The Obsidian Empire is an ongoing and ever changing community project. Our basis for being is to create a functioning, organised and creative society, where the user is free to create, yet everything is organised by a detailed master plan. No one user has utter power over anything and everything is done as a group effort. Unlike other servers where giant structures are usually created by mods, our moderation team has done very little in terms of expanding the size of our cities. The majority comes from all the hands that pass through our server, each contributing their own unique little share.
The structure of our moderation team is as follows; Scaarj - Head coordinator and real life construction expert (unavailable) Comrade_Seawolf - Admin and general friendly guy (unavailable) Lukeman40 - Admin and real life civil engineer Stickill - Admin and ever helpful mastermind Vechora - Moderator and mathematical extraordinaire Fluupi - Moderator and the team's noobie. Friendly and easy going fellow
Our moderation team is a well put together mix of differing individuals from around the world (mainly Europe) all sharing an equal vision; to create an ever expanding and interesting world for its users. Also, our chain of command has been set up in such a way that the load of tasks have been spread evenly, with each mod having a to do list that they must follow and complete as soon as they are able (generally they will get members to be creative and simply step into the role of an overseer). This stops the clan from falling apart if one mod leaves and also alleviates stress from any one mod, preventing them from becoming overburdened and wanting to leave.
We currently have the following mods running on our server to enhance the experience (rather like cocaine):
- (soon to be runecraft)
- (NPC Mod, sometime in the future)
A Brief History of the Obsidian Empire
The Empire was founded in approximately September 2010 by Ghostsniper64 and his friend Chucklz. Things have often been bumpy for us however we have always sprung back into life with renewed vigour. Ghostsniper64 was the head of the clan up until approximately December 2010 where the ownership shifted from Ghost to a relatively new player named Rapid131. This shift was because Ghost was no longer able to host the server and the slack was picked up by Rapid. However Rapid only handled the server for a short amount of time as he was running the server from his home computer and the same issues were going to occur. This was when Scaarj, one of the very first members of the Empire, stepped in. *Put the name of your favourite food at the end of question 3*. He took control and organised a dedicated server, along with private forums and a private ventrilo. He was also able to help keep the clan organised with some of his business and human resource management skills.
The clan now has approximately 20 active users with 60+ people whitelisted (this whitelist gets culled every once in a while). We have plans to continue expanding the clan until we hold an average of around 40 active users.
Also the server has had a very successful change of map during December 2010, now more organised and efficient.
Obviously, like most clans, we do not tolerate griefing of a server, even one not our own. However the values we hold close to our heart expand much more than just harbouring a severe distaste of those known as griefers. Some of these values include;
Friendliness or agreeableness. The community needs to be flowing as easily as it possibly can. Being friendly helps keep everything well lubricated. We also like to play other games together, so perhaps you'll be spending more time with the members of the Empire than you previously thought.
Sense of humour. Everyone in the Empire needs to know how to laugh. Laugh at themselves, laugh at their friends, laugh at the mods. Having a good sense of humour keeps everything fun and lets everyone relax from time to time (after all, that IS what most people play Minecraft for).
Respect. The ability to appreciate the opinions of other people. This is a major thing, no one person should ever assume dominance over another and we have kicked players for violation of this value.
Creativity. Creativity is a skill, one that has been trained from early on in each of our lives. It could be playing with lego or it could be building sandcastles with your siblings and friends. Creativity is what Minecraft is all about, so it is one of the things we have based our server around and what we love to see within our member base.
Organisation. Organisation is the single largest factor that sets us apart from other clans. We were created to be organised, like a city, rather than having various gigantic structures littering the map. We appreciate it when our members and applicants can demonstrate their level of organisation, generally by following protocol that has been set out.
Having a vision helps guide the decision making process. It shows us where the organisation wants to be and therefore helps highlight some of the steps along the way. It also helps keep everyone in line with what is to be accomplished.
