The Skyvele Network, founded in 2019 with a simple goal in mind, to offer the best experience possible to players that enjoy skyblock, but with many twists that give a whole new meaning to the gamemode. We pride ourselves on offering truly custom and well-polished experiences to our users!
So, to the fun stuff now, what makes Skyvele truly unique. I believe the strongest point of the server is its unique unlocking and upgrading system and in general the feeling of having your own area that's filled with life (NPCs, many details, etc.).
1. When you first create your island you will be teleported to your island's starter area which contains 4 (?) extra unlockable areas, various NPCs, secrets and much more. You cannot edit this starter area as of now but I plan on adding customization options in future updates. You can freely build after the bridges that you can find at the very edges of your island.
2. The unlockable areas offer a sense of progression once unlocked and give the player access to more features and things they can do on their island. There are currently 4 unlockable areas, the lounge, the mining center, the storehouse, and the shards dealer basement. Each unlockable costs in-game balance and once unlocked it will let you further progress into the game and lore.
3. Mining Expeditions are a unique way to obtain crates aka loot boxes. To start mining expeditions you must first unlock the mining center unlockable area. Once unlocked you'll be able to send out various tiers of "expeditions", which require a specific time to arrive back at your mining center and also have a chance to succeed/fail. If the mining expedition was successful you'll accordingly receive a loot box which you can open for rewards. There are 5 tiers of mining expeditions, easy, normal, hard, heroic and dark zone which is a premium currency expedition (requires special tokens which you can get through voting, open other loot boxes and donating).
4. Dark Zone, the dark zone expedition is the top tier expedition and has a 90% chance to succeed (compared to the lesser percentages in lower tiers), due to it being a premium currency expedition. The dark zone loot box, as you might've guessed offers the top rewards such as powerful spawners, store vouchers, and special items called "Dark Zone Items". Each dark zone item has a special ability, such as the "Dark Zone Blade" having a leap ability, the pickaxe having a "Shard Miner" ability and so on.
5. Shards is a custom currency on the server that can be obtained through killing mobs, voting, and opening loot boxes. Shards can also be obtained by destroying mushrooms on your starter island and dusting away cobwebs on your starter island. The mushrooms and cobwebs will occasionally re-generate so you can get more shards. You can use shards to buy various items such as spawners, sell wands, etc. To spend your shards you must first unlock the shards dealer area on your island.
I believe I have mentioned all of the core features above, even though there's a ton more to experience which I believe would be best to do on your own. I'd appreciate any kind of constructive criticism. Thanks for reading.