The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Your Mom's House
Hey guys. Shortly before this mod was discontinued, me and a couple other guys were going to create a Star Wars mod that has the same principals as this one, except it focuses on multiplayer. If you are interested in this mod, please visit this link.
Parzi's mod was definitely one of the best culturally themed one(If not THE best). And I hope you guys will enjoy ours too. I'm not trying to advertise my mod, I'm just trying to give you guys a new alternative to this one.
Thank you Parzi and Weaston for the good memories.
Awesome mod, I have been following progress for couple of months. I do have a couple of suggestions though (just for the future.)
1) New planets, like the ones in rogue one and MON CAL PLZ
2) Storyline more like the movies, and actual battle scenes from movies
3) More ships that you can go inside but don't really fly (examples: AT-AT, the ghost, a6 juggernaut, rebel medical frigate)
4) Prominent characters, like Luke and Leia (this one has probably been suggested before)
5) Maybe make ships more realistic and have multiple people go inside them at once, like ones from the flans mod
6) Add a background to the character, including playable flashbacks to the clone wars and pre-rebel era
7) Space battles, like attacking/infiltrating a star destroyer
8) Classes inside rebel and empire, like heavy gunner, driver, sniper, scout, Ect.
Again, just to clean up, i am not demanding these in any way, and i know it takes you a crap ton of effort to just do one of these suggestions. I am just suggesting these for future reference, and maybe it might also spark some ideas inside your heads that you might want to do in the future
Best regards, kappa5000
you guys are amazing
My answers to your suggestions aren't official, but just keep in mind that I've tested the alpha and I have a basic idea of what's happening next for the mod.
1) Yes. Maybe not Mon Cal specifically, but you can expect more planets.
2) Eh, maybe. I don't know if Parzi or Weaston want to follow any of the series's storyline. I know they said there were working on more quests but I don't think they will be about the main story.
3) Maybe? The team has already said that if they do add ships then they won't be flyable. I'd expect maybe a couple of the bigger structures but none that are completely flyable.
4) Maybe. I wouldn't doubt this one, knowing that they've added Captain Phasma's armor indirectly.
5) Maybe. I hope this happens too, and it's not impossible to program.
6) Maybe. This would require a cutscene, which I don't think has ever been done in Minecraft. I'd be interesting to see how this would be done.
7) Yes. You would be able to do this on a server, but people aren't donating to get one. If you can connect to people on a different server, or on LAN, then this is already confirmed.
8) Yes? When playing the quests, you can switch to different rifles, and a mini gun wouldn't be short of impressing us all.
I know nothing for sure about the mod. If Parzi wants to confirm this, he can. I tried my best not to give spoilers. (although, most have already been given out...)
The distinction to make here is that stability does not outweigh a full feature-set. We just have so much to re-implement and get working and like Parzi said, it all comes down to when we feel like it has enough in it that we feel like releasing it. We said we would release WIP builds as a way for people to see progress, we did not promise a ton of them, nor did we outline their frequency. We are literally having to remake the mod for 1.11 and we will release WIP builds whenever we feel like it and only as a good faith thing to show you guys that, yes, we are in fact working. If we released a dev build right now it wouldn't have armors, lightsabers, working blasters, quests, mobs, merchants, items, structures, or even all of the dimensions we have in the 1.7.10 version, so please please just give us time. You guys aren't missing out on anything and us being not very active here is a good thing because it means that we are very much entrenched in what we are working on and want to use our time as wisely as we can. Just please give us some time.
Like I said, the post was all my opinion. It's fine if you think it's not ready, and in some aspects, I agree.
Parzi and Weaston are working hard to make a stable build. The build that I got to test(and no, I can't give it to anyone) was very stable and in my opinion could be released. I am in no place to tell anyone when the mod will come out but remember this:
"Patience, young padawan." -Obi-Wan Kenobi (I think)
Hello, Weastonn! Nice to meet you! I got a question! How close is the team [speaking in update numbers] in developing the Prequel Content? I know everyone is talking [and being hype] about Rogue One, etc etc…but I do really want to see Jar Jar Binks! [and visit Naboo] :’v
You are the first person who wants to see Jar Jar. If anything, I want to kill the guy. I guess we all have our own opinions about the Prequels, and this is off topic.
This is off topic, but don't you hate these "one-reply wonders?" Minecraft Forums can't really do anything about it, but I think people should have the common sense that when they ask a question, it will be answered in some way.
No need to reply to this(since it's off topic), I just wanted to get that out of the way.
1. Models of the creatures that are not human are bad and really need fixing.
2. Textures on pretty much everything are too HD and don't fit in with the game.
3. You release a mod where the dimensions barely look like their movie counterparts e.g. sand on Tatooine is too pink and there is also reddish rocks there aswell, Dagobah doesn't even look like the swamp from the movies and it is a lot flatter and the trees a bigger and denser and the ground is mud not grass.
4. If you are going to add more mobs in the future whats wrong with adding creatures from the expanded universe such as Knobby Spiders on Dagobah and there is a lot more creatures on Endor then just Ewoks.
5. Quest Log sucks it never works at all.T 1. the creatures look fine, its just that the wookies dont have variants
1. They look fine as they are.
2. The textures look good, just use a 16 or 32 resolution.
3. The dimensions aren't gonna look exactly like their movie counterparts. if it doesn't live up to your standards then you need to lower them.
4. The expanded universe is no longer canon.
5. Its ment to sit in your inventory, not to be used.
I Was Using A Pre-Existing world but when I Loaded It Up On A New World And It Still Crashed And Still said that I Didn`t Have Enough Memory On Minecraft. I Can Send You The Crash Report You Want.
Also Can You Put The Download For 1.2.11 Back On The Download Page Because I Deleted The 1.2.11 When I Downloaded 1.3
There Is 2 Reasons Why I Want This: 1. Your Mod Is Awesome And I still Want To play It.
2. I Was Doing A Mod Series What Has This Mod In It And It Will Keep Crashing If I Go On That World And I Want To Keep The Mod In The Series.Sorry For Bragging A Bit But I Just Love This Mod!
How Do You Even Do This. It Is So Annoying To Do This. It Makes Your Posts Somewhat Hard To Read And/Or Understand.