Our vision is to be one of the most organised and economically successful clans there is. We want to focus on keeping our server a creative server with a large helping of a working economic system and a side of PVPRPG. At the moment we are still refining and expanding our economy, but are already looking ahead into the idea of having PVP nations within the server. Two small PVP villages are currently being established to test how PVP and battlegrounds will work within the server. To help expand the PVP element we are working on giving the entire moderation team super powers, making them super soldiers. Needless to say, super soldiers sounds like super fun. To expand the PVP aspect further, we are also looking into having rare armour/weapons, that are only attainable by completing team dungeons. *Put your favourite colour at the end of question 8*
To throw in a mix of RPG into the fray, our members, when they first spawn start off in a small village called Tenderfoot. Within Tenderfoot they can do some exploring, mining and building, however eventually they may get bored of this and want to settle in a larger district, there will be subtle paths towards the other cities. The path that they follow will start off linear and simple but slowly get more divided until each member can have had a differing experience. To keep players from simply, warping to new places, we will introduce travel by runecraft portals, along side a redstone combination lock. Players will be able to teleport to the main hub from any city, however they wont be able to travel from the main hub to other cities without first knowing the code. They can obtain the code by visiting the city by walking there. Along the way there will be monsters, traps and puzzles.
:Diamond:Remember, this is our VISION, not what we already see in the game. A large part of this is yet to be implemented, right now we are working on our economy, however this is the direction we are heading. If you enjoy the thought of this, join us and help us expand and create it.
We have long been experimenting with economic systems. Originally it started off as a very basic system in which people would trade items (that held a certain value) for lots. Each lot was valued differently and that was that. Now however we have begun expanding our economy to new heights. We would like to be one of the best servers for having a capable economy in place. *Capitalise the last word of your answer to question 5* We are attempting to privatise the economy at the moment with fairly high levels of success. This means that businesses have begun to flourish, trade between members and overall productivity is beginning to expand. Ultimately that means, more things for the user to do, less for us :smile.gif:.
Buying stock from the moderation team is slowly being worked out of the server. However it may never be allowed to fully disappear as some items are unobtainable. We have completely reworked our trading system to encourage users to start up shops and trade amongst themselves to get rich.
Below is our list of items that we will buy from you or sell to you, listed in Credits/Coins our money. These prices, while they can be subject to change, are fairly set in stone.
Note: "Buy" means how much you can get for selling the items to an admin or mod, whereas "Sell" is how much you can pay to get items from a admin or mod.
:Diamond:To apply to be a resident of The Obsidian Empire, you must fill out our application, found below. Please copy everything inside of the code box, paste it into your reply, and add your replies where "Answer goes here" is shown. To increase your chances of acceptance, please give as detailed an application as you can. We like to get to know our applicants before they join the server to play along side our residents. Remember our values, and try to prove them below.
[color=#BF0000]1. In-game/account name:[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]2. What's your age? (not utterly important, but nice to know):[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]3. Tell us a joke :smile.gif: (doesn't have to be short) :[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]4. We like pandas, do you?:[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]5. What kind of awesome talents do you exhibit when playing Minecraft?:[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]6. Describe an authority figure you know, this is to be someone you personally know. (Describe as in, give description of their characteristics, not just name them).:[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]7. What do you do outside of Minecraft?:[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]8. Where do you come from? What's your favourite things about where you live?:[/color] Answer goes here
[color=#BF0000]9. What are your moral principals? What do you hate when other people do? (Hard question I know):[/color] Answer and picture goes here
[color=#BF0000]10. Show us a picture, or describe something you've made inside or outside of Minecraft:[/color] Answer and picture goes here
After you have applied to join, you may have to wait a day or so to be accepted or denied. You will know if you have been accepted or denied when we have stated that the applications have been processed.
:Diamond:The Obsidian Empire is an ever growing community of people, all chipping in their own little piece of art work. We hold our values tight and have an emphasis on organisation. However we are all very friendly people with a good sense of humour once you get to know us. We also enjoy playing other games with each other and still enjoy having fun in real life (obviously lol). Enjoy and I hope you get a chance to experience it.
Our server IP is 1.obsidianempire.net however you need to be whitelisted to join.
1. Preferred name: Mrbaconaneggs
2. In-game/account name: Mrbaconaneggs
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): To personal but i'll say april 1995 no day.
4. Gender (this is optional): male
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: build and farm also working at store and markets. Possibly banks.
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: great farming abilitys and building. *Sasuage*
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: looking for a fun clan no griefing no stealing.
