The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
* RiverStyx 1.15 Minecraft Challenge *
RiverStyx Minecraft Server is hosting a competition open to all whitelisted members. The competition will take place in a "New World" (aka new map) using Minecraft 1.15. The previous RiverStyx 1.14.4 Minecraft world will be archived and maade available for download, but no longer playable online at RiverStyx. New players may be recruited and whitelisted to participate.
RiverStyx recruits and accepts new players who are 27 years old, or mature enough to play well with older people. Younger friends and family of existing members are also accepted if the existing member is responsible for their behavior.
RiverStyx expects version 1.15 Minecraft release on December 10, 2019. After the server converts to MC 1.15, the competition start date and time will be announced to all members via Discord.
The competition shall end after Minecraft 1.16 releases. RiverStyx will announce the end date and time prior to end. 1.16 will be a long term new map.
RiverStyx will create a new world for the competition using an unpublished and secret "Seed" selected for the game. The seed will not be known to any player.
"Natural Regneration" (NR) will be set to off to increase the game challenge. Eating will only fill the "Hunger Bar". Damaged health will not heal over time by using hunger. Regeneration may be accomplished by "Golden Apple", "Potion of Instant Health", "Potion of Regeneration", etc. However, NR will still work normally in the Nether or the End.
Two (2) Mod DataPaks will be installed:
1) Defeating the Dragon drops an Elytra.
2) One person sleeping causes the whole world to begin a new day.
The winning team shall be awarded two (2) shulker boxes for each player at the beginning of the new 1.16 world. Play well, don't die, have fun and may the best Minecraft players win.
1) Two or more teams will compete for the highest combined Minecraft score.
2) Teams shall constist of two (2) or more players.
3) RiverStyx shall select players for each Team.
a- Teams may request specific players.
b- Players may be randomly assigned.
4) RiverStyx will establish private Discord Voice Chat channels for each Team.
5) Each team may select their own name.
6) Team members shall belong to their team until the end of the game or until a member quits the team.
7) RiverStyx may re-assign players if necessary
8) Each team is free to play together, separate, or otherwise.
9) One player from each team shall be granted "Admin" privileges.
a- Team Captain is the member with Admin.
b- If the Captain quits another member will be given Admin.
c- Admin allows teams to monitor other teams for use of cheats.
1) Team score is the sum of each team member score.
a- If a team member quits their score shall be reset to zero.
b- A replacement team member score shall be reset to zero.
c- A transfered (or swapped) team member shall retain their score.
2) Team with the highest score at the competition end wins.
3) Scoring shall be calculated by Minecraft game mechanics (quantity of XP gained).
a- MC resets XP to zero at death.
b- Using XP to enchant does not reduce the player score.
4) Player Versus Player (PVP) is prohibited.
a- Players using PVP during competition shall be penalized.
b- PVP Victims shall have any lost points restored.
c- Use of traps is considered PVP and is prohibited.
d- Accidental damage to another player is not considered PVP
e- Intentional damage to player-built structures or player-owned "Non-Player Character" NPC (animals, villagers, etc) to gain competitive advantage is PVP.
1) Killing the dragon or any hosile mob is not considered PVP
5) Players shall not use "cheats" or Commands during competition.
a- Use of commands may be monitored by RiverStyx or team captains.
b- Teams using commands to cheat shall be disqualified from winning the competition.
6) Team members do not have to play in the same area, or at the same time, with each other.
7) In the event of teams attempting to obtain the same resource at the same time, the first team to arrive shall be given the opportunity.
8) This is a game.
If interested, please leave the following info:
IGN: (in game name)
Age: (most of our members are 27+)
Country: (All are welcome)
Sex: (Not important, just stuck my foot in my mouth too many times, some ign's are confusing)
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Feel like I should give some backstory to why our server is doing a double reset for 1.15 and 1.16. Every since the announcement of 1.16, our members have dropped off, most losing inspiration. The ones left are excited for the upcoming releases, and looking forward to starting a fresh map for 1.16. To carry us til that release, we've decided to reset the map to a new seed and do the above challenge while inviting new members. If you're looking for a friendly community, and up for a little MC challenge in between now and 1.16 come talk to us. 1.15 is due for release tomorrow the 10th. so we plan on starting this map this coming Saturday. RiverStyx would love to have those ppl looking for a mature server and a upcoming long term map for 1.16.