What times can you guard? Monday-Friday usually from 8-10. Saturday-Sunday I guard as often as possible.
Do you have experience with prison-themed servers?: I have had more than 700 hours of experience since the last DDTS went down. I have also played on the previous DDTS.
Do you have any experience guarding?: I have had over 120 hours of experience in the last 2 months (That would be about 5 days of non stop playing. Obviously with some breaks in that time frame lol)
What makes you the best selection for guard?:
1) I am sure that I would be able to keep a professorial composure when on duty.
2) I have a large amount of experience with prison type servers. As well as good amount of experience with being guard.
3) I am a friendly person
4) I know how to make lists
5) I do have both Skype and TeamSpeak installed onto my computer so if the staff of the server needed it I would be more then happy to give it to them as a way to contact me.
6) Lastly. The reason that I am the best police applicant is because I know what I am getting into and that doesn't scare me. I also know that I want to make a difference on the server, in a different way than a normal player can.
Have you read ALL the rules, guard and prisoner?: I have. I have also bookmarked the rule page just in case I forget or need a reminder.
What is your current rank? Do you understand that we will need screenshot proof of it if you decide to resign?: My current rank is 3. And I have taken a screenshot if you really feel you need it.
Best of luck to all other people trying to get guard!
There were a few questions about PvP for plots in the courtyard. Here is the rule for it (AYF was busy so I decided to post until he has the OP updated).
If you are the owner of a courtyard plot, you may not PvP other players on your plot UNLESS you give a warning in chat for them to leave, and give them time to leave. If you do not warn them and kill the player on your plot, guards may kill you and it will be treated as if you were in a PvP zone.
Guards, make sure you watch for these warnings in chat before killing people in the courtyard. If the plot owner does not warn for people to get off their plot before killing them, kill the PvPer. Thanks guys.
In-game name: awesomedude314
Age: 16 (17 in March)
Current rank: Free
What is your timezone?: EST
How long have you been playing on the server (and did you play on the original server?) I started playing on DDTS in August 2011, and I have been playing the new server since the second day it came out.
Have you ever been banned from the server? No
If so, why? NA
What makes you the best choice for moderator?
I am the best choice for moderator for various reasons:
1) My personality: I am a very welcoming member of the community who always embraces new players, congratulates people on ranking up, and answers people's questions helping them in whatever way possible. I also have a very good sense of humor and try to make sure everybody can have a good time. Many of you have probably noticed that what I like to do most is have fun while following the rules and messing around all at once. My friends in real life always say how even when they might be down because of a low test grade or because of girlfriend/boyfriend problems, I can always make silly jokes that help them get over their despair, and for this reason many of them come talk to me when they are upset or need a friend to talk to. I am the type of person who doesn't only help out the general players but who also helps out the staff. I am the person you want to have when you need to resolve an issue and I am always willing to compromise and am able to get along with the staff during times of crisis.
2) Availability/Work Style: I have already been a very active player on the new server, playing many hours every day. I always am active and seem to be there when no other mods are there to catch people breaking rules in chat. The time I spend on the server is active time, meaning that I don't sit around AFK as some others might do, but rather, I am always attentive in chat and notice what everybody is saying. Similar to real life, I am a very hard worker in minecraft, and I pride myself on good work and a lot of it. I am the type of person that will go the extra mile to help those around me and to make sure we are all in a safe, but also fun, environment. As an aside, I am quick on my feet and know all the rules. I would be able to handle situations that might appear as foreign without panicking but rather with diligence. I know all the warns and commands needed in order to be a successful mod.
3) Experience: However, the thing that really does separate me from the rest of the applicants is my experience. I've been playing prison servers for almost 4 years now and have learned basically everything that comes along with them. Although never becoming staff on DDTS, I was very successful on Lockdown Prison. I was a Moderator on Lockdown for 6 months, before being promoted to Head Moderator for 2 months, and then Warden for my last 6 months. I have been in the action first-hand and have proven myself worthy of the task of being a Moderator. So the best thing that distinguishes me from others is the fact that everything I said about myself has been proven in history rather than in the hypothetical.
At the end of the day, all I desire and can ask for is to be given a chance. I have demonstrated myself before and if you do give me this opportunity, I promise you, I promise you, you will not regret it.
Are you known by any other usernames? If so which ones? WhiteTrashSwag is my alt, but I haven't signed on with it on the new server yet.
Thanks for taking the time to read my app, and I strongly recommend you consider me. It means a lot to me.