I get why people are complaining about constantly dying in the C-Block, mostly because I am the one doing it >:biggrin.gif:.
I used to be C as well. I used to be killed once every 30 minutes, if not more. But guess what? I'm free now, and I didn't get there whining and crying.
So here are my tips to not making yourself a target in C foyer.
1. Move from safe zone to safe zone, On the left side of the foyer there are 3 non pvp areas close together. Someone like myself isn't going to wait around for you.
2. Don't collect many stacks of sellable items in 1 trip. That way, if you die there's less heartbreak for you and less loot for us.
3. Dont wear/hold items others may want. This means that if you are wearing iron armour, you are probably going to be a bigger target, as it shows you feel secure and carry around more loot.
4. Run to the block shop. Walking makes you a huge target. You are just to easy to pick off.
5. Check to see if a guard is around before making a break for it. We target guards over prisoners most of the time and they will take the attention off you.
6. Dont act like a noob. If you get attacked or you're cornered in a safezone, yelling "OMFG! HALP MEH GARDS IM BEING ATTAKED BY A FREE PERSON WIFF DIAMOND ARMOUR!" isn't going to help you at all. It's only going to provoke your death because noobs raging is just that funny.
And as for boosting guards power, I don't think it's a good idea. You already have the advantage of always having fresh armour and instant food and healing. If you're complaining about enchants, why not play an event and earn one?
2) Your age:17
3) How long have you been playing the server? (Minimum of 3 days) 2.5 week
4) Have you read the Server, Prison, and Guard Rules? yes
5) Any experience with the prison genre? its very fun, its a good challenge
6) What is your general location? (USA, Europe, Asia, etc.) europe, Netherlands
7) Why are you the best choice for guard? ill make sure everyone follows the rules and help other people if the have questions or problems
This is going to be denied :sad.gif:
Reread the guard rules and revise your app
I totally agree with Jarod. I was a C prisoner once too, I'm also free. I had hatred from 4-5 people who killed me whenever I walked out of the no-pvp zone. I eventually learned how to maneuver my way through the non-pvp zones by, looking for anyone who obviously has a sword or armor, running to the furnace shop, looking again, going to the food shop, then the block shop. Don't think that us frees kill you for no reason. We've been killed so much when we were C prisoners, and hell yeah it sucks. But no need to *****, it is happen to be a pvp server.
2) Your age:14
3) How long have you been playing the server? (Minimum of 3 days): 2 months
4) Have you read the Server, Prison, and Guard Rules? Yes
5) Any experience with the prison genre? Only this server
6) What is your general location? (USA, Europe, Asia, etc.)US
7) Why are you the best choice for guard? I may not be the best fighter, but I promise not to abuse my powers
Approximate time of ban: 4:15 EST 1/15/2012 (Month/Day/year)
Why you deserve to be unbanned: I was not Xraying, I was just on a mining streak and I had found a bunch of diamonds in the netherrack mine by going down the ladder and just making a straight line to the next ladder. Just previously I had been only mining netherrack, and after having mined over 60 stacks, I needed diamonds for tools so I just went around looking for diamonds. Xraying would do no good anyway seeing as the server as anti-xray mods causing any xrays to become useless.
Any additional information: I don't even have an xray texture pack or mod installed, how could I have been xraying? Also, i really like this server and have been working really hard and playing for a really long time, I am a good person because I don't spam chat, or break any rules. Besides, the only thing that xraying would do is ruin my experience, it would be just as bad as being instantly free. I want to go through the game slowly and then when I become free it feels much better