Be warned: I have a long list of requirements. I'm not all that hopeful I'm going to find the server for me but might as well try right? I should probably just make my own server but that's too expensive for me.
1. No age requirement type thing. It's not that I'm young, I just don't like giving out my age and think that as long as you're mature, why not allow them on?
2. No requirements to have a skype or youtube channel.
3. No modded and keep it light on the plugins. Something plugins that only change the game in a very minor way I can handle, but I'd rather stay away from heavy plugins like McMMO. Limited command block involvement as well.
4. No non-whitelisted servers. They can be fun, but I'm more looking for a gated community type thing so you don't get random griefers or shitty people in general.
5. Pure survival. I don't want different gamemodes like skyblock or things like that. Just simple survival. I'd be alright if it was large biomes, but not flat world or extreme terrain. Flat is just boring and extreme terrain is a pain to navigate through.
6. Nothing too structured. People sometimes put way too much work into making their server "professional" with a long list of incredibly detailed rules and thinking they need to have a staff. Keep it simple, for rules, just write "don't be a ****." That should cover about all of it. I've never understood why whitelisted servers need staff. It implies they're more prestigious. Everyone should just be players, some having OP abilities in case of the rare emergency where one is needed.
7. Kind of going along with rule 6, people need to chill the f (can I swear on this site or no?) out. I've seen people freak out over someone just placing blocks in their base. If someone griefs you, I can understand getting angry, but it's also not the end of the world, it's just a game.
8. No no swearing rule. No excess swearing rule I'm alright with.
9. Please for the love of God, no smug/arrogant players. You know who I'm talking about. They're usually trying to show off to others how "mature" or "smart" they are and usually brag in some roundabout way about how great they are at building or redstone. It's usually the redstone types who have the problem.
That's about all I can think of. Will edit if I think of something elsee.