Elevate is a Vanilla+ SMP server with an enthusiastic community of players from all over the world who enjoy playing Minecraft and growing together as a community. With the release of Minecraft 1.15 on the horizon, we have decided to take a fresh start (new map as of 10/12/19) and open up for recruiting. We want this to be a place where you can relax, learn from people of different Minecraft backgrounds and make some new friends in the process.
In addition to the primary SMP server, we are also working to create a separate creative testing world where players can work on creative builds or technical redstone projects together. This serves as a space for newer players to learn from more experienced players and generally practice your skills somewhere other than a solo world where you can not leverage the expertise of your fellow server members.
Why Join Elevate?
Elevate is currently restricted to players who are 18+. The majority of our members play a variety of different games and come from all corners of the world.
The server is currently whitelisted, the goal of this is to prevent griefing, hacking, etc. We have a zero tolerance policy with griefing, hacked clients, etc. and have several systems set up to track malicious activity.
We are currently a small and vibrant community with around 10 active players not including myself and 30+ unique players that have joined the server within the month or so it has been live.
We will update to the latest game versions as they release.
We use discord (this is a must for all members).
Features and player experience expectations listed below.
Join the Discord!
https://discord.gg/QnG6jYz - Join the discord for further information on community events, server rules, industrial projects and our ever-growing shopping district (images above and below).
Features & Player Experience:
The server runs on Spigot and features mostly staff-related plugins for server management. We do have some general quality of life data packs as well; these are all from the popular Hermitcraft member Xisumavoid's Vanilla Tweaks and are listed below in further detail.
Datapacks include one player sleeping, Ender Dragon drops elytra, egg and head, shulker mob drops two shells, mobs drop head, among others.
All members are engaged in a full survival experience, with no additional permissions granted to Admin or Mods other than the ability to monitor and ban players if necessary.
We recently began using Dynmap on the server in order to encourage player interaction and make it easier for members to collaborate on projects: https://tinyurl.com/uxc5e9g
Other General Features:
Render distance set at 20 chunks which tends to provide a very visually appealing player experience.
Difficulty is set to hard and includes a slightly above average mob cap.
Mob grief is enabled (although we do use an anti-grief datapack for Endermen).
Fire spread is turned off.
Inventory is dropped upon death.
World border is currently set at 20k x 20k.
Basic Rules on the Server:
We would prefer members that are 18+.
Exceptions ARE MADE by staff and community on a case-by-case basis.
No griefing or stealing from other players.
Swearing is allowed, any racial or inappropriate sexual comments, etc. are not allowed.
AFK farms, zero tick farms and TNT dupers are allowed so long as you do not lag the server (this is usually not an issue).
Keep areas looking natural when farming materials (i.e. no floating trees, demolished and uneven terrain, fix creeper holes, etc.)
Do not build on top of other players. Once you are a member you will receive access to a google doc with land claims, farm coordinates, etc. which provides further details on this topic.
Several members of the server are very competent redstone engineers. If building an automatic farm or other contraption, we are always more than willing to help. Our one ask with redstone devices is that you do your best to cover them with visually appealing structures (to a minimal extent but just to maintain the visual integrity of the server). Same applies to perimeters.
See above for a personal base which utilizes an airfield design to hide a 20 layer mob farm, super smelter, cobble generator, zero tick sugar cane farm and several other contraptions. This is an extreme example and is the product of a very experienced member who contributed countless hours to the project (not the standard we expect).
(Given the current volume of applications via the forum and discord we are selecting only the strongest applications which show genuine effort)
Where part of the world are you from:
Tell us about yourself:
How active will you be?:
Have you been banned from a server before (and if so why)?:
What are you looking for in your Minecraft experience and what can we do to fulfill that?:
What makes your application unique and what will you bring to the server (don't stress)?:
Examples of previous builds are much appreciated and go a long way with our Staff:
- Tell us a bit about yourself: Im a avid Minecraft player since 2011 and have had past building experience in teams such as Athion, BlockbyBlock and many smaller build teams. I have a passion for football and am a ride or die Browns fan. I love the outdoors as well and could spend my life out there.
- How active will you be?: 2-3 hours per day.
- Have you ever been banned from a private server?: No.
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): Building, lots of building. I will also be active and do my best to contribute and make the community stronger. I would love a opportunity to show my worth.
(I understand I do not fit the age requirement but I promise you give me a chance you wont regret it)
- Tell us a bit about yourself: Have been playing since 2009. Do many big projects involving redstone and buildings. Love servers that people appreciate the builds i do and the redstone machines i create
- How active will you be?: Can be on most days
- Have you ever been banned from a private server?: Never
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): Many Automatic machines and do many big projects to help the server out
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Hello! I've been looking for a new SMP to join as the one I as on previously died out. Just hopping to find a small community I can chill on from time to time.
