The Lord of the Craft is an immersive roleplaying experience that uses minecraft as a platform for our player-made fantasy universe. Featuring custom built worlds, lore, and plugins all designed specifically to provide the most enjoyable roleplaying experience possible.
Logging into mc.lotc.co isn’t joining another multiplayer server, it means delving into a new world where you are free to create a home, open a shop, war with nations, start or end families, study the Arcane, adventure in unexplored dungeons, or whatever your heart desires! Lord of the Craft is completely free and completely open for your own addition to our story.
We play in a beautiful minecraft world that is designed specifically for our needs, by our own staff and players. Custom built plugins provide minecraft with an atmosphere of fantasy, creating possibly the most immersive experience you can have in a videogame. Some of the plugins we’ve built for LotC are: ~ | ~ Shops/auctioneer - Playermade shops and auctions for higher value items ~ | ~ Book Database - Easy access to books including the use of bookshelves ~ | ~ Personas - Create a unique character with far more detail than just a custom skin ~ | ~ Nexus Professions - Beefing up your profession with skills bonuses. Become a master of anything from farming to swordsmanship ~ | ~ Nexus Magic - Unique effects and a magical edge in combat or roleplay ~ | ~ Soulstones - Teleport long distances from anywhere to pillars set up around the world
alongside a huge number of others like Roleplay Essentials, Knockout, NPCs and custom donor perks
From the very beginning our history has been moulded by our players and there is a mountain of multifaceted and in-depth background to our world and the characters within. Cultures, genealogies, historical events, and even languages have been recorded in detail and can be perused on our extensive WIKI.
You can watch this video to see our canon history abridged, or to make the full Ancient History even briefer: There was nothing but empty void into which a Creator assembled a world and in it placed four brothers. They fought against the Daemon Iblees who loathed them until his eventual defeat and banishment to the Nether. The Daemon placed curses upon the men and their children and in retaliation the Creator gifted to each one a racial blessing.
Elves were born of their father Malin and blessed with long life and peace within their forests. Iblees cursed them with infertility.
Orcswere born of Krug and given valor and honour. Iblees scorched their skin and cursed them with relentless lust for war.
Humansdescended from Horen are promised with living forever in the Seven Skies and Iblees cursed them with short lives.
Dwarves are sons of Urguan. Hardy and stubborn, Iblees cursed them with shortness and an insatiable greed for riches.
Those aren’t the only playable characters, but to find out more about the weird and wonderful creatures and beings in the LordoftheCraft you will have to apply to experience for yourself.
Roleplaying is so much more than just putting on a character, it's storytelling, theatre, cooperative-literature and a personal journey into your character, yourself and the whole community. Thousands of players from all over the world take to the stage as a character in a story of otherworldly possibility. So the most important factor is YOU the player. With over 1 million forum posts, 4 years online and nearly 50,000 registered members from more than 140 countries, we’ve built an incredibly strong and colourful community.
Our goal is to continue to be a place where players may learn to roleplay in a friendly and familiar environment as well as providing a place for more experienced roleplayers to enjoy for years to come. LotC is a true testament to how anyone can make a difference and the community has been shaping the way the game is played since the server released in 2011. And everything we do is fuelled by volunteers and donations, meaning that LotC has been and always will be free to everyone.
But if you do wish to support us and make a donation, there’s some lovely little perks that will come your way as our attempt to say “thankyou”. A boost to your in-game finances, new mechanics like locking chests and crafting lifts and bridges, additional persona slots for multiple characters, and even particle effects and fireworks to put on a show.
We really love our world and take great measures to protect against griefing builds and trolling our players. So to get on you are required to complete a whitelist application that demonstrates that you understand our rules and are capable at roleplaying with your own character. It will only take 24 hours to receive feedback, and even before you are approved you can log into our server to have a look around. None of the players will be able to see or interact with you, which is why you are called a “wandering soul” until your application is accepted.
Applications are handled on our Forum. In fact, just about everything takes place on our forums. There’s action 24 hours a day 7 days a week with game updates, nation planning, and forum roleplay that unites all timezones. So to get involved right away you can register a new forum accountand dive into the Lord of the Craft universe.
Did you attend minecon and sign up at the LOTC booth?:No
How old are you?:17
Time-Zone/Country of Residence: Est. Florida
Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?:Yes
Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself:I am from Florida. I am in 11th grade. I LOVE MINECRAFT
How much time could you be on the server weekly?: 7 hours a week
What do you know about Roleplaying? What is it?: I was in a preforming arts school. Role play to me is when you act like a character and forget about how you would react and do what your character would do.
