I am allergic to at least two kinds of shellfish. Those two being shrimp and lobster. Nothing happens when I touch or go near them as far as I know, but I start getting symptoms when I eat anything containing those two shellfish kinds. First figured this out after eating my first serving of shrimp, started getting blotches all over my face and I was violently throwing up for about 10 minutes. Awhile before that I had one bite of lobster (can't remember which part of the lobster) and I only had a slight soreness in my throat for awhile and thought nothing of it until the shrimp incident.
The only other food item that contained shellfish that I have eaten was a crab cake, but I can't recall having any allergic reaction to it; yet I don't want to try any again after what has happened with the shrimp.
Other than pollen, I am allergic to corn, beans, peas, shrimp, rice, nuts, milk, soy, gluten, and eggs, along with grass and cats. I have to avoid milk and rice because I can't digest them and they make me sick. For the rest of them, I have no reactions at all, but my medical conditions get better when I avoid all of the foods listed above, so I have to avoid them. I am allergic to cats but I will never get rid of the cats I have had for years. When I go away from home I feel the exact same as I do around them, so theres no reason to get rid of them over a little congestion.
I have a massive allergy attack around this time of year (spring in the US) when the trees start blooming. Dogwood, cherrywood, oak, etc. All of that stuff makes me go haywire with drowzyness, sneezing, constant headaches and just in general not being able to think straight.
Lucky me though the opening of spring seems to be ending so I can return to being the normal me soon.
I have allergies like that too. My eyes water, My nose feels inflamed, and I sneeze a lot. They suck.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
"Shall I take you away, to the place where dreams come true?"
I have a sulfite sensitivity, which isn't a true allergy since it doesn't happen every time I have sulfites, but I can still have some gnarly allergic reactions to them if I eat too many foods with that nasty stuff in it. It'll start off fairly harmless, a few itchy hives along my hip or the inside of my arm, and then suddenly...my esophagus closes up and I feel like I have food caught behind my breastbone and I'm gonna die unless I stab myself with an Epipen.
The weirdest thing is...I never had any allergies before this, ever. It developed out of the blue in the past few years and apparently it's becoming more widespread, at least in the 'States, because of our craptastic diet. Gotta extend that shelf life, keep those profit margins fat, right?
I find that I sneeze and have itchy eyes when it is hot out so I guess it is pollen.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Welcome to my signature! I'm on the forums almost everyday (even if its just for a few minutes) So if you have something to tell me or tell me about, just send me a PM (private message) Note- I do not usually check the places I post to see if there are replies, so the above applies. ~Notch
Yeah, allergic to pollen. I live in Georgia and in the past spring the pollen count was over 8000 (8000 pollen per square inch of air or some rate like that)!!
Pollen is counted as "Extremely High" at 1500. IT WAS 8000!!! If it was over 9000 I would've died. XD