Inspired by Hermitcraft, Morven is a private vanilla SMP server with a nation/district system. Our goal is to establish an active, long-term community, focused on creating artistic and creative builds. Every part of our server is community based and controlled, from elected admins, player organized events, suggestions and voting on server changes, and even choosing who we accept into the server. The world was generated in 1.15.2, 4 months ago, and Nether was reset on June 26 with the 1.16 update.
- Events - Some events we have had recently; a tournament, court sessions, a wedding, elections and debate, and an elaborate treasure hunt of clues and puzzles.
- Community Control - Our community is focused around the players, open to new ideas and the creative freedom to try new things. Almost everything about the server is handled democratically. Players get to vote on admins, server changes, and even who gets accepted into the server.
- Admin Accountability - Every part of the server management has been divided among the owners and elected admins. All actions are discussed and watched over, as a checks and balances system. Also as I guarantee of fair play, owners with console access to the server stream all their gameplay on Twitch, where the VODs can be seen by anyone.
- Legal System - All rules breaking (excluding crimes that give an instant ban), disputes among players, appeals, and any other grievances go to court. There will be opportunities to present a prosecution and a defense, and the Judge will decide guilt and punishment. All crimes will go on the players public and permanent record.
- Nations - All players will be placed into one of six nations based on build theme. This is not meant to restrict your builds, but to group you with like minded players. Nations have features like their own spawn area, leaders, and separate means of communication. Nations can essentially operate as their own little SMPs. Other than the build theme, players in a nation live relatively close to each other, work together/collaborate on projects, and are together in team based events.
Click Here - Server website; includes all server information, and theme examples.
How to Join
Click Here - Fill out the application with some basic information.
You will receive a friend request from me (Legend#7977) on Discord within 24 hours.
Be prepared for a short interview (voice or chat is up to you).
Assuming you get accepted, the main part of the application will be the first two weeks you play on the server. At the end of the two weeks, the community will vote to either promote you to an official member, or kick you from the server.