(This servers features only use Vanilla in-game commands that have been developed over 3 years!)
Welcome to Kingdoms of the Earth 1.14! If you dislike servers that allow grief but you still like the idea of impermanence, PvP, and the rise and fall of civilizations, then this server is for you!
We have created a unique balanced system, using in-game commands, called Dynamic Cities. This allows players to craft a City Core and start their own City; which greatly reduces the capabilities of griefers!
Level up your City by growing it's population to extend its reach, provide boosts to your citizens, and unlock unique Roles for your population!
Cities will actively defend against hostile players by attacking them and reducing their ability to grief builds, even if no one is online! They will also alert all citizens that are online if there is a Hostile in the area!
Once your City is high enough Level, you can form a Kingdom, which unlocks Team Chat and allows Citizens to respawn at the City if they die without a bed! You can also flag other Cities in the world as Hostile or Allied!
The world is fairly large and will grow bigger slowly over time. Since there is no tpa, we have also designed a system called Warp Relays! This allows players to build simple, yet expensive, structures in the world that link together and allow teleportation between 2 points!
- SET YOUR BED PROPERLY IN A SAFE LOCATION TO SET YOUR RESPAWN.
- JOT DOWN IMPORTANT COORDS.
- DO NOT SHARE IMPORTANT COORDS WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T TRUST!
- PvP and griefing is a thing. However, it is discouraged to do it against your own Kingdom. City Leaders and the Cities themselves have the power to flag other players as Hostile, which is a massive reduction in griefing capability!
- Admins will not tp you anywhere. Use the Warp Relays feature to tp.
- The world map is 7.5k+ x 7.5k+. Not too big and not too small. It grows slowly over time in size!
- Players wanting to play with friends will need to actually coordinate with their friend to meet up at a location.
1. Be respectful.
2. No mods or hacks.
3. Have fun!
- Reduced server draw distance from an awesome 14 to a normal 10.
- Basic World Spawn is 88% completed. Completely functional.
- Fixed Anti-AFK fishing. I completely missed a scoreboard value that I never assigned. Great job on exploiting it, but it no longer works!
- Old Players can receive loot kits of their choice. Just contact @I3ladeDragon for now
- Changed Java arguments. Our Xms (minimal usage of RAM) went down from 10GB to 5k MB to 2.5k MB.
- Changed our network compression threshold from 256 to 64. This may help us out with the lag (and lag) since we are a global server with people connecting from all parts of the world (US/Canada East & West, Europe, Scandinavia, Australia).
- AFK time is now bumped to 20 minutes until kick instead of 10. Now you can (probably) write a book without getting kicked!
- TNT under detector rails gets removed.
- City Cores are now easier to place. It will assign the nearest player as City Owner (be careful!) and you still should probably place it at the same block height you are standing.
- Fixed Role assignment in the Role Assignment section of the City Books. (Just kidding!)
- Cities now gain their ID properly again. (Self Reminder: DO NOT FORGET ANY MASTER STARTING VALUES!)
- Role assignment from books now works properly! (For Reals!)
- City Core attacks fixed themselves? May have been a 1.13.2 issue fixed in 1.14. (Tested)
- ANY PLAYER that is not the Owner of the City that breaks Obsidian around a City Core will now be automatically flagged as Hostile.
- Mining Fatigue bars now mostly work! For up to 12 people online at once (got too lazy to code anymore than that for now... lol)!
NEXT ON THE AGENDA:
1. Fix how Hostile players are flagged; carrot on a stick rather than a book.
2. Have City Cores health increase with their level.
3. Prevent City Owner from creating an ownerless City.
4. Nerf Mob Farms.
5. Long distance alerts for Level 3 Citizens of Hostiles at their City.
6. Hostiles gaining spectral effect if damaged at a Level 3 City.
7. Rewrite how books are given to Citizens who go near the City Core.