... where you can register and apply for the whitelist.
Austeros runs on 1.7.10 MC and requires a Forge modded client and our core modpack. We support this with TechnicLauncher and two modpack versions: one core and one extended modpack, with graphical mods that are not necessarily required to play but greatly improve the gameplay experience.
We have carefully selected and configured our mods and generated Austeros with the help of the ClimateControl mod to a world sized of 40k*40k. This is what we prepared for you, the DFR community:
- Selected mods match the theme and lore of Fall from Heaven II, the lore we also use for our vanilla server worlds. The main mods focus on magic and ingenuity:
Thaumcraft 4, Witchery and Tinkers' Construct.
- Roleplay and PvE are our main objectives in this immense, multi-featured world. PvP isn't. Players can freely decide whether they wish their character to engage in PvP or not.
- Austeros is a 'dawn' world themed as a magical world somewhere in Ceridwen's indefinite vault, in between dream and reality, where the 'dreamers' (= players) are in control of their characters immortal lives.
- Three roleplay starting towns to encourage roleplay from the very start. These are characterized by character alignment on the 'Organization scale': Lawful - Organic - Chaotic. The three towns are called Vedfolnir, Ostara and Nidhogg respectively.
- Themes and styles of starting towns are rather unique for medieval fantasy MC worlds, see pictures in the second post!
- For a divine perspective on Austeros, check our dynmap.
- A carefully selected plugin set, in-line with the plugin set we use for our vanilla servers. Some of the main plugins: Towny, LWC, GriefPrevention, SignShop, ArmorWeight, Hydrate and DeathControl.
- Character development to enhance the RP-PVE and RPG experience is supported with racial traits of 11 (!) races, defined using RaC + MCMMO permissions, many of our mods special features and ... of course, through roleplay.
- Player loyalty and support (playtime and voting) is rewarded through a trusted rank system using AutoRank and a little in-game cash. Donators are rewarded similarly, plus they are allowed acces to additional races for character roleplay.
DawnFire Realms servers have already been up for over 4 years and served thousands of enthusiastic community members worldwide. Our highly customized vanilla world Somnium_Beta is still running today and is still home to many of our members. We offer a decent roleplayer base, experienced staff, a lore unique for MineCraft MPS, vanilla and modded gameplay environments based on carefully selected and tuned plugins (and mods) and highly custom configured and enriched with dedicated plugins and, most of all, an energizing and very inspiring community of mature players focussed on realistic immersive roleplay survival. We are always looking to strengthen our staff team. If you feel you could add to DawnFire Realms, either apply for a position as Aide (builder) or send a pm to a Seraph in case you're interested in helping out with coding, graphics and/or our wiki. Playing on our vanilla world Somnium doesn't require a whitelist application. If you prefer playing there, don't hesitate to do so. More info can be found in this thread and on our website.
Yes it would last time I played there was such a small map I nearly starved, I was the local horse mistress
Huh? Was that like, over 2 years ago, in the days of 'MineLife' preceding the 'DawnFire realms' era?
I joined the team when they launched their first 'DawnFire Realms' roleplay world: Valerian. That started in may 2013 and was quite big already with an 8k radius. Somnium Alpha was launched in march 2014 with 16k*16k. Still quite large if you consider we aimed for lots of roleplayer interaction. Somnium Beta, which is still up since september 2014, is 20k*20k. So ... plenty of food I guess.
The Praetor of Vednolfir, the honorbale Aela Milanthril, organized a welcoming banquet for all Souls that appeared on Austeros. Many of the lawful inhabitants of Vednolfir attended, and both the Ostari and Nidhoggi sent a serious delegation to represent their people and get acquainted to the folks in the other colonies. Here's a few screenshots of the aftermath.
Note that this Seraph couldn't join in to get some shots of the 10+ characters active in the banquet hall during dinner, sorry!
Vednolfir Palace banquet hall - venture of the welcoming banquet - Lucius, Nidhogg's Quartermaster, enjoying another desert
Aela and Vita, an Ostari diplomat, having a little one-on-one conversation after dinner
Vednolfir Palace banquet hall - venture of the welcoming banquet - Lucius having some desert
We disabled DeathControl as it appeared insufficiently compatible. We replaced it with a combination of tricks that still makes a character respawn in Trenton Memorial Hospital after a knockout, ensures hospitalization costs are charged for character, town and nation, all inventory (inlcuding mod slots!), is kept, and that experience orbs are partially lost. To reduce the potentila experience loss of a knockout, players with Baron and/or a Donator rank are granted the ability to store experience orbs in a bottle, at a small price.
For more detailed info, check the main announcement thread 'Austeros' on our website, which also includes a full changelog since launch.
Added Armourer's Workshop mod to both our core and graphics+ modpacks. This enables staff to create custom, detailed skins for weapons and armour. It's intended to spice up lore related items and events.
The RacesandClasses plugin is used for Austeros races and we plan to use this, and the additional races, for the next Somnium world (Omega) and Vesperus as well. If you wanna experience how our non-whitelised immersive roleplay survival works, join the Somnium Beta community!