1. Well, I have only played the 1.7.10 ver of the mod before this latest one, so I don't really know what to say. Never saw these dungeons and noticed that loot was harder to find in a huge part of them, doorways were better hidden, and finding an exit out of the dimensional dungeons got waayyyy harder than I remember. Guess my luck is just like that.
4. What about personal pockets? Will they be far apart as well?
5. Haha, I was just exaggerating.
6. I just thought it would be awesome to see the contraption of a giant house (or really anything way bigger of its exterior in an impossible way) inside of a small structure (Kinda like in Harry Potter if you get the reference).
7. But is it even possible to create a mod that enlarges the 256 height limit? I've seen one, but its in alpha and for mc 1.8 if I'm not mistaken.
4. Yes, all pockets are placed that far apart. This is all based on the "gridSize" config option.
5. Aw. :/ That's a shame. I was so looking forward to that schematic.
6. You wouldn't believe it, but I just wrote down a Cubic Chunks addon idea yesterday that fits quite well into that idea.
7. Well... Yes, we already have written some explicit compatibility with Cubic Chunks as it's in development for Minecraft 1.12.2, by the way.
1. I've played through the mod, and so far I can see how improved it is, especially the dungeons which have been more diverse and tricky.
2. I've been searching for about 15 minutes for ways out of the limbo but there doesn't appear to be an exit. Not even a dimensional dungeon door - Is it intentional?
3. Also, what is this looking glass you're going to add? The way I understand from your debate, it allows you to look through the dimensional door? Like, it shows you the next room?
4. You wrote that you'll make it so that you wont be able to see the next room in a dimensional dungeon for spoilers, because they'll be far away. But what about regular dimensional door? Not a dungeon, a self made one.
5. I think it would be pretty neat to see a 400x400 wooden house inside of a door fixed into a 3x3 tree.
1. Then you know something we don't, because until now, we have only used the old schematics. However, we have made them more random. Some of them used to be rarer than others or only occured after at least 4 other dungeons.
2. Yes, Eternal Fabric should be turned into a liquid and teleport you back to the "overworld" again.
3. Yeah, it is going to take a while, though.
4. A "Public Pocket"? (basically an empty black box) Those will be placed just as far apart.
5. A 400x400 pocket would probably need some config changes, but if you could create that, it would be awesome.
Because you can. You can use a command to save a certain area as a schematic.
 if the player were to be sent to Limbo when crossing between the walls of pockets, is there any way to block them from looking into other pockets, maybe with LookingGlass or rendering the old Transient Door texture?
 Maybe just applying something to the player itself so it's unable to see, maybe also add nausea? As a way of warning the player that it's going somewhere it shouldn't and so the transition isn't as dry as a simple loading into another dimension.  It's part of the fun and mystery of the pocket dungeons to not know where you're going! Plus, don't they generate as you go through the door? Or will LookingGlass only render the other side of a pocket after you've gone through the door or if you created the door yourself?
The other pockets will probably be so far away that you won't see them.
You make a valid point. A warning is absolutely a good idea.
We haven't decided yet. Porting LookingGlass we ran in to some problems with Memory management, so we're not close to actually implementing it yet. However rest assured that we will think very hard about how to implement it, once that time comes.
DimDoors 3.0.6 Beta Release
We have released our first beta(s) on CurseForge! Note
The mod is not 100% feature complete and we still have dozens of features to re-implement/fix on our todo-list.
However, the Dungeons work and normal Dimensional Doors should as well.
If you want to use this mod together with Foam Fix, please turn off the "Fast Hopper" module in FoamFix's config file. Otherwise, Minecraft will crash. We are currently talking with AsieKierka about how to best fix this.
Testing and bugs or other issues
At the moment, we are in need of more testers to point out bugs and incompatibilities with other mods for us.
If you find a bug, please report it on our Github issue tracker, join our Discord, or reply to this topic here on this forum. Before reporting a bug, please search our issue tracker to see if it's been reported before. If it already has been, you can give us more information if you have any.
As for the crash, I believe I downloaded it from MinecraftSix.
Never EVER visit that website again.
Also, as Zaesar said, the mod is still in beta. Not all functionality is implemented yet, but all functionality that is implemented should not crash your game. Sadly, we seemed to have failed at the latter part. :/
I hope we'll see you around.
I really have to thank the e-mail service for forgetting to send me a notification for the first time!
Welp, I am gonna go ahead and install discord now ^^
I have been experiencing that 90% of all notifications that you should get of new replies to threads you are subscribed to just don't get sent lately.
Direct replies or quotes still work, but thread subscriptions don't mean anything.
I have reported this to Curse and they should take a look at it when they return from their holiday.
I may be unable to help due to my only talent being warping textures of others into something new and acceptable but still.