- What should we call you?:
Stosh or AJ whatever floats your boat
- Country + Timezone:
EST (GMT -4)
- Tell us a bit about yourself:
I'm currently in college and I've been playing minecraft for years. I love to listen to music and I'm mostly pretty introverted. I have been a head builder for many servers in the past and I loooove to build and create creative contraptions on the servers I play on
- How active will you be?:
I may not be on every single day but I will try my best since I may have a lot of work to do for class that day. I will probably be more active on the weekends. I will however be active every single day on a discord if there is one
- Have you ever been banned from a private server?:
I have not
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress):
Like I mentioned before I have held many builder positions in the past. Hopefully I could build some awesome creations!
Any other questions or comments?:
- Past builds or contraptions (images/videos) (Optional):
- Where part of the world are you from: The Americas
- Tell us about yourself: I build simple things that don't take up too much space horizontally. I usually go on lil' adventures far away for loot. I also love to help others with anything should the need arise.
- How active will you be?: I'll almost always be free on weekends. Since I have college I'll probably be on mostly on Wednesdays and Mondays
- What do you think you can bring to the server?
Honestly I won't know until I see what y'all do. I could just lend a hand as mentioned before.
- Tell us about yourself:basically a noob to minecraft, looking for a multiplayer experience/place to learn more.
- How active will you be?: pretty frequently during the evening/late night hours
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): as stated im pretty fresh to alot of things, but maybe some people enjoy having a fresh face around. i also dont mind long mining sessions for resources so if anyone takes on big projects or needs a hand i would be more than happy to help.
- Where part of the world are you from: Rainy ol' England.
- Tell us about yourself: I am Johnny I use to be a big minecraft player but ended up taking a bit of a break when i started work 3 years ago, felt like i should see what I am missed and why not do it here with people its better joining people than adventuring alone. I do also play a lot of PlayStation games as well. I have seen all of the MCU films in the theatres too. if that would give us stuff to talk about.
- How active will you be?: Hopefully I can be active 3 days per week. though i work nights I'm trying to work my body clock into a better day time thing.
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): A great knowledge of the game if you went back in time where anything could kill you. oh wait that's still the thing. and i guess i would like to do joined projects. would be a cool idea.
- Where part of the world are you from: The United States
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a 20 year old college student currently studying Journalism (Previously Computer Science) in the good ol' south of the United States. I pretty much spend all my time playing games like League of Legends, Minecraft, and Dungeons and Dragons, as well as studying and writing. I've been playing Minecraft for a solid few years, and was looking for a new SMP to join after the last one I was in unfortunately went under.
- How active will you be?: I tend to play usually once per 1-2 days, for differing durations depending on whatever I'm doing as well as my schedule. As a student, it obviously will vary depending on assignments and other factors, but I will always make an effort to remain active.
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): I love building new environments through terraforming. Its my favorite thing to do in this game, and something that I like to combine with some form of community interaction. I like to think I have a good sense of community and I try my hardest to incorporate things into my builds that might encourage new activities.
- Tell us about yourself: I'm 26, nearly 27. I have two children, boy and a girl, ages 6 and 2. And me and my little family are planning to move to Canada in a few years. I haven't played on a minecraft server for a few months now, my last one shut down and I wasn't really feeling to jump back in straight away,
- How active will you be?: I'll probably be on most days
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): I like getting involved with the community and helping where I can, I'm not one for huge builds, I like to keep it simple and work on smaller details
- Where part of the world are you from:Virgina EST but will play mainly mornings during the week.
- Tell us about yourself: I have one kid and a wife andlove playing minecraft
- How active will you be?:will play mainly mornings during the week./ as much as i can.
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): not much the last year or so i have only played bedrock. But i hated it so im back on the pc with java. i do like redstone and cityscapes
- Tell us about yourself: I'm currently on a year break from school, will be moving to a new country next year. I'm an artist, I make most of my money from drawing and spend a lot of my time trying to doodle and create. I enjoy minecraft because I can still be creative without putting a pen to paper, which I need a break from sometimes. I'm friendly, a bit shy at first, but I do get comfortable fairly quickly. I left my last server since I felt so out of place, I didn't really click with anyone there, I've spent a while without a server, but I'm ready to try again!
- How active will you be?: I'll be on most days, might miss a couple days here and there. I'm not currently busy at all right now, but I'm hoping to get a job soon, so I might be a little less active at some point, but I'll keep playing.
- What do you think you can bring to the server? (don't stress): I'll be able to help out with building and gathering materials as needed. On one of the servers I was on I built the nether hub, so I have some experience with community builds. I'm mostly a builder, not so good at redstone.
- Where part of the world are you from: USA (Central)
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a pretty chill individual for the most part & I'm really bad at talking about myself so feels bad. I mostly play Overwatch but I've always enjoyed a vanilla Minecraft server from time to time. I am so unbelievably bored of all other games right now so I figured I'd give this a go.
- How active will you be?: I'll be able to be active mostly in the mornings/afternoons on weekdays.
- What do you think you can bring to the server?: I'm decent at building and I'm always willing to help people out if I can. I also have some friends joining as well.