In your own Words, describe what Metagaming and Powergaming are: Metagaming is speaking out of character and Powergaming is when you make your character overpowering, EX. he can never die
What do you expect this server will be like?:From what i have seen and heard it sounds fun even more when you donate. It would be a test to what i learned from my school also.
What other server(s) have you played on and why did you leave them?: Lycosa Gaming(has been removed)Friends severs(no point)
Have you read, understood, and agreed to the rules?: Yes I agree to all rules.
How did you hear about us?:From Radon/Soundbisect
What is your The Lord Of Craft forum account name?: Zemues
Character Name: UxHal
What is your Race?:Orc
Biography(This should include the history of your character and his life as well as age, appearance and personality, etc.):
Uxhals family consisted of him, his two brothers and his parents. Taught by his father he learned how to master an axe at the early age of six, he had a decent childhood not to poor, and not to rich. He was very kind, everyone in his town admired him, and his family was respected.
When he was only eleven he found his true love. He thought he was set, but at the age of thirteen UxHal's town was unexpectedly attacked by dwarves, his parents were killed and his love was taken away. Luckily his brothers protected him, and he managed to survive the fight.
Now after training with his brothers for nine years he is finally is strong, and he does not seek revenge, he only wants to find his true love again.
Out in the Wilds, your character comes across a small cottage. Outside, there appears to be an elf struggling combat with two bandits. What does your character do? He will help the elf and try to befriend him.
Your character walks up to a shop in the middle of Al'Khazar. "Hello, my good sir!" says the shop owner. "What may I help you with today?" How does your character answer? May you sell me Diamond Axe kind sir?
-Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?:
Yes I do.
-Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself:
I'm creative when it comes to building, writing and drawing. I am also a big fan of RP and Minecraft.
-How much time could you be on the server weekly?:
5 days a week.
-How long have you played minecraft?:
-What do you know about roleplaying? How long have you been doing it? What kind?:
I have roleplayed for years in DnD and WoW. Mostly crafting my character's story in a static environment-- made it that much more thrilling.
-What do you expect this server will be like?:
Organized and beatuiful-- something amazing.
-What other server(s) have you played on and why did you leave them?:
I've played on my friend's for a year, however it changed power frequently and wasn't stable in the least.
-Have you read, understood, and agreed to the rules? What about the lore?:
Yes and yes.
-Name the 4 races on this server.
Orc, Elf, Dwarf and Human.
-How did you hear about us?:
-Did you vote?:
-What was your favourite Law?:
Theft being punishable.
-What was your least favourite Law?:
There isn't really one-- they're all just.
-What is your The Lord Of Craft forum account name?
"Baenol", with the title "the Badger", or just "Badgers".
-What is your Race?:
For the conditions of the server, elf definitely looks good.
-Lordofthecraft.net/forum forum account:
I came from a city island called "Coppergale". The island's rule came from a temple and tower filled with religious monks from the "Temple of the Rose". The monks' main goal was to cleanse the island from its "taint". As the years went by, more and more people either fell into the rule of the monks, or they were slaughtered. ...Most of what has been expected in my life was to make Coppergale a better place to live.Originally a pacifist, I have instead found an alternative to war, which has been a reoccurring theme in the surrounding area. This alternative was a way to help forge a defense against the many kingdoms which stood against Coppergale. Placed within the heart of the Diamond Pike village, I sat working on a new form of power: steam. However, that dream was cut short.To the south of the city, Aerilias, the sky nation, has been crafting an airship platoon-- schematics which have been taken from me by an Aerilian spy. Their ultimate goal was to conform the eastern isle of Coppergale into a Skyport-- a facility to place troops on the front line against the city.The west of the city stood a hard kingdom, called Sejin City. Ruled under a tyrannical dictator, who he claimed himself "King Sejin", the city has been closed off by outsiders. Until only recently, Sejin has opened his walls and has forced construction on the nearby land. Unfortunately, due to the close proximity of Sejin City with Coppergale, his construction has been creeping up on the plots which stand under Coppergale. A few encampments have been placed in the city borders and spies have been dispatched in the city limits.Finally, a newer nation, Seawatch stands on the coast northwest of Coppergale. Originally, a peaceful nation, created for the harboring of sailors, Seawatch now has fallen under command of Sejin. The Captain Guard of Seawatch has forged a pact with Sejin, sharing power between the two nations. Due to the weak will of the Captain Guard, he was easily dispatched as second-in-command and full command was given to Sejin.((This actually happened on the previous server I was on))Now sitting on the brink of a four-nation war as well as facing the internal forces against Coppergale, I have now brought myself onto the fray. Using my schematics against the nations, I have luckily brought down most of their ranks. Unfortunately, the airships of Aerilias have brought down half the city's food supplies. Now, crippled by hunger, the unfortunate civilians have turned over to the forces of the Temple of the Rose.
