Sakura was a former SMP I was apart of back in 2015 and spent a great deal of time with. We were a group of friends who all enjoyed playing Minecraft, as well as other games. Fast forward more than 5 years, the group fell apart as we all entered college and started our careers. I am going to start it up again in hopes build another really solid friend group. It's been about 5 years since I have played Minecraft but I have been enjoying it in single-player for the last few months. I've decided that I am tired of joining someone's SMP server just for it to go offline in 2-3 months and the group fades away. Keeping active and stable is very important to me. If that is something that is key to you too then this group is for you!
I have set up a pretty massive and beefy server for this for a couple of reasons. One, I personally am a very technical Minecraft player and tend to build massive and ridiculous farms and builds requiring this accommodation. The server is currently online and ready for a group of players to log in and explore the world. Personally, I am very excited to start a brand new Minecraft world that I know will last for years like Sakura's past have. I want to share that with others as it is a great time to jump in and start from scratch with everyone.
I have deliberately chosen a seed that has a very nice layout of a central "spawn town" or shopping district similar to what other SMP's do. It would be really cool to eventually have everyone specializing in something which can provide value to the other community members. Staying closer to spawn during the start should hopefully keep players interacting with one another. However, if you want to venture off and explore and come back later that is fine too.
Everyone in Sakura is an adult and has the real-world duties that come along with that. I don't expect any minimum playtime as real life should always come first. However, I would like when you have time to jump in discord voice chat with the group and either hang out and chat or maybe collaborate on some joint effort project or something. Basically, attempt to be social within the Sakura community. Anyway, enough rambling about the back story of this community and the future goals I have for it. You will learn more about it later anyway.
- Respect each other. Everyone in Sakura is an adult and should know where the line between jokes and disrespect is. Use your best judgment. Do not grief or steal from any of the fellow Sakura members without their consent. Backups currently run every 15 minutes with long-term archival backups running every 6 hours therefore this shouldn't ever be a problem.
- Do not use any hacks, x-ray, or duplication exploits within the game. If you have a question about anything don't hesitate to ask me or another administrator.
- PVP is only allowed when both party's consent. No randomly killing people. That's not nice.
- You must be of age 18+ to be on the server. Unless you are vouched by a longer-term member of the Sakura community.
- Lastly, use common sense. I like Sakura to be drama-free and stay that way. We are all here to waste some time playing video games and have a fun time.
How to Apply?
To apply to Sakura, I have set up a custom Discord bot that automates most of the application process. You can find a link to the Sakura Community discord server at the bottom of this forum thread. Once you have joined the discord, simply react to the message in the #apply-here channel and follow the bot's instructions.
Applications are usually processed within 4-6 hours of submission depending on how far off from Eastern Standard Time they are submitted in. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me on my discord server.