In the latest Minecraft release of 1.7.10, users are now required to agree to their EULA in order to run a server. Mojang now requires that you accept the conditions of the EULA by agreeing to the terms in a file that is placed on your server labeled eula.txt. This is a simple text file and all that is required is to navigate to the file in your control panel and change the eula=false to eula=true. Once this is completed you will need to save the file then stop and start your server. You will only need to change this once and can continue to use your server as normal.
If you try to start your server without changing this setting you will see the following messages in your console:
[Server] Server thread/INFO You need to agree to the EULA in order to run the server. Go to eula.txt for more info.
[Server] Server thread/WARN Failed to load eula.txt
By default, all minecraftbox.com servers have eula set to true. If you do not agree with the eula, please kindly edit the eula.txt file and set it false.
I've been researching various hosts for several hours now, and I've decided its going to be either you or Fragnet. I'm posting this to your thread and theirs, in order to compare each side by side. Since its the dead of the night Saturday, I get the side benefit of being able to track the response time at night on a weekend.
I am looking to host a 25 man server. I expect 10-15 people online at peak times.
1) I plan to use the Pixelmon mod. Do you support it? (+1 kudos for supporting it)
2) I am not an IT expert. How difficult would it be to install and update mods, and if I had trouble, do you offer assistance?
3) Because of the hardware you use, and the mod/people I expect, what package would you recommend for a lag free experience?
4) What pricing would that recommended package cost? Are there promos/sales/discounts for annual plans?
5) If there is an issue with the server, (eg it goes down and I cannot restart,) how long maximum would it take to get a response to a ticket I submit?
6) What control panel do you use, and more importantly, why is it better than the alternatives?
7) Why should I choose your hosting over the selected competitor? What do you offer they don't?
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.