Your fate is determined by your own actions, and a little bit of luck.
I am creating a roleplaying server for casuals and pros alike to get together and form a well knit community of roleplay. im looking for mature individuals who want to be apart of a community as well, if youre interested then don't post here, but instead read the rules and visit www.legendsofazzaria.freeforums.org/ to join. once you submit your character you will be accepted and given the ip and whitelisted.
This is a Vanilla-Bukkit minecraft server meant for roleplay, using minecraft as a base for conveying multiple things in roleplay. people on the server will be portraying characters and acting "IC, In Character" for the pure fun of roleplaying. To get started on the server, you need to make an account on the forum and have a minecraft account already. Read over all the rules, they are of extreme importance. then when ready, make a character in the "Character Sheets" forum. you will get to choose from any of the 3 races provided (as of right now there is going to be no other races permitted, and try not to make a sub-race like 'High-elf' or 'Mountain-dwarf' they detract from what your character is). once your character has been accepted by a server admin or moderator, they will PM you and give you the IP to the server and whitelist you. you will then be able to log on and start roleplaying with fellow players.
please remember to act "IC, In character" through all interactions, and have an appropriate themed skin (no batman, or judge dredd, etc)
The Legend of Azzaria Minecraft Server Rules:
1. Obey and Listen to all Server Admins and Moderators, they can help with any question and can fulfill any request. they are the peacekeepers of the land.
2. No Griefing without consent of creator or owner. don't just destroy blocks in your way, find the owner to create or destroy on creations/ land.
3. No Stealing. I shouldn't have to reiterate this. even if you play a thief type character, you can never steal anything in the physical game; roleplay it out with fellow characters.
4. don't be hurtful out of character, if you really are upset, complain to a moderator. they are here to listen to you and your complaints, even if they don't want to. plus they may be able to help you in return, just try to be a good sport and don't be easily attached or easily offendable as well.
5. Make your characters realistic; no master magicians running around, especially new characters. for roleplayers, creating a powerful character to begin with is a pretty ban-able offense. you can be good at any skill but if someone wants to be a master at anything you need to work on it "In Character".
6. No Magic on Characters. no excuses. The Admins and Moderators can choose who has what kind of magic, but it will be sparse and hard to use. Magic is not the "Fix all" of fantasy.
7. have an appropriate skin for the server, use a fantasy skin appropriate for your race.
8. Don't try and find loopholes in the rules. if you have to question your actions, its probably not alright to do it.
1. No "Powergaming", the act of making your character powerful, with no weaknesses, or "leveling" your character faster than normal or what is accepted.
2. Mindless killing will not be tolerated
3. All PvP has to be roleplayed out, no minecraft PvP, it has to be stuff like *Slashes with his sword from his right hand down across (enemy name's) chest, trying to kill him* also take turns. this shouldn't be hard.
4. Use local chat for IC ONLY. Global is OOC ONLY. if you must use local for OOC, use these ((out of character stuff)). but don't use it a lot, only when necessary.
5. No Metagaming, using information or resources you have OOC to gain an advantage in knowledge, power, etc when IC.
6. Characters MUST follow the Medieval fantasy theme, technology is non existent.
To begin playing on the "Legends of Azzaria" Minecraft server you must post a character sheet in one of the Race Forums. choosing a race and character to play on the server. Then it must be accepted by a moderator or admin, you will then be given the IP through a PM and then whitelisted.
Basic Character Guidelines:
- Make characters with creative speech according to their Race or Culture.
- Create detailed characters, paint their appearance exactly how they would look with details and analysis
- you don't need tragedy in a backstory, just sayin.
- Be a lower class of character, and try restricting your character "In Game". this makes it more fun to play for everyone, especially yourself.
- Have a basic list of "Likes" and "Dislikes", this will make your character more dynamic.
- Try to be realistic. Not everyone can make an iron sword or pick, not everyone can brew potions or ale, or farm well, or cook, or build actual buildings. professions and necessity for other characters really builds an economy and conflict.
- if you cant build well, rent a place, or hire a builder.