Tall, lanky, blue eyes and shrouded face with a regal blue color covering the body. The armor is adorned with small silver and stone amounts, carved personally.
Calm yet cynical, and willing to follow orders when given.
To forge a kingdom of my own. Of course, branched out under a main kingdom.
-Can your character read or write?:
-Can your character mine?:
-Are you a capable builder?
Very much so.
-Can you wield a sword?:
The farmiest of farming of course.
-Does your character have any special skills?:
He's very creative when it comes to crafting and building, and is very clever when it comes to creating traps and puzzles.
-A screenshot of your skin:
Here's a video months ago about what I'm capable of (of course much more has been done).
- Time-Zone/Country of Residence: -5 GMT / US Eastern
- Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?: Yes
- Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself: Tall 6'5" 230 lbs (overweight x_X). An extremely high cholesterol. Still in College.
- How much time could you be on the server weekly?: Tues-Friday nights, Saturday.
- How long have you played minecraft?: At least a year 1/2
- What do you know about roleplaying? How long have you been doing it? What kind?: One word. Dungeons and Dragons. Always a Dwarf (ironic that im 6'5"?), sometimes a Human. Always a warrior with a mining background. RPing within games? 5 years / RPing within D&D? 15.
- What do you expect this server will be like?: I hope its going to be as good as I have heard it is, along with getting a lot more friends.
- What other server(s) have you played on and why did you leave them?: My first ever server was Pixelville, when the owner left, he left it to me, I ran it for a year until I could no longer pay it myself, I co-owned with 3 others to keep up server rent, I miss it greatly. Recently It was deleted by a series of hackers. Forever gone.
- Have you read, understood, and agreed to the rules? What about the lore?: I understand all the rules. I really like the lore, very good detail explained. Read around forums. Will continue to do so.
- Name the 4 races on this server. Human, Dwarf, Elf, and Orc. Also I've seen Undead and Ascended as the sub-races.
- How did you hear about us?: Through people that visited and played on Pixelville.
- Did you vote?: Yes I did. And Will continue to do so.
- What was your favourite Law?: I have a few actually, the No griefing policy (always had issues with them no matter what in MC). Also the 'no l337' speak. It annoys the hell out of me. RP is RP, don't waste it.
- What was your least favourite Law?: "you must keep in character" I will admit, I love to RP, but there are certain instances where one must speak as himself or herself to get a point across.
- What is your The Lord Of Craft forum account name? Lancer_Vance
- Character Name: Boindil of the Flying Axes Clan
- What is your Race?: Dwarf
- Lordofthecraft.net/forum, forum account: Lancer_Vance
- Biography: Me farthen (father) was named Uhnfred the Battleken, an epic axeman. Unfortunetly he died before I was born in a great battle..theres been many of those. (Will Continue later)
- Character Age: 138 Considered Middle-Aged
- Character Appearance: 5'4" 240 lbs. Good Build, Built for War, mining, and building. Dark Hair with a touch of grey settling in. Scar on left eye (battle scar).
- Character Personality: Tempermental at times, toward Elves (he doesn't like them too much), toward orcs (will attack on sight unless held back), toward humans (will trade with them but don't expect to help them fight). Toward Dwarves? We are kin.
- Your ambitions: To build grand and epic castles, whether they are above or below ground. And to mine in the deepest of pits for jewels and riches, in which to make even grander builds.
- Can your character read or write?: Yes, but he doesn't really like to write that much, however one must read if one is to follow directions to locations. Specially maps.
- Can your character mine?: Extremely well, if not, I would not call myself a Dwarf. It is who I am.
- Are you a capable builder? Extremely. (See Screens in 'Skills' Below.)
- Can you wield a sword?: If need be, yes, but I prefer Axes. Axes do some beautiful things to orcs.
- Enjoy Farming?: Not so much, One must eat, but I prefer mead, and some bread doesn't hurt.
