final verdict, or question our need for you to take an action at our request. All of our intentions and deeds are for the good of the server (Administration is marked by the rank [Admin] or [Owner])
Just don't try to start a rage war, and if someone does try to, just ignore it!
5.) No Combat Logging
A. Leaving the game when another player attacks you *2
B. Leaving the game to have yourself from a mob attack *2
C. Leaving the game to stop fall damage
D. Leaving the game for any reason to save the life or health of your player.
*1. This can be punished by an immediate jail, and possible sweep of your inventory. Saying you lagged out is not a valid excuse. *2
*2. In these cases, your only valid excuse for lag is if you log back on within a few seconds (20 at the most)
Basically, just don't try to leave the game to save your items or levels. Be virtuous!
6.) Do not abuse plugins
A. Exploiting a glitch in the server's software B. Trying to get around certain plugins C. Grinding mcMMO *1
*1. This could be, but is not limited to… - Repetitively killing a friend to get your combat skill up - Making a mob spawner dark room with a mob trap (Only combat dark rooms and dungeon grinders are acceptable!) We define mcMMO grinding as boosting your skill levels with little or no risk to yourself
In short, don't try to bend the system.
As a summary, just play fair, be nice, and stay away from other people's builds.
Our Policy for Rule Breakers
Ignorance is not a viable excuse for trusted players. It is your responsibility to know and understand these rules. You may debate (calmly and reasonably) for your cause on any of these matters, but, as always, the final decision lays with the staff. It is not our responsibility to update you on changes to these policies, and therefore you must constantly read and check up on them to stay up to date.
You can be punished with bans, kicks, mutes, jail, and in game fines depending on rules broken.
- WorldEdit, WorldGuard
- PvP Arena
(Not complete list)
NOTE: Afraid of being greifed? Don't be! With LogBlock, we can undo any grief in seconds, and ban the griefer right away! Also, we protect your builds FOR FREE! Any good house (Made by you) Can be protected so only YOU and friends of your choosing can edit blocks or open chests in that area!
Apply to become a member here. Please fill out this from completely and honestly. Our staff will review your application and consider its validity and weight.