Silver Springs Survival is a small Minecraft server that is dedicated to bringing an enjoyable, "customized vanilla" experience to our players. We've been running for over four years, and in that time have devoted countless hours to fine-tuning our plugins, their configurations, and our way of doing things to make the experience unique, but still hold true to the simple vanilla Minecraft gameplay we have come to love and enjoy. We are fairly small, but our community is tight-knit, warm, and active. Some of the staff and players have been with us since the very beginning all of those years ago, and some were around even before that!
We use many of the staple plugins, including EssentialsX (with one /home available by default), LWC (with unlimited protections and autolocking chests), and a rebalanced mcMMO. Some of our other plugins include MobArena, PlayerHeads, and BookShelf. We also utilize Skript heavily to create entirely custom features that you won't find on any other server, including custom plugins, events, minigames, and unique MobArena classes with abilities.
Our gameplay and rules are simple: we use minimal plugins to moderate gameplay, and instead operate under the assumption of common sense. We have no Towny, but you are free to build in towns (or not) if you want. We have no land claiming, meaning you can build as you please and where you please, but you are expected to give people enough space and to not grief (you will be found and punished, we use Logblock and do not tolerate griefers).
Our rules (the ten commandments!) are as follows:
1. Do not grief or steal. If it's not specifically yours, don't touch it.
2. Respect other players and staff. Swearing is fine, but no sexism, racism, homophobia, or other hate speech.
3. Do not ask for op, staff, or creative. You won't get it.
4. Do not advertise other servers. Please report private message advertising.
5. Do not spam or write in ALL CAPS. Please only speak in English in main chat.
6. All grinders must have an off switch. Wither skeleton grinders, block farms (using Withers/ghasts/creepers), and automated chorus flower farms are not allowed.
7. Do not cheat, x-ray, or exploit glitches (ie item duplication). If you find a glitch or a bug, please report it to staff.
8. Do not use hacked clients. Optifine is acceptable, as are most minimaps, provided you don't use any cave finders.
9. No AFK machines or auto-fishers.
10. Don't use alt accounts for personal gain (e.g. as a teleport point, or to keep chunks loaded).
You will start off as a [Player] and become a [Member] once you have between 20-30 hours of playtime, depending on your behavior. We also have one donor rank; we keep the server running entirely on donations (and have for a long time), so the extra incentive is necessary to keep the server running. The single donor rank requires a $10 minimum donation, and it gives access to /hat, a donor-exclusive /nyan particle trail, a nifty [$] before your rank name in chat, one free public warp (you choose where it goes, and it will be listed in the server warps room), and an armor stand statue in the Donor Hall in spawn. If you'd like to donate, click here.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to the thread, or to send us a private message. Our staff members are listed below, in case you need help while online:
We've recently upgraded our Spigot to 1.8.8, updated a few plugins to more stable/feature rich versions, and the server is now running Java 8 instead of Java 7. This will give us access to more plugins in the future, as well as increase the server's stability. If you were having regular ping issues previously, hopefully these changes will help you!
As many of you may know we're having a build contest tomorrow (Saturday Dec. 5th) at aroooouuunnnddd 1 p.m. CST! (11 PST, 2 EST)
Some information about the contest:
-- It will be in CREATIVE!!
-- It will be held at a warp that WILL BE ANNOUNCED INGAME, BEFORE THE CONTEST STARTS!!
-- The theme will be CHRISTMAS HOUSES!!
- you can build whatever you want, but the only builds judged will be from the theme
-- You will have 2 HOURS to build your build!!
- you don't have to use the full 2 hours, but that is all the time you will have, if you think of something to add after the time is up - too bad.
-- All appropriate builds will be used in a later Christmas event!
-- COME WITH AN EMPTY INVENTORY
Some rules to know beforehand:
1) Don't build offensive/stupid symbols (swastikas, literally just a giant dong, etc)
2) Don't tamper with anyone else's builds! We have LogBlock! We will know!
3) All server rules apply. Basically don't do anything you wouldn't do in the normal world.
The Best 3 Builds Will Receive Monetary Rewards:
1st -- 50,000
2nd -- 25,000
3rd -- 10,000
You'll receive all these instructions in-game leading up to the contest! Be ready!
Lately we've been getting asked a lot about when we'll be resetting the map and if there's going to be a purge.
I'd like to start off by saying that we will not reset the map until 1.9 comes out. And it won't be reset until at least our core plugins are updated to 1.9 as well. Given that we have no hint of a date for 1.9 releasing, we have no set date for the reset. No set date for a reset means no set date for a purge. At any rate, the purge will be the week before we reset.
What is the purge? Basically think of it as a last minute goodbye to the map. A week of no rules (except chat rules) where you can blow up your builds (and everyone else's) and kill all your friends! We'll probably have a lot of fun killing you all as well. If you're worried about losing all your builds during the purge, don't worry, we'll make a backup before we kick off the purge. Also after the Purge we'll be resetting the map, so it won't really matter that everything is blown to smithereens.
So to recap: the reset won't be until 1.9 releases, 1.9 doesn't even have an ETA for the release, and the purge will not be until a week (or two) before we do reset.