Tenderwood is a new survival server that started August 14th 2019. We aim to keep the vanilla flavor with a bit of extras for ease of life and enjoyment. So you will find this is a very simple and easy going server. Tenderwood is an open to the public server, no whitelisting. We could come up with some story to peak your interest, but I'll let you take a look at our features and rules below to decide if Tenderwood is right for you.
Difficulty: This is a hard mode server, it keeps players more challenged and engaged.
Starting Kit: You will start with a simple kit to get you out and on your way. Spawn may be safe but once you step into the world you'll be fighting to survive.
Wilderness: Get started quickly by using /wild to teleport to the wilderness.
Anti-Grief: We use a popular plugin to allow players to make their own claimed areas where they can keep their build and items safe.
World Border: Yes we use a border, but it is large and should give players around 576,000,000 blocks of space to play in! This will be expanded as needed.
Sleep Voting: Only 55% of players need to sleep for night to get skipped. Yes, phantoms are still enabled!
Mob Hunting: Collect the heads from every mob type, earn new achievements and cash to spend in our shops.
Shops: We have item shops that are easily command accessed.
Player Shops: Players are able to make their own GUI based shops.
PvP Area: While this is a PvE server, we do offer an arena in where you can fight each other just for fun.
Spleef: A classic Minecraft mini-game. We have a very simple spleef arena for everyone to enjoy.
Teleporting: Having to walk days to go trade with another person is a pain, we solve this by allowing you to teleport to other players or back to spawn if needed.
Tree Chopping: Don't waste time collecting wood for your build, cut them down quickly. Or, if you prefer the vanilla way, you can toggle this option at any time.
Chairs: We have a chairs plugin that lets players sit on steps, slabs, and carpets, just for that added RP fun.
Discord: Keep in touch with everyone outside of the game and stay updated with server news.
Web Store: We use Tebex aka BuyCraft to handle our store. No purchases are ever required to enjoy the server. Any purchase will give at least donor rank.
Hosted Server: We use a host for our server, this isn't a home ran machine. Server is located in Texas.
Paper: While a hosted server is a step in the right direction, a server needs to be optimized to keep things running smooth. We use Paper to help with this.
Default Rank: This is the standard rank and what everyone starts with.
Donor Rank: Any purchase or donation no matter how big or small in our webstore, will get you promoted to this rank. - Inherits default rank - Permanent colored chat - Ability to use chat color & format codes - Change your nickname, color & format allowed
VIP Rank: - Inherits default rank - Ability to use chat color & format codes - Change your nickname, color & format allowed - [VIP] Prefix - Permanent colored chat - Access to particle wings - Access to particle trails & effects - 3 /sethome's - Your own head to collect or trade with others - Returns to donor rank after expiring
Keep chat civil, watch your language. (Cursing, slurs, etc...)
No cheats, hacks, use of exploits, or mods that give an unfair advantage. (Minimap is acceptable)
Do not grief, steal, or scam.
No automatic redstone systems.
Don't build on top of others or too close to spawn.
- Overhaul of this server posting
- Adjusted ranks
- Added a 5th voting site
- Adjusted claim blocks earn rate
- Added Nether farm
- Added sleep and chairs plugins
- Lots of small changes, all info on discord
Several small updates and 3 new features. Vote leaderboard, PvP Arena w/ leaderboard, and a Spleef Arena now added for some extra fun. Players will not lose items or levels in these areas. Players in PvP have a small chance of getting the head of their victims.
- Updated server jar
- Updated anti-dupe plugin
- Added wither skeleton head to vote shop
- Added elytra to vote shop
- Added an optimization plugin
- Removed one of the AFK messages and return messages
- Added some extra announcement messages
- Mobs now give you money on kill, this is a random value mostly 1-15, some lower, some higher
- Fix an issue where achievements were not working, had to reset the database for this. All players will be starting fresh on these achievements.
- All players balance set to $0
- Added commands, bal, baltop, pay, mh money buy/sell, mh achievements
- Added command mh mute, this will toggle the rewards in chat.(edited)
Some recent changes:
- Added a few more vote sites, adjusted vote shop
- Added new tab things
- Ping plugin removed, new tab has a ping in it
- An economy shop is in the works... has a few issues and a LOT of setup left before it is ready
- Added death coordinates plugin, you can now see where you died, and can now pay to teleport back to the spot you died if it is safe ($500) price will be adjust to keep pace with economy (you earn money by killing mobs and trading with others)
- Updated server jar
- Updated 2 plugins
- Fixed /wild's range to better match the border & adjusted distance from player claims to where it will attempt to send a player.
- Reset /wild uses to 0
- Lootcrate plugin fix and will be installing soon!
- Added music bot for discord
- Set roles in discord for those new VIP and Mod roles
Lootcrates have been successfully added. You may stumble across them in newly generated chunks. Here is how they work. They look like tiny chests. They can only spawn on grass, dirt, and sand for now. Sorry snow people, I've already asked for this to be added. Also, they only spawn in the overworld.
- Right click on the crate to pick it up.
- While holding the crate right click to place and open it up.
- Pick 4 spots
- Reveal your chosen spots to see what you got
- Close the chest by hitting E or Esc, the items will be moved to your inventory or dropped if it is full.
- Added item shops so players can spend their money earned from trades and mob kills.
- Added Player Shops so players now have the ability to open their own shops and mange them.
- Updated the thread information and layout.
- Updated plugin for the tab list
- Removed shulker box from common lootcrate, replaced it with cobwebs
- Lowered the amount of shulker boxes in all crates
- Updated server jar to latest build
- Upgraded server RAM
- Temporarily removed a plugin due to update issues
- Updated claims flag plugin, Trident vanishing when hitting players should be fixed
- Added a plugin to help fix a known bug related to respawn screen
- Changed Anti-Cheats, let me know of any issues if found
- Adjusted voted message to match new reward.
- On top of the 10 claim blocks per vote, you will now also earn $5 per vote.
- Lowered shop creation price from $1000 to $750
- Updated a plugin
- Updated server jar
- Custom player heads for décor are now added to the shop!
- Lowered the cost of death teleport from $500 to $250.
- Updated Server to latest build
- Removed 32 Obsidian from Legendary Crate
- Added Zombie Horse Spawn Egg to Legendary Crate
- Removed a bad enchant from Knight Slayer's Trident found in Legendary Crates
- Removed Mending book from Ultra Crate
- Added Infinity book to Ultra Crate
- Increased amount of loot crates in the buycraft store from 2, to 3 crates per package
- Decreased prices of Claim Blocks significantly in the buycraft store
- Updated Anti-Cheat (Let me know of any issues you can recreate, so they can be reported for fixing)
- Updated pillager plugin
- VIP particle limit increased from 3 to 4 effects
- Fixed issue in webstore, Rare and Ultra crates were listed wrong
- Fixed some voting sites not giving the new $5 reward.
Halloween Building Contest It’s time for our first competition! So, to kick things off, we will be going with a Halloween theme. Build anything Halloween related! Cats, pumpkins, witches, haunted houses, spooky forest, etc...
- 1st Place - $2,000 & 1,000 Claim Blocks
- 2nd Place - $1,000 & 500 Claim Blocks
- 3rd Place - $500 & 250 Claim Blocks
*This is not an actual cash value but an amount for the server economy plugin.*
1. Do not copy from YouTube or any other media (Build guides, etc...)
2. Do not interfere with another person's build, this will be considered griefing and result in a ban.
3. You may team up for a build, any prize won will be for the team as a whole and split among the team.
This competition will begin on October 1st and end on October 31st. This gives you a full month to gather your materials and build. Judging by the Admins will happen after the contest is over.