I just wanted to share my BisectHosting experience:
I had some issues upgrading my HermitPack to a new version. My world was completely reset, and none of my saves nor world folders would work. It just acted as if I were starting over. I googled/tried every fix I could find to no avail. I opened a ticket and the response times were instant. They backdated my server with the updated version of HermitPack and all is good now.
Several months ago, I began using Bisect Hosting. Being relatively new not only to Minecraft hosting, but to Minecraft itself, I needed much assistance. In short, the Bisect support team has exceeded all my expectations, and then some, often providing assistance well outside the scope of the services I pay for. Also, and given the fairly high performance demands I place on the server (175+ custom modpack, heavy use of resource intensive mods [e.g., Logistics Pipes, MineFactory Reloaded, AE2, Big Reactors, etc.], lots of bases and concurrent use), I am extremely satisfied with the performance and reliability of their services. Finally, I'm impressed with the quality of their management panel, ticketing system, and general UI.
I've been using Bisect for a couple of months now. During that time, they've never had a server outage, so my server has always been running. Everyone over there is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, so questions are always answered. They usually get back to me in about 20-40 minutes, the longest I've ever waited was an hour and a half, which is absolutely amazing compared to the other hosts I tried. Their servers preform amazingly, and I've never had any issues with lag. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an excellent server host that's always there for you.
I had a few people over to hang out and play Sky Factory 3 last night on the server Bisect is hosting for us. Part of the group had upgraded to the newest release of the modpack, so an update to the server seemed in order. I updated the server files but when I tried to relaunch it kept crashing. I tried a clean install of Forge and the modpack, with no luck. I reached out to Bisect for help and, after an unsuccessful back and forth while they tried to help me troubleshoot, they hopped in and just reinstalled Sky Factory themselves (a service beyond the support tier I'm signed up for).
In retrospect, I suspect the culprit was my FTP client; it seems to have been prematurely stopping uploads (especially if they included a large number of files, like, say, all the mods in a fresh install of a modpack). It was not obvious that it was doing this however (no indication in WinSCP that it had simply given up on uploading), so I could have easily been stumped for another couple hours if it wasn't for the help from the support team. As is, we were finally able to get on and accidentally let loose a wither on our not very well fortified sky island! :-P
In comparison to plenty of other hosts, bisecting host offers the best premium services for your money. With fast, polite and extremely helpful Staff it makes support look easy. Go with this host and forget about pulling your hair out over long ticket response times and useless Staff. The servers rarely see down-time and the hardware used within the servers is of top quality. The client panel is user friendly and informative. I have been with this host for years without issues so if you're considering these guys, i can 100% confirm they are reputable, reliable and customer oriented.
I've used Bisecthosting several times before, and I have to say, they are awesome! They have really prompt customer service - usually responding in under an hour, and are always kind and helpful. They have basically unbeatable pricing, especially for their budget plans (which are totally serviceable!).
Their actual service is great, too. I've never experienced any downtime with them, no major lag even with a significant modpack, and good ping even though the server is in Canada and I live in the USA.
All in all, I highly recommend Bisecthosting for your Minecraft hosting needs!
I've been with BisectHosting for close to 18 months now. I had a horrible experience with another server host (FluctisHosting) so I was relieved to find this company. They have assisted me through many tickets. My server quickly climbed to having 20 players within a few months. My record was close to 55 players on at a time, although the server couldn't handle that much capacity. It's a great place to start a server but if you plan to grow past 25-30 players you need to seriously optimize your server and consider upgrading to Dedicated down the road. I'm sure the same is for any shared host you find. Remember, they are great for starting a server but become slow if you ever grow. You can experience lag with anything over 25 players unless you have serious optimization.
I was able to start my server with a budget plan for $6 a month. I eventually upgraded to premium requiring an IP change.
I have researched just about all the Minecraft server hosts out there and this company by far offers the best deals. For one, the CPU's are much better than what you'll find on other hosts. Unlimited storage space is also a huge plus as many hosts restrict you to 5-10GB which is laughable. I've had my server go up to 70GB in size and never had a problem.
- Quick support. They usually respond within an hour or less. Most of the time it takes 30 minutes but sometimes it can take a few hours. Nothing like 24 hour responses you will find elsewhere.
- Friendly support. You'll quickly recognize the names of the employees if you do tickets over time. There's a handful of people but they are all nice. They aren't just strangers but people you'll recognize.
- Cheap plans. By far the best prices for what you get. Don't overpay with other hosts. Do research and come back to Bisect with the same conclusion I did.
- Plenty of storage space. You won't be limited to 2, 5, or 10GB storage space. Believe me, this happens with other hosts and isn't ever enough to host an actual server.
- Good uptime. I have never really had issues with downtime that is in part due to them. I have had one instance that the server kept crashing with not enough memory to launch the server but they were able to fix it. Most of the time you have issues it will be your fault.
- Fast CPUs.
- Not meant for large servers. Perhaps you could make something work but I never had that much luck. I ran into issues a lot with having 25+ players on. This might not be an issue if you don't have grinders like I did. Just remember all shared hosting will only be for beginning servers. As you grow you have to expand operation.
- Although the support are quick to respond, they are not always that helpful. Granted their job isn't to run a server (that's on us). Don't expect them to do much for you apart from file transfers, backup restoration, or maybe some general tips. They won't look deeply into performance issues or server lag for you. That is all basically up to you. Become friends with your server "Timings" and remove laggy plugins. They are here to help just don't expect them to do everything for you. You will ultimately be the one left to fix your issues. They are mainly here for technical support
Conclusion: If you want a cheap host to launch a server then give these guys a try. The chances of you being let down are really low. Just don't expect this to last forever. If you grow you'll have to pay more and more so keep that in mind.