I quote Waterpicker:
"Any artists in the channel want to do something for the mod? We need a texture for armor made out of world thread. I just had a brain fart a couple minutes ago that gives it a usage. The armor will prevent monoliths from sending you to limbo."
 I'm pretty sure the original Rift Blade was inspired on The Subtle Knife from Philip Pullman, always was a nerd for books.
 What i meant by temporal pocket (my explanation was confusing) was that when the Rift Blade made doors to a pocket dimension it used to stay (i think), so if the feature for the rift blade is re-implemented the pocket dimension it creates should be a special kind of one that deletes itself after use and you can't use it again.
 What i meant by navigating structures was that when that feature was still arround, you could (for example) find a 4 blocks thick wall in the overworld and make an opening with the blade, go inside the pocket dimension and walk 5 blocks and then make another opening back to the overworld, to then close the nodes; that mechanic worked because coordinates were relative.
1. I have read a book from the series that starts with the Golden Compass in Dutch that had the word "knife" in its title. I already thought that that was the book you were talking about. A little Googling confirmed this. That series was a little bit confusing to me, though. It had a huge Christian influence, but God was practically dead. And there was this dimension with Ghosts/Souls that could kill you by passing through you or something?
Then at the end there was some kind of "new Adam and Eve" thing?
2. At the moment, the Rift Blade can only "open" a "broken" Rift that is already there. The Rift already has a destination before you slash it open using the Rift Blade.
A temporal pocket is an interesting concept regardless. However, unless this would be some kind of "dead end" Dungeon Pocket with loot in it, I don't see how it could be useful. And this very case would be OP in my opinion.
3. You mean some kind of shadow world? A world you can travel through instead of the Overworld? That sounds like a cool idea, but isn't the Nether already quite a lot like that?
 Pockets being on the same dimension sounds amazing, you may need to use something similar to RandomThings' Spectre Dimension to return the player to it's pocket in case they get out through the use of other mods (some dungeons use falling traps, so it may be a good idea to allow the player to go as high or low the Y coordinates as it wants), it could even send the player to Limbo if it tries to 'tear through the veil between realities' or something of the sorts.
 I'm guessing Transient Doors will allow you to go to a temporal pocket then? I loved the mechanic of being able to memorize the layout of a structure/place and being able to go inside the pocket with the rift blade, navigate my way as i would have on the original dimension and get out on a relative coordinate; if it's possible to work on it, i think there's value on keeping that unique gameplay element. Also, being able to create temporal portals over a broken rift portal's node used to allow getting inside the pocket it leads to; other possible features that would be easy to recode if you guys can't work on that could possibly be closing broken rifts with the sword.
 On another note, maybe making a trapdoor-inspired normal door that is placed in the floor but looks like a normal door could be a nice extra addition to spice up dungeons that doesn't waste otherwise valuable time? M. C. Escher style, kind of.
My best wishes to all of you, thank you so much for using your free time and braincells to keep this fun mod alive for the community.
You are nice people.
1. I have designed the placement of Pockets keeping that in mind. Development of a system for checking if a player is still "inside the Pocket", was started by me, but not finished yet. My idea was sending the player straight to Limbo, unless they fell out of the world, but maybe teleporting them back inside the Pocket would be a good idea instead. We'll consider it.
2. What you seem to be calling a "temporal pocket", we are calling a "Dungeon Pocket". Indeed, this would leave behind a Rift that could only be entered directly with the Rift Blade. A Dimensional Door can be placed "on" this Rift as well, to obtain a more permanent entrance to the Pocket it leads to. A 'broken" Rift can be "closed", indeed, but with a Rift Remover, not with the Rift Blade.
At the moment, moving within a Pocket will not have any effect on the coordinates that you will end up at in the Overworld if you jump into a Transdimensional Trapdoor or in Limbo if you fall out of the world or die. However, going to a deeper or shallower Dungeon Pocket, or movement between Pockets will randomly offset these coordinates and the deeper the Pocket, the more this random offset could be.
Coordinates in Limbo and the Overworld currently correspond 1 to 1.
3. I have proposed this to my fellow developers. I think they will like it, but it probably shouldn't be a priority.
I am so happy that this is going to be remade! I hope the Rift Blade uses the 1.6.4 functionality of making a one time use portal; you should make the resulting dimension be deleted if there are no players logged off inside/already inside and if there's no doors/rifts leading to that dimension if too many rifts lag the server (or any other easier-to-code alternative)
The Rift Blade is either going to directly Teleport you to the destination of the Rift or open a 1-time use "Transient Door". We haven't decided yet on which of the two.
Our most prominent change to 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 will be that a new "Pocket" will not create a new dimension. Instead, various Pockets will be placed in the same dimension. As such, we see no initial reason to delete any unreachable "Pockets".