8. Explain your opinion of a major leader of your country or state: I think it could be okay. as long doesnt go over board. and maybe has a council.
9. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP: I don't have any pictures and ive erased all my ssp worlds for some smp worlds.
1. Preferred name: Slicklizard
2. In-game/account name: Slicklizard
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): 28 April 1988
4. Gender (this is optional): Male(No suprise there O.o)
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Building Castles! I love to add to the decor and I even built myself my own dungeon with traps and monster spawns! :biggrin.gif:
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: I'm always there for a laugh and enjoy building fun and exciting new things. I grew up with Legos so this is like a familiar friend to me.
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: To be honest I just jumped on the forums and you were the first one on the list. I'm hoping to find a good server to jump into the multiplayer aspect of Minecraft.
8. Explain your opinion of a major leader of your country or state: I believe that leaders that are elected do what is best for their country using information that I have no clue about. I try to avoid having an opinion since I do not have insider information into politics.
9. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP:
I'm afraid I haven't been playing long enough to create something truly impressive. I've got the lego deathstar under my belt, but I'm not as talented as some omnipotent beings at greating masterpieces in a week.
1. Preferred name: Goodle
2. In-game/account name: GoodleShoes
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): December 13th, 1991
4. Gender (this is optional): Male
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Building houses or mob traps or eploring
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: I like making traps and self-harvesting farms. And sausages are.....things?
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: Because it sounds awesome. =D
8. Explain your opinion of a major leader of your country or state: That sounds fine until they turn into a tyrant.
9. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP: It's not really that impressive because all my single player stuff was deleted. So here's a simple castle! =D
1. Preferred name: Soup
2. In-game/account name: soup4slaying
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): 11/15/1997
4. Gender: Boy
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Run from creepers
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: Humor and/or creativity?
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: Because i felt like it.
8. Explain your opinion of a major leader of your country or state: Um.. I think leaders should keep promises they make and only make promises they can keep.
9. Include at least one picture or video and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP:
My Tower: http://img651.imageshack.us/i/minecraft3o.png/
Looking up from the bedrock(My halfsteps are bricks due to texturepack): http://img602.imageshack.us/i/minecraft2.png/
My Lavapool, I think 2x2x14 filled completly with lava except every other layer there is a ladder so only 3 spawnblacks: http://img51.imageshack.us/i/minecraft4b.png/
Chickens!(Invedit ftw): http://img842.imageshack.us/i/minecraft5s.png/
Also, could you leave the img code for the sig? :biggrin.gif:
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Don't make fun of me for my ssssssssspeech problem...
1. Preferred, abbreviated name: Kenura (Ken-Your-Uh) or just Ken
2. In-game/account name: Kenura
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): 9/22/92
4. Gender (this is optional): Male
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Build Structures!!! Mainly elaborate maze like castle and bases, and what not.*
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: Other than the average answers of super creative and artistic and blah blah. I am pretty much an open minded guy, very flexible with anything really, and that's not really a talent more than it is a good quality. But talent, I have to say I am a fairly decent writer (parody writer mainly), Film Maker, Director, animator (fairly basic 2d and 3d animation).
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: Well out of all the clans I looked at this seems to be fairly nice and well managed, not to mention the effort you all must put into this.
8. Explain your opinion of the President or Prime Minister of your country: President... well I'm not one for politics, Obama kinda okay I guess, other than the raising taxes the terrible construction of that health care thing that a good number of states were protesting against, and how he is kind of a p**sy... but other than that I don't really have much of an educated opinion on the subject as I truly don't care.
9. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP:
Well lets see, something creative I have done... I guess I go with the good stuff, lol.
(edited this, about a few months after episode one, lol) http://www.youtube.com/user/BUAProductions (pretty much everything here, some are collaborations but mainly all my work, editor writer, stuff and junk, but those are just goofy little con reports or anime parodies like AMV hell and stuff, not really great work, but eh it is a hobby after all)
But in honesty I don't have any pictures or videos of my mine craft stuff as I tend to just delete it or not save what I have done. I'm not one to build something for hours and be like okay save, I mainly just build something, have fun with it than kind of delete it. That way I can have fun building it again or something even better. But here are stuff that isn't Minecraft, but is still my creative stuff.... yeah... ....
