Citizens & Landmarks Update - New Landmark/Citizen: Forge/Blacksmith (Level 4)
Provides Smeltery workstations, and an NPC that Nation members can complete the Smeltery tutorial at. - New Citizen: Fletcher (Level 6)
Sells Fletchery Knives, and allows Nation members to complete the Fletchery tutorial. - New Landmark/Citizen: Kitchen/Chef (Level 8)
Provides Cooking workstations, and an NPC that Nation members can complete the Cooking tutorial at. - New Landmark/Citizen: Tannery/Leatherworker (Level 9)
Provides Tannery workstations, and an NPC that Nation members can complete the Tannery tutorial at. - New Landmark/Citizen: Brewery/Brewmaster (Level 30)
Provides Brewery workstations, and an NPC that Nation members can complete the Brewery tutorial at.
New Recipe GUI!
- Simply type /recipes in-game, for a list of all Smeltery, Tannery, Fletchery, Brewery (and when it launches, Magic) recipes right at your fingertips!
- Fixed a bug that was spamming players with the message "You've regained use of your hataoween ability!"
Holiday Update: The Festival of Chaos!
(October 25 - October 31)
- Costumes are now available for sale from the Festival Vendor in Nauru!
- A new holiday currency has been introduced: Chaos Corn. Use it to buy Costumes during the event!
- A new holiday questline is now available - speak with Little Timmy near the main square in Nauru to start it! All quests reward holiday currency:
- “CANDY CANDY CANDY!”
- “Stranger Danger”
- “Charlie and the Chaos Corn Factory (Daily)”
- “Children of the Corn Syrup (Daily)”
- “A Spoonful of Sugar (Daily)”
- “Top Secret “Flavoring” (Daily)”
- “Where’s Timmy?”
- “One-Way Ticket to Drakonfell”
- “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Cultist Gathering…”
- “Here’s TIMMY! (Group Daily)”
- Atlas now has a completely GUIfied menu! This menu should have all the basic commands and website links you'll need, in the form of a fancy button for you to click on!
- You can access this menu at any time by simply typing /menu!
Town Citizen Update
- Added No-Landmark versions of the Blacksmith, Chef, Leatherworker, and Brewmaster Town Citizens.
There are 2 major elements to spellcasting: Wands and Spellbooks.
Wands are held in the off-hand, while Spellbooks are held in the main hand. Right-clicking with these 2 items equipped will cast the requisite spell.
Casting spells costs Experience, as does crafting Spellbooks.
There is a brand new Magic tutorial! Speak with Archmage Rholla in Nauru to begin your training! (All players must complete the new tutorial to unlock the new Magic skill, even if they’ve trained in the old version.)
All old magic questlines in Nauru, Shen Zhengyi, Yukrovia, and the Wraithhold, are now available to all players! All prerequisites have been removed - speak with the Nauru NPCs to begin all 3 (Priestess Aki, High Templar Vargoth, and Devereaux.)
Old magic questlines now reward Spellbooks instead of Wands.
Wands are now a craftable item at any Crafting Table! Learn the recipe by completing the new Magic tutorial.
Different ores will create different Wands - which will result in varying attributes: Cast Speed, Cast Effectiveness, and Range.
Currently, only Iron, Gold, Diamond, and Emerald Wands exist - but we will be launching additional Wands in the future which use Smeltery Ingots.
To learn the recipe for Blank Spellbooks, as well as how to build Arcane Altars, complete the new Magic tutorial.
Right-clicking a Blank Spellbook on an Arcane Altar allows the player to begin *chanting* in order to create a usable Spellbook. All usable Spellbooks consist of 4 magic words.
While there are currently 30 “named” spells that players will unlock in their /recipes menu upon completing the tutorial, there are *hundreds* of additional spell variations! New combinations of words, and even *new* words, have the possibility of resulting in spells with varying attributes - only discoverable through trial and error!
- Since the Magic Tutorial is still currently bugged, all players now have access to the new Magic skill, regardless if they’ve completed the tutorial.
- To learn the specifics of how to use the new Magic skill, refer to this page: https://mc-atlas.com/magic.
- All players should now be able to properly view all Magic Spellbook recipes in the /recipes menu.
- The new Magic tutorial has been fixed! Speak with Archmage Rholla in Nauru to learn the skill and get started with a bunch of free spellbooks and levels!
- The World Map page on the website has been updated to the correct version of Athera: https://mc-atlas.com/atlasmap