- Other Information: (I have been an owner of several servers, mainly BF2 back in the day, and owner of 1 minecraft server (Pixelville). This doesn't mean I am going to tell you how to run things, thats not it at all, but If you need additional admins, you may put me to the test.)
- Time-Zone/Country of Residence: Central/Wisconsin
- Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?: Yes, I'd like to think so, however, that doesn't mean I do not make mistakes.
- Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself: I am just your average 15 year-old from Wisconsin. I'm class president and I play on the golf team. I heard about LotC and decided to join.
- How much time could you be on the server weekly?: 20 hours
- How long have you played minecraft?: At least 6-8 months now
- What do you know about roleplaying? How long have you been doing it? What kind?: I used to be an admin on The Vault RP and I know a lot of the RP rules like "New-Life rule". I also know a lot of common errors in RP. The Vault was a Fallout Roleplay server and I was in it for about 7 months.
- What do you expect this server will be like?: I have heard many good things. I expect to see many structures and premium rp.
- What other server(s) have you played on and why did you leave them?: The Vault RP was the only other server I was on and I left it because a lot of the leaders were corrupt to the point where they wouldn't even hear my side of an argument when most of the time it was a simple misunderstanding.
- Have you read, understood, and agreed to the rules? What about the lore?: Yes.
- Name the 4 races on this server: Dwarf, human, elf, orc
- How did you hear about us?: I saw many youtube videos about you guys and you guys are always on the server list.
- Did you vote?: Yes
- What was your favourite Law?:
• Using soulstones to escape combat or arrest is illegal.-Buildings must adhere to the structural architecture of the area, if you are
designing a new structure it must look functional and attractive. Buildings that block paths, destroy the atmosphere, serve no purpose
or are an eyesore will be removed after a warning.
- What was your least favourite Law?:
• You must have a forum account to apply and then play on the server; it is recommended to check the forums frequently
- What is your The Lord Of Craft forum account name? Fillyy
- Character Name: Nick_Cravetzer
- What is your Race?: Human
- Lordofthecraft.net/forum, forum account: Fillyy
Nick Cravetzer is a simple man. His family was never killed and he is not seeking revenge. His father passed away 5 years ago, from his old age and he decided that he should do all that he can to help his aging mother, so he currently visits her often. Nick was born into a loving family. His dad was a logger and he took Nick into the family trade as a teenager but Nick could be considered a logger long before that. He would follow his dad through the woods and they would talk about life. In fact most of Nick's "life-lessons" were taught in the woods behind his house. Sometimes Nick and his father would go hunting back there and not very often did they have any luck. Nick and his father were the worst hunters. They had to fun of a time talking to each other and sharing each other's company. In fact, most of Nick's "life-lessons" were taught while hunting with his father.
- Character Age: 35
- Character Appearance: Nick is a muscular man. He has fairly light skin, considering he is from the north. Nick has short brown hair and a stubble of a beard that he allows to grow. He wears fairly decent clothes but he never really cared what he looked like to others.
- Character Personality: Nick is a loving man. His family always taught him that "Love is the only rational act" and Nick believes it. He may be too quick to open up to others, and so sometimes he gets hurt. He is very caring and compassionate, especially toward all of the people in his life. Nick would rather talk things out than fight but if it comes to it, Nick can fight and win. No he is not the best fighter in the land, but his big build and axe usually scare away anyone that starts a fight with such a loving person.
- Your ambitions: Nick wishes to help his mother through the rest of her life after his father's death. He wishes to own the same home that he lived in as a child and to raise a family there and instill the same values in his children as his father did to him so many years ago.
- Can your character read or write?: Yes, he was taught by his father at a young age.
- Can your character mine?: Not very efficiently but if he had to, he could.
- Are you a capable builder? Yes, a lot of his work in the logging business has taught him many tricks of the carpentry trade. This is because the logs he would chop down were mostly used to build homes nearby and so he would sometimes visit and learn things.
- Can you wield a sword?: Yes he can. He is no expert but as every young boy once does, he dreamed of becoming a swordsman and so he practiced. This practice lead to his moderate ability to wield a sword.
- Enjoy Farming?: No, his mother always did the farming in his family and now that he has to do it for her, he hates it even more. Farming has always been a "woman's job" in his eyes.
- Does your character have any special skills?: He is a very proficient logger from his years as a logger with his father. He also has good "people skills" and works very well when talking to others.