So the first two I guess are my more impressive works, though I am not alone on those. I help write The Abridged Series Sands Of Destruction by WorldParodyCommittee, I also do some voice acting. I make some machinima's but nothing that gets put up. I write stories that are just stupid funny little things, some animations here and there. but I have more impressive things if I had more free time and stop rushing my work or just saying, eh **** it that's good enough. I am a bit of a lazy guy, but hey what 18 year old isn't in this day in age.
But I hope you guys like this application thing, Kind of the best I can do off the top of my head. But I appreciate that you took the time to read this... mess XD, and I hope for a response soon.
You can contact me very fast on skype (kotarouseto) if need be.
Well I wish you all good luck with your clan and have a wonderful day or night.
CODE: SELECT ALL
1. Preferred, abbreviated name: Answer goes here Nick
2. In-game/account name: Answer goes here NickD95
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): Answer goes here june 29 95
4. Gender (this is optional): Answer goes here Male
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Answer goes here Build and mine.
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: Answer goes here i think i would really benefit the clan by building or mine for ores
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: Answer goes here i chosen to apply because i would like to be in a well organized server and clan that can build amazing structures together.
8. Explain your opinion of the President or Prime Minister of your country: Answer goes here I quite like my president a.t.m. wish he didn't pass healthcare..
9. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP: Answer and picture goes here I dont have a picture of the amazing things a built wish i did. I built some pretty elaborate strip mines and massive buildings and roller coasters:D
1. Preferred, abbreviated name: Lukas.
2. In-game/account name: Lukasbrowe.
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present):[/color] 1998. Sorry I want to keep the rest private.
4. Gender (this is optional): Male.
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Either blow things up with TNT or mess around with Lava.
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: Keeping everyone happy and blowing things up.
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: I love Obsidian because it's explosion proof and i really liked the city idea.
8. Explain your opinion of the President or Prime Minister of your country: To be honest I love that idea as long as the PM/President doesn't ruin anything.
9. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP: I'm sorry my computer can't take screenshots i think.
Really appreciate it! Thanks.
It's true. The server is down at the moment. The hosting company is kind of a newcomer, so their administration applets on their website are kind of buggy, it seems. I guess we're beta testing their software for them, haha. The only other time this has happened, the server came back up in the early hours of the morning, around 10am eastern time, if memory serves. Get some sleep or go ride a bike or something. :happy.gif:
The only other time this has happened, the server came back up in the early hours of the morning, around 10am eastern time, if memory serves.
The server will come back up whenever the hosting company's customer service team gets around to bringing it back up. Also, for the record, it would probably be best to keep this thread strictly for recruitment, and instead use the clan forums for discussions about uptime.
1. Preferred, abbreviated name: rj
2. In-game/account name: rj161
3. Day, Month, and Year of Birth (you'll get a present): September 15, 1992
4. Gender (this is optional): Male
5. Favorite thing to do in minecraft: Mine/Build *
6. Explain any talents you possess that you feel will greatly benefit the clan: Well I'm pretty good at sniffing out rare minerals. *sasuage
7. Explain why you have chosen to apply to The Obsidian Empire: I really like the way you guys have this set up, with the cities and the econemy. It is really cool.
8. Explain your opinion of the President or Prime Minister of your country: I think that it is a good idea to have other people, besides the main leader, to help govern/rule. If you mean my actual pres/ PM, then I think that President Obama needs some more time. It's pretty hard to judge someone when tey havent been in office very long.
9. Describe your homeland, especially what you like about it: WEell, it is pretty cold right now. But I do love the Fall in Michigan, with all the trees and everything.
10. Include at least one picture or video (or a link to either) and an explanation of something truly impressive that you have created, either in SSP or SMP: Well i dont have any pics or anything so I'll tell i guess but mainly I work on mining. I do try to build cool stuff, but to be honest I am still trying to get the hang of Minecraft. The one thing that I really what to know more about is redstone though. On my own worlds I have so much of it its rediculous. But i dont know what I can do with it. And I saw that you guys have a seperate division for Redstone stuff so that would be cool to, like, learn